Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

Help Has Arrived (Cyanide Suicide)

I grabbed onto Poison's arm.

"Poison, what was that?" I asked.

"Someone was trying to get through to us..." he said, still looking at the screen, as if waiting for something to show up again. "They must not have a radio, so they broke into the signal breaker and put their own message out for us to see."

"So are we going to go help them?" Joker asked, arm wrapped around Kobra. Poison nodded, and stood up, pulling me up with him.

"We have to, don't we?" he said. "They were ambushed in Zone Two...that's one of the more dangerous Zones." Pony nodded, still sitting on the couch.

"I actually JUST came back from there..." he said. "I must have just missed this group of killjoys that need our help." He shook his head.

"Pony, don't feel bad, you didn't know," Kobra said, and I nodded.

"So are we going, Poison?" I looked up at him, and he nodded.

"As soon at Fun Ghoul and Jet Star get back, we will..." He looked out the window. "Which had better be soon. The faster we get to Zone Two, the better...." He grabbed my mask off of the table, along with his gun and took my arm, and we walked together, through the door, into the blinding sunlight, Kobra and Joker close behind. We stood there, waiting for them to show up, and they eventually did after what seemed like hours. Jet Star got out of the car and took a gigantic white box with the BL/ind logo on the side of it, and Fun Ghoul did the same.

"Guys, we just got a message from a group of Killjoys that got ambushed in Zone Two," Poison filled them in. Fun Ghoul nodded, and he and Jet Star quickly brought the boxes inside. I heard Fun Ghoul tell Show Pony to unload everything, and they walked back out of the shack, putting their aviators back on as they walked out. Poison looked down at me, and brought his mask down. I did the same.

"Ready?" he asked. I nodded. He smirked, and we all got in the car, Poison at the wheel again, me in the passenger's seat, Joker, Kobra, and Jet Star in the back seat, and Fun Ghoul sitting on the back of the car, since there were no seats left.

"Poison, you better not fucking throw me off this time," he yelled, and Poison laughed. I looked at him, and dug the map of the Zones out of the glovebox to give to Jet Star for navigation. he took it, nodding.

"You HAVE to tell me that story later, okay?" I said sitting back in my seat, and he nodded, and we began zooming down the road towards Zone Two, to help the killjoys that were in danger.
_______________________________________________________________________
I looked in the rearview mirror to see Joker basically sitting on Kobra's lap, and smiled at their intimate moment they were having right now. Their hands were entangled within each other, and they were lightly kissing each other, smiling. I looked at Poison.

"Your brother seems to like Joker..." I said, and he looked at me, driving with one hand on the wheel.

"It seems so," he smiled. "But I like you more." My heart fluttered when he said this, and I felt myself blushing. I turned to face forward, my hands together between my legs, biting my bottom lip in happiness. No one had every said anything like that to me before, and I got to admit, it felt wonderful. I smiled, looking out my window at the vast nothingness passing by.

"How are we doin' back there, Fun Ghoul?" I yelled out the window. I saw his left arm stretch out with a thumbs up.

"SOLID!" I heard him say, the wind rushing by my face, making my hair fly all over the place. My mask somehow managed to stay on through all of this. I stayed leaning out the window, and streteched my arms out, and let out a cry of happiness.

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" I cried, feeling the wind in my face and the heat of the sun on my skin. I felt Poison pull on my belt, and I clambered back in the car.

"What?" I asked.

"Dr. D is back." Poison said and hear the voice of Dr. D on the radio.

"Bad news from the Zones, tumbleweeds...looks like there's been a clap between a group of killjoys and Dracs in the heart of Zone two, and so far three killjoys have been exterminated. Sadly, their names were: Juicy Diamond, Transmission Thrusts, and Atomic Crash. Even though they have been dusted, their shadows live on without them. This is Dr. D, signing off."

I punched the dashboard in anger, and Kobra and Joker stopped their moment to look at me.

"DAMN IT!" I yelled, and Poison put a reassuring hand on my shoulder, rubbing it lightly. I grabbed his hand, and our fingers wrapped together, resting on my shoulder.

"Hey...we couldn't do anything to help, babe..." I looked at him.

"Still, Poison, this shouldn't be happening!" I groaned. "We could have SAVED them, made FRIENDS with them, but no. It's too late. They're gone, ghosted. And we could have saved them."

"Hey..." He took his eyes off the road to look at me. "It's not about the friends you made, Cyanide, but the graffiti you write on their graves. You understand?" I took a deep breath, and nodded.

"We're almost there," Jet Star said, looking at the map in his hands. I let go of Poison's hand so he could steer, and I stared back out the window, saying a silent prayer to those who had fallen today. I swore right then and there, I would have my revenge on everything BL/ind.

