Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

The Past (Cyanide Suicide)

I walked down the hall, following Poison into his room, hands entwined, until he turned and walked into his room, and I stretched my arm out and swung the door closed, a little too hard and it slammed extremely loudly. I giggled, putting my hand over my mouth.

"Shit!" I said, still giggling, and Poison wrapped his arms around me, took my mask off the top of my head and threw it aside, and proceeded to plant his lips on mine, and we were right back where we left off before Show Pony interrupted for the second time. Poison swung me around, lifted me up, and threw me on my back on the bed, and crawled on top of me. I giggled as I felt his body on top of mine, pressed together. There was that fire again. His jacket squeaked against my vest as they rubbed together, and eventually he got annoyed with this, and leaned up, took his jacket off and threw it aside, now in just his black sleeveless shirt and dirty jeans. I looked at his arms; they were muscular, but not to the point where I could easily see muscles bulging out. I hated that. His body...it was perfect.

I wrapped my arms around him again as he fell back on top of me, his tongue moving around in my mouth, and I let him go further down than ever. I slid my hands down his waist, grabbing his ass, and he smiled slightly, still sucking my face off. He rolled us over, until we were on our sides, and we parted. I was giggling uncontrollably. He was about to go even further, biting my ear lightly, when I had to say something.

"Poison...POISON, NO! STOP!" I yelled, and he looked up at me, his bottom lip tucked in, his small teeth biting it.

"What?!" He asked.

"That's far enough, okay?" I said, pushing him off me. "Shit, you are insane." I sat back up straight, and he lied there on his side, elbow on the bed, head in his hand. He slapped my back, and I turned around, still smiling.

"Aw, come on!" He said, and I lied back down, facing him. Our noses touched, and I hugged him, pulling him close. I felt his breath on my face. Then I smirked.

"No." I said, kissing the tip of his nose. "That's enough for now, okay?" He nodded, disappointed, and we lied there, staring at each other, until he spoke again.

"Tell me about you," He said, kissing my lips lightly. I shook my head.

"You don't want to know about me," I said, and he scoffed.

"You're my fucking girlfriend, Cyanide, I NEED to know about you." He kissed me again, and I finally gave in.

"Fine." I said. "But my past...it's not an easy one, Poison..." I looked away from him for a second, and he lifted my head up with his thumb.

"All of ours are shit," He said, putting his forehead on mine. "Shoot." I nodded, taking a deep breath.

"Okay...here goes..." I started. "I'm from the Pacific Northwest, Washington state, where it was always cloudy, cold, and raining."

"Mmm..." He said, nuzzling my nose with his. "Rain."

"Yeah, and not this acid rain shit," I said. "Genuine rain water." I kissed him lightly, smiling. "Anyways, I come from a family who holds shit like education and work high...higher than normal." Poison nods, and I continue.

"And aside from that, they didn't understand me..." I played with the fringe on his shirt as I talked. He didn't seem to mind. "I was always the kid who was quiet, who wanted to be alone." He nodded.

"Same." he said, kissing me again.

"I was the kid who would rather stay at home, drawing shitty figures on paper, drinking soda and stuffing my face with pizza."

"Oh god I remember pizza..." he said, rolling on his back to look at the ceiling, hands on his stomach. "That shit was amazing." I laughed, and wrapped my arm around one of his and continued.

"Anyways, whenever I would hole myself up in my room, my mother would always complain that I was a hermit and that I needed to get out more. She wanted me to change who I was, to make HER happy." I shook my head. "I was like fuck that." He turned his head to mine, and kissed my forehead.

"GOOD." He said. "no one should change who they are to make other people happy." I threw my free hand up in the air.

"THANK YOU!" I yelled. "Someone who UNDERSTANDS!" I hugged his arm tighter. "Anyways, one day I got so fed up when she called me a shut in, I yelled at her, tears flowing, packed up and left that night when my parents were sleeping. Fuck them, I thought, I could do this on my own."

"So where did you go?"

"I hitchhiked all the way down here, to California, and settled in the area that is now Zone 5, working two jobs at a used music thrift store and an art supply shop, paying off college and rent, using up every paycheck as soon as I got it." He looked down at me.

"Wait, the art shop next to the In-N-Out burger, by the movie theatre?" He sat up, and so did I, confused.

"Yeah....?" I asked, and he slapped his forehead.

"THAT'S WHY YOU LOOK SO FAMILIAR!" He said, hugging me. "I've seen you before! You used to have brown hair, right?" I shifted my eyes.

"Yeah?"

"And always wore fingerless gloves and a black hoodie?"

"....yes?" I said. He screamed in excitement.

"I USED TO GO THERE EVERY OTHER WEEKEND!" He said. "I saw you there, working, one day, and couldn't get you out of my head!" I opened my mouth in amazement.

"Whoa, Poison, WHAT IS HAPPENING?!" I launched myself at him, and we kissed for a few minutes before he spoke again.

"We've met before, apparently!" He said, his arms wrapped around me, grinning. "I used to have black hair...Wore black sunglasses, always had coffee in hand, leather jacket...?" I squinted, trying to remember. It was so long ago...And when it hit me, I snapped my fingers.

"And you always bought a certain type of pen, because it filled in better than the rest?" He nodded happily, and kissed me again.

"OH MY GOD!" I exclaimed, putting my head on his chest. We lied there, remembering our encounters from the past, laughing our asses off.

"Oh my god, that one time you bought too many canvases and got stuck in the door on the way out?" I asked, laughing. He slapped his forehead.

"Oh god I felt like a fucking idiot!" he chuckled.

"Or that time when you had coffee, and I gave you your new markers, but you had so much to carry you knocked over your cup and it spilled everywhere?"

"Oh shit...I remember that...Again, I am so sorry for ruining your clothes..." I laughed, remembering the ugly-as-fuck shirt I was wearing that day.

"Honestly, the coffee stain made it better," I said. "Gave it some artistic flavor." He chuckled, and kissed my lips again, and he rolled me on my back and he lied on top of me, our lips in sync again, but this time it was more tender than violent, and I never wanted it to end.