Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

Rescued (Cyanide Suicide)

I follow Joker around the back of the shop, and tried the door, but it was locked.I tried kicking it down with my good leg, but it didn't budge.

"Fuck," I say, trying to see another way in. I look up, and there's a broken window just out of my reach. I look at Joker.

"Lift me up," I said, and she nodded, and got down in one knee, her hands laced together, and she lifts me up as I stand on her interlaced hands, and she pushes me up, through the high window, and I fall inside the building, wobbling on my bad leg.

"Damn it," I say to myself. I turn around and open the door, and Joker rushes in.

"What's going on in here?" She said, turning in a circle with her gun raised. I looked around. There was nothing in the shop except for expired food in original packaging, not the kind with the BL/ind logo on it. It was dusty and dirty, and with every step I took, small dust clouds came up around my feet. I looked at the front door, and saw the door fall down, and I saw that Poison had kicked it open, and he walked in, gun raised. Fun Ghoul, Kobra, and Jet Star came in behind him, and we huddled in the middle of the store.

"There's nothing here..." Poison said, looking around. I nodded.

"Anyone check the back room?" I asked, and Joker and Kobra nodded, and left to go check it out.

"What WAS that?" Jet Star asked.

"Is was definitely gunfire," Fun Ghoul said, and Poison and I nodded. "Maybe an explosion or something...I don't know."

"There's no trace of Dracs here, though," I said. Poison frowned.

"UH, GUYS!" I head Kobra yell from the back room, and we all rush in there, and I gasp at what I saw. There were the two missing killjoys, tied up in chairs and gagged, one boy and one girl. Poison and I ran around to the backs of the chairs; I took out my Swiss army knife and cut the ropes off of the boy's wrists, and he took down the gag and turned to face me.

"Holy fuck, thank you so much," He said, and I nodded, handing Poison the knife, and he cut the girl's bonds, and hugged her. A shot of jealousy shot through me, but I shook it off, looking back at the boy.

"No prob," I said. "What's your name?"

"Agent Exploder," he replied, "And this is my sister, Atomic After." I nodded.

"Well thank god we got here in time," Kobra said, and Joker nodded.

"What was that explosion, by the way?" She asked. Exploder shook his head.

"I don't know..." He said. "It came from out back." I narrowed my eyes.

"I didn't see anything back there...did you, Joker?" She shook her head, then looked around, sniffing.

"Is that.....gasoline?" she asked, and we all sniffed around.

"Fuck, they're gonna set this place off," Fun Ghoul yelled. "RUN!" We ran out of the back room in a group, me holding Poison's hand, and we ran back through the shop, and all leaped out of the front door, covering our heads as the place exploded into a mushroom cloud of smoke and fire, crackling. The sound was so loud, my head was pounding, and I felt the heat wave from the explosion rush over me; I squeezed Poison's hand as it passed by. I heard pieces of wooden walls and rubble fall from the sky, and winced whenever something landed on my body. I felt the heat from it every time stinging my body. We all lied there for a couple minutes, waiting for any after explosions, and finally the rubble stopped falling, and we all got up slowly. I dusted myself off, coughing, and looked around.

Kobra's glasses had fallen off when he hit the ground, and for the first time, I saw his eyes. They were similar to his brothers, yet different in obvious ways. Still hazel, but had a different, more unique shape. I now understood why Joker couldn't stop looking at them. Joker bent down to pick up his glasses, and got on her toes to put them back on his face, and after she did so Kobra hugged her tight, smiling.

"You okay?" He asked her, and she nodded, looking up at him. Fun Ghoul got up, dusting himself off, grabbing Jet Star's hand, helping him up. The brother and sister got up, hugging each other, smiling, looking relieved to be rescued. I looked down at Poison, who was lying there on his back, unconscious, mouth slightly open.

"No..." I said, getting back down on my knees, feeling his chest. His heartbeat was faint.

"No, no, no, no!" I said, putting an ear to his chest. I heard him breathing, but barely. I looked up at everyone, and they just looked at me in my hysterics, concerned. Groaning, I slapped his face lightly, and his head took the blow and moved, but he didn't respond.

"Poison...Poison...wake up, please...." I started crying. I heard Joker get on her knees next to be, rubbing my back, and I bent down and kissed Poison right on the lips, trying to wake him up. There was no response. I basically lied down on top of him, kissing him like a madman, and eventually I saw him smirk, and then he wrapped his arms around me. I widened my eyes in surprise, and he rolled over to be on top of me, straddling me, hands on my stomach.

"OH SHIT!" I heard Fun Ghoul yell, giggling.

"POISON, WHAT THE FUCK?!" I screamed at him, and punched him in the chest. He just laughed at me.

"Lighten up, babe!" He said, bending down to kiss me again. I let him in for a few seconds, feeling his tongue moving around in my mouth, then shoved him off me.

"God damn it," I said, rolling over and standing up, Poison still smirking at me. I walked over and punched him in the chest again. Everyone else was laughing, except for the two that had never seen us before in their lives; they looked frightened.

"Why!" I yelled, and he just stood up and hugged me.

"I was testing you," he said in my ear. "You passed." I smiled, then pushed him away.

"Don't you ever fucking do that again," I said, smiling.

"Ehem..." Kobra said. "To more pressing matters....Who the fuck just tried to kill us?"

"Who do you think, honestly?" Fun Ghoul said, looking at the wreckage of the shop. "It was clearly Korse, getting revenge on us for earlier." I nodded, wrapping my arms around Poison, who put his hand on my back.

"Well, he ain't gonna do shit to us, no matter how hard he tries," Poison said, kissing the top of my head. Fun Ghoul looked at the brother and sister, who was looking at all of us in awe.

"You...You six..." Exploder said. "YOU are the ones who went up against BL/ind earlier?" He looked amazed at the fact. Joker nodded from under Kobra's arm.

"Yep, that was us!"

"You guys are fearless!" Atomic said in a mousy voice, and I smiled. She looked to be no more than fourteen, and her brother at least eighteen, maybe older; about my age. He was cute, I had to admit, but I was taken already. I smiled, realizing this, looking up at Poison.

"Anyways," Exploder said. "Thanks so much for rescuing us," He held his sister's hand, and began to walk away.

"Whoa, where do you think you two are going?" Fun Ghoul called. They stopped and turned around.

"Uh..." Exploder said, confused. Fun Ghoul smiled.

"At least have a bite with us, will you?" he said, and Exploder shrugged, walking back over to us.

"Fun Ghoul...There's no room in the car..." Poison leaned over to him, speaking through clenched teeth. Fun Ghoul leaned his head too, and spoke quietly.

"You take Kobra and the girls back. Jet Star and I will walk back with them to Dr. D's." Poison nodded, hesitantly, and I felt him breath out a sigh of anxiety. I looked up at him.

"They'll be okay," I said, and he nodded, kissing my head once more. I watched Jet Star and Fun Ghoul join the ranks of the two we saved, and they walked into the sunset, bandanas up and guns ready. Poison took his arm off my back and held my hand, and we walked over to Kobra and Joker, who were also hand in hand.

"Well, I guess it's back to HQ..." Poison said. The other two nodded, and we got in the car, me in the passenger's seat and Kobra and Joker in the back, sitting close together, and Poison started the car and drove off, one hand on the wheel and his other one laced around mine.