Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

No Time for Fun and Games (Electronic Joker)

We walk a little further down the edge of Zone Two, mine and Kobra’s arms linked together. I look ahead to see Poison and Cyanide, their hands lightly entwined, I can’t help but smile. Suddenly, Cyanide stumbles over a body, only to have Poison catch her; they remained there staring at each other, lost in each other's eyes.

“Come on lovebirds,” I say, running up to them, Kobra keeping up with me, and I punched Poison in the back, winking at him.

“You two can talk!” he says, a cheeky grin occurring on his face as he helps Cyanide back up, I smile and walk ahead of them all, Cyanide following me. I focus on a stone beneath my feet and kick it ahead of me, and coughing lightly in the dust it leaves.

“So I uh, guess you two are a thing now huh?” she asks, I can feel myself blush as I kick the stone ahead of me again.

“Ha, yeah…yeah I guess we are,” I look back at Kobra, who’s play fighting with his brother, I smile at this and turn back to focus on the stone, kicking it through the sand again.

“I really like him you know…” she looks up at me, I know she knows, I see the way she looks at Poison. “I’ve never felt like this about anyone before. Ever."

“Enough about me and Kobra, how about you and Poison, hey? You guys are adorable.” She blushes without trying to hide it.

“…you kissed him yet?” I tease her, giggling as she smacks me on the shoulder.

“Yeah, as a matter of fact I have,” she laughs. "A littler further than that, really..." I want to tease her more.

“Was he good?” I laugh more and run ahead before she can hit me again.

“We should compare their kissing!” she said, laughing and running towards me. I fall into hysterics and almost trip over a body.

“How slobbery was it on a scale of one to ten?” she giggles again, and I realize we’ve stopped walking from laughing so much.

“Oh my god, Cyanide stop it! My stomach hurts!” I grab my stomach, and see her grab hers too. I looked up and laughed even harder when I saw we were being confronted by the brothers with looks of confusion on both of their faces. This only makes us laugh more as we fall into stitches. I grab hold of her shoulder as to stop me falling over.

“What?” they say, in exact unison.

“Nothing, nothing!” I say while laughing at the same time, wiping tears away from my face. Suddenly, there were two loud bangs from in the distance. We all stop laughing instantly.

“That was gunfire” says Poison, “Come on!” he shouts, running towards the noise, it came from a small shop just to left of us.

“Ghoul! Jet Star!” shouts Cyanide, as we tug them both by the arms as we run towards the shop. I take out my gun from my holster, and look around to find that everyone else has done the same as I pull down my bandana, we near the shop and stop in front of it. Poison makes a signal to me with his hands, telling me to go round the back and wait for his signal; I obey and run to the back of the shop as quietly as I could.

I hear the others run to various places around the shop, I wait for a signal and spot Kobra behind the wall to the left of me, and he looks over to me and smiles.

I smile back and pull back on my gun and turn back to Poison waiting for the signal to be given.