Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

Advice Time. (Electric Joker)

I had just finished my last piece of bacon when Cyanide ran past us all, throwing on her jacket and running out the shack and round the back, face shining with tears, slamming the door behind her.

“She was crying…” I said, placing down my cutlery as quietly as I could. I looked back to the room, Poison…what happened in there?

“Excuse me” I said, I glanced a look a Kobra, nodding to the door of the shack, he got the idea and got up to go and see Cyanide. I power walked to the door, I was so fucking angry. If he’s hurt her…oh I will hurt him back ten times as hard. I knock four angry knocks on the door so he knows I’m pissed. The door opens and I invite myself, I look around for a second, the bed sheets are sprawled everywhere, I turn to him.

“What the fuck?!” I scream, he closes the door and turns to me.

“Look I-“

“If you’ve hurt her-“

“WHAT?! No, I...I didn’t!” he shouted, rubbing at his forehead.

“No, clearly!” I say, sarcastically.

“I don’t know what I did…” I look at him, he looks so worried. I’ve never seen him like this before. I spot tears in his eyes, concern all over his face.

“Then what happened?” I sighed, standing with one hand on my hip, a little bit calmer this time.

“Just listen…” he said, and I obey and sit on the bed tensely. He continues, a smile on his face.

“She said….she said that she loved me...” he sighed, now rubbing the back of his neck, pacing up and down the bedroom.

“And what did you say?” I asked him. "This is where relationships can take a turn, saying the three words."

“Nothing…she just walked out...” I think I sort of understood now.

“I think she was scared Poison, I think she thought that you wouldn’t say it back, that what she said was a mistake.” I’m now standing up; I have no idea when that happened.

“I was gonna say it back! Of course I was, I just…I was just shocked...” He hung his head and I walk over and stop him pacing by grabbing him by the shoulders.

“Well it’s no using us talking to her, is it?” I nod towards the back of the shack.

He nods, “Thank you, Joker, really," he said, smiling with his eyes. "I’m sorry I just-"

"It’s okay, men are useless.” I giggle, wiping at his tears, and he chuckles lightly. I hug him and we walk out to the living room.

“Everything alright?” asks Ghoul, I nod and take Poison by the hand, leading him out back.

I spot Cyanide and Kobra hugging, I think he’s calmed her down; he’s good at that.

“Wait here,” I say to Poison. He obeys and I walk through the back door.

“Hey guys,” I smile at Cyanide, she gives a weak teary smile back. “Poison wants to talk,” I glance at Kobra and he nods, giving Cyanide one last hug and getting up, walking back towards the shack with me.

As I walk in, I nod at Poison for him to go in.