"Be prepared for anything..." I heard Joker say as she lightly touched my shoulder. I smiled slightly, knowing I had to be.
_______________________________________________________________________
We drove for another ten miles or so, and eventually came to the battlefield. We got out of the car, cocked our guns and had them at the ready. I put up my bandana, and saw Kobra and Joker to the same, gazing at each other. Fun Ghoul hopped off the trunk and walked around the car, his bandana already on and gun raised. I surveyed the area; Dracs were scattered everywhere on the ground, along with the bodies of the three fallen killjoys, two boys and a girl. They looked no older than the age of sixteen; me being almost 19, I started crying seeing them. Poison walked up to me and hugged me.

"Ssshhh....Cyanide...stop, you couldn't do anything about it..." I wrapped my arms around him, and sobbed into his jacket, the tears leaving streaks in the dust on it.

"They had so much more to live for..." I sobbed, and he held me closer, putting his chin on my shoulder, rubbing my back.

"Where's the others, though?" Fun Ghoul said, looking around. Poison let me go after kissing the top of my head, and walked in a small circle.

"There were more killjoys?" Joker asked, and Fun Ghoul nodded.

"Yeah, we drove past them earlier when we were getting supplies," he explained. "There were two more, I think." We all looked around, guns raised. I held my bandana to my face with my free hand, the wind picking up again. Dust was blowing all around us, surrounding us in a veil of dust and sand.

"What's happening?" Jet Star asked. Poison turned around.

"I don't know..." he said. "But be ready. Okay?" We nodded, and we all stood in a circle, facing away from each other so we can see from all angles, guns ready to fire. The dust settled, revealing yet another hoard of white-clad Draculoids, surrounding us on all sides.

"Shit!" I yelled. "They're everywhere!"

"Everyone, stay on your toes!" Kobra yelled, and I shot the first round, zapping one in the face. After that, they caved in on us, and we stayed in circle position, firing at Dracs as they came too close for comfort. At one point, a Drac dodged my laser beam and grabbed my arm. Remembering my slight knowledge of karate, I used his force against him, flipped him over onto the ground, put my foot on his chest, and shot him in the head.

"Nice move!" I heard Jet Star yell as he fired away at two Dracs at once. Eventually, our formation failed; they were literally all around us, and we could no longer keep them back. We deformed from a circle to just being plain scattered around. Kobra managed to shoot a Drac, then quickly turn around as he stretched his arm out, punching the other one out. Joker was being double teamed, so Kobra ran over to her to help, grabbing her around the waist to have her dodge a laser to the chest, tackling her to the ground, and shot the Drac in the arm, then the face. Joker looked up at him, relieved, and also in a loving sort of way.

"Thanks!" She said, and Kobra nodded, smiling, and rolled off of her hesitantly, and both stood back up and continued shooting down Dracs as they came into view.

Fun Ghoul and Poison were back to back, firing away, every shot being right to the face. Poison misfired, and dodged a laser beam before standing back up and punching the Drac right in head, knocking it down on the ground. Fun Ghoul helped out by shooting it in the chest, nodded at Poison, then ran to go help Jet Star, who I saw was in trouble. He was surrounded by about seven Dracs, and was about to be annihilated. Fun Ghoul shot two of them out as he ran over to help, and I thought I should help too. I ran over to him, leaping into the air, over a Drac, shooting the top of his head, and landing next to Jet Star, using my free hand for support, then stood back up straight and shot another one in the back of the head.

"Holy shit! Where did you learn that?" Fun Ghoul yelled, turning his head to look at me. I smirked at him and winked, and continued firing away, back to back with Jet Star, until most of the Dracs were vanquished.

"Just a few more, guys!" Poison yelled, biting his lip in concentration as he shot yet another Drac in the face; his gun was working again. Joker and Kobra were still together on the other side of the road, back to back. Joker's hand was on her face, keeping her bandana up, and she said something to Kobra. She wrapped her arms around his, still facing the opposite direction, and he lifted her up, and she kicked two Dracs in the chest at the same time, knocking them down. Kobra let her go and shot them dead, and they ran over to where the rest of us were.

Finally, they stopped coming out of nowhere, and Poison shot the last living Drac dead on in the face. Then, it was silent.

"Where could those other killjoys be..." he said, lowering his gun but not holstering it. He walked over to where me, Fun Ghoul, and Jet Star were.

"Great work, team," he said proudly. Then he looked at me, holstering his gun. He high fived Fun Ghoul and Jet Star, and then walked right in front of me.

"But holy shit, Cyanide, you get MVP of the battle! You were even injured, and you were incredible!" He wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me into the air, laughing, and I giggled, slapping his shoulders.

"No! NO! Stop! Put me down, Poison!" I laughed, and he put me down, and we kissed each other on the lips once more, and I felt that rush of fire surge through my body again. We parted, and smiled at each other, then turned to the others.

"Well," He said. "Let's get to work looking for those two missing killjoys..." He grabbed my hand in his, and we walked over to Kobra and Joker, Fun Ghoul and Jet Star following close behind.