Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

Pardon the Intrusion...Again. (Electronic Joker)

I walked in, and Kobra closed the door behind us. I fell onto his bed and burst into to tears. He sat next to me and hugged me, “Hey…shh…it’s okay.....” he comforted. I looked into his tear stained jacket; I should tell him what happened. I sniff and look up at him. I can barely see him through my tears.

“I never told you, about my parents…I never told you…” Kobra reached up and wiped away my tears and stroked my cheek lightly.

“You never had to tell me anything,” he whispered, kissing me lightly. I pull away and begin.

“I’m not from here, as you may have guessed from my accent...I’m from England.” Kobra nodded and nudged me up the bed, we lay down, propped up by pillows and he put his arm around me, keeping me close, putting his glasses on the edge of the bed.

“Well…my parents, they were always against what BL/ind were doing. They knew that the world was turning to shit. So we hid Killjoys in our basement. We pretended we were ordinary people, living by the BL/ind rules, but we weren’t, we were practically Killjoys.” I look up at him and notice his eyes are fixated on me, his eyebrows raised in concern and interest. I continue.

“One day I came home and found…” I feel my eyes tear up again and I bury my head in his shoulder, he strokes my hair and kisses my head. I look back up.

“…and found them all dead…my parents…everyone” I see that Kobra’s eyes are tear filled too. I wrap my arms around him.

“A SCARECROW?” he asks through my neck. I nod into his shoulder in reply. He pulls me back by my shoulders.

“I’m so sorry” he says, I stroke his cheek and lean my forehead on his.

“It’s not your fault and it never will be, it was BL/ind’s and I will get my revenge” I whisper, both our eyes closed, I lean in and kiss him, much more passionately this time, pressing my lips hard against his, he does the same, our lips moving in sync.

“I’ll never let them hurt you,” he whispers, pulling away slightly, his nose touching mine, I feel his breath against mine, “…I promise.” I smile and lean in to kiss him once again. After a few minutes, he leans back slightly, our foreheads still touching.

“We’d better head back,” I say. I don’t want to leave, ever. I’m exactly where I want to be, my arms around him, my head resting on his chest, feeling his chest rise up and down against me, his arm around me, chin resting on my head.

“Mm” he sighs, and gets up, puts his glasses back on, and takes my hands with him I follow him towards the door.

We walk out, arms around each other, to find everyone gathered on the sofas, focused on Exploder.

"What's going on?" I ask, Cyanide looks up at us.

"Exploder's telling their story," she explains, I nod and sit on the arm of the sofa next to her and Poison, I decide to listen in, and Kobra wraps his arm around me as I sit. Exploder continued.

"Anyways..." he said. "BL/ind took our family from us. Murdered them, right in front of our faces." he closed his eyes, reliving the terror, and Atomic ran up to hug him. It was silent for a minute. I thought about it, my parents were taken by BL/ind to and without thinking, I tell everyone.

"BL/ind took my mum and dad away too..." I say, tears started in my eyes again, "I'll never forgive them," I well up, Kobra hugged me tight, my cries muffled by his jacket.

Cyanide begins to talk, I look up a little from Kobra's jacket,

"I don't even know where my parents went," she said, shuffling around. "I hated them. I left them before this all started and moved down here..." Cyanide and Poison glared at each other before she continued.

"I'm from Washington state originally," she explained to him. "I was tired of the shitty weather, my parents judgmental attitudes towards everything, and got up and went." she hung her head "I didn't even say goodbye..." I saw tears develop in her eyes and she fell into Poison's arms, he hugged her close, lightly rubbing her back.

"Shhhh...Cyanide, it's all right...you're here now, that's all that matters..." he whispered, kissing the top of her head before kissing her on the lips. Their lips entwined perfectly together, and they were in their own world. Fun Ghoul and Jet Star looked at each other, and Fun Ghoul winked, nudged him, leaving Poison and Cyanide to their business. I give a small smile and look up to Kobra who leans down to kiss me too.

I jump as the door is swung open, and saw Poison and Cyanide jump as well, Cyanide giggling with her head leaning back, her arms wrapped around Poison's neck. The dance class roller blader skates in, before stopping and realizing the sight before him.

“Ah…bad timing?” he asks, we all nod but with light smiles on our faces.

“Yeah…sorry about that,” he says as Dr. D wheels in behind him. Show Pony rolls forward and into the kitchen.

“Everything alright in here?” asks Dr. D, stopping at his little recording studio and stretching out his arms,

“Yeah, just a bit of story sharing, you know,” Jet Star pats Exploder on the back and walks back over to the table with Ghoul and they continue their game of cards.

I glance outside the window, it’s pitch black, I notice that Poison’s looking out there too.

“Getting late,” he sighs, “better sort out bed arrangements...” he looks down at Cyanide, smirking.

"I thought we already had..." Cyanide says, winking. Poison grins, and Cyanide gets off of his lap, pulls him up by the arm, and they walk hand in hand into Poison's room, the door slamming behind them.

"Oh my god, my brother is so stupid," Kobra says, slapping his forehead.