Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

These Are Dark Times, There is No Denying (Electronic Joker)

I stared at the scene in front of me for a bit, Poison couldn’t take his eyes off of Cyanide, even though he was driving, their hands entwined. I smiled at this and then looked up at Kobra to find him staring at me.

“What?” I ask, still smiling, gazing into his beautiful hazel eyes, practically hypnotised, playing my fingers around his.

“Nothing,” he said, leaning down and kissing me lightly. I giggled and decided to turn to look out the back window to see if I could see the others walking behind us. I spot Ghoul and sarcastically wave at him, teasing him about the fact he has to walk, he smirks and gives me the finger and then we zoom off towards the sun.

“So what are we gonna do with them?” asks Kobra, aiming his question towards his brother.

“What else can we do with them other than let them stay with us?” he says, turning back to focus on the road.

“Do we have room?” Kobra asks, uncertainty in his face.

“We’ll make room,” I say, still gleaming up at him. “I mean…you could stay in my room?” I ask, grinning cheekily.

“What a fabulous idea,” giggles Cyanide, winking over her shoulder, “And Poison…I could give up mine...?” she asks, squeezing his hand, grinning at him hopefully.

“I swear they plan this ahead,” whispers Poison over his shoulder to Kobra, we all burst out laughing.

Confusion mounts on all our faces as we pull to the shack, seeing the Killjoys that we had left to walk back, already there. I jump out of the car and head for Ghoul.

“How the fuck man?” I scream, laughing at the same time, punching at his shoulder.

“It’s a secret,” he winks, I look behind him and spot the black rusty car and then I remember Dr. D’s home.

“Dr. D?” I ask grinning. “You fucker, how’d you…oh.” He laughs as I realize the car behind him.

“Yeah, he gave us a ride,” I gleam and just want to get into the shack.

“Can I meet him?” I ask, my feet jumping up and down without me realizing. Ghoul nods and turns leading in the two Killjoys, I follow on behind with Kobra, Cyanide and Poison.

“So look out for those acid winds this weekend, they are gonna be strong tumbleweeds.” I recognize the voice and smile as soon as I spot him, sitting, speaking through the microphone.

“This is Dr. D, signing off” he turns and almost falls off his wheelchair; it's one of the older kind, from the earlier times. It's mechanical, so he moves the controller around to turn towards us, and cocks his head. He has aviators, a beard and moustache, and a bandana around his head. His hair is long, longer than Fun Ghoul's. He's wearing a black vest with a green button up shirt under it, a patch with the same spider that is on the car. and black racing gloves. He has a leg brace on his left leg, but it's probably a fake, seeing as he stood up from his chair, and crossed his arms around his chest.

“Well, who are these colourful motor babies?” he asks, stretching out his hand to me, I shake it a little too enthusiastically.

“Electronic Joker, at your service,” I smile and salute him as he smiles back, I turn to the two Killjoys, and Cyanide lets go of Poison's hand and steps forward to introduce them.

“I'm Cyanide Suicide," she says, grinning, "And this,” she continues, pointing to the boy of the two siblings, “is Agent Exploder," he shakes Dr. D’s hand

“Very nice to meet you, sir,” he says, smiling politely, and turns to his sister who’s standing nervously behind him, biting her lip. "And this is my sister, Atomic After.” He nudges her forward as Dr. D offers his hand, she shakes it lightly and then returns to her previous position without speaking.

“Well, you’re all very welcome here,” he gleams, “all Killjoys are.” and with that, he turns back to the guy that looks like he just rolled out of dance class. “Fix the new Killjoys a drink,” Show Pony nods and spins left on his rollerblades. I turn and see that Poison and Cyanide are on the sofa, not surprisingly engrossed in another long term kiss, Poison's arm around Cyanide's shoulder, and he was leaning her head up, their lips moving with each other's. I smile and feel a tap on my shoulder, and turn to face the direction it came from to come face to face with Exploder. He’s cute I guess…short brown shaggy hair, beautifully shaped blue eyes and a sculptured face.

I shake the idea out of my head; I’m with Kobra after all.

“Um…I was just wondering…about…about our friends…” I gulp, does he not know? Oh shit fuck.

“I’m sorry…” I say without realising, I then decide to break it to him as easily as I can. “They didn’t make it...” I look at him, his face had dropped and he was looking at his feet, before I could comfort him he had stormed out of the shack. I looked at Atomic and saw tears develop in her eyes. I walked over and hugged her, and she didn't protest. This must be hard for her, being her age...

“I’m sorry, there was nothing we could do…” I sigh, and feel my eyes water up myself.

“I know…” she sniffs and walks out to comfort her brother and I slump next to Kobra, resting my head on his shoulder.

"You did all you can..." He said, stroking my hair. I nodded, still slightly sobbing.