Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

Begging for Forgiveness (Cyanide Suicide)

I ran out of Poison's room, bawling, throwing on my vest as I ran, not looking at the others staring at me with concern, and ran out back, slamming the door behind me. I got down on my knees and just sat there, wailing.

HOW could I have been so stupid? Love? We met fucking three days ago. This wasn't love. It was lust, desperation. Love didn't exist in these times; Well, maybe for Kobra and Joker. But me and Poison...it was a physical relationship and nothing more than that...

I looked up, hearing the door creak open, and I stood up, wiping my eyes. Kobra came walking towards me, and put his hands at his sides and looked at the ground, awkward knees and all, trying to find the words to say. I put my hands in my back pockets and walked over to him, and he brought me into an embrace; nothing romantic, just friendly. I looked up at him.

"I'm an idiot," I sobbed, and he shook his head.

"No....no, you're not...." he said, rubbing my back.

"I am, though, really," I said. "Every fucking time something is perfect, I mess it up. I'm a failure." The tears formed again, and I felt them running down my face. I took his glove and wiped my face clean with his thumb and put both hands on my shoulders and pushed me away, looking at me through his glasses.

"Look," he said. "You are NOT a failure, okay?" I nodded. "Now tell me what happened." I talked with my head on his chest.

"Poison and I were....you know...."

"You were what?"

"You know."

"You were sleeping?"

"Mikey, dear Jesus," I said, looking up at him. "Take a hint!"

".............................oh."

"Yeah. Anyways," I continued. "When everything was getting hot and heavy, I fucked up." He looked at me, eyebrows raised.

"I told him I loved him."

"Is that bad?"

"It is when he says nothing back right away...."

"Oh..."

"Yeah...."

It was silent for a few minutes as he held me in his arms, then spoke again.

"I think you should talk to him," he said, and I nodded.

"I know....it's going to be awkward though."

"Awkward or not, it has to be done." I saw his corner hint at a smile, and that made me smile.

"Thanks, Mikey," I said, going on my toes to kiss his cheek lightly, and turned around to see Joker walking out of the door.

"Hey, guys," she said smiling at me I wiped my eyes and smiling slightly. “Poison wants to talk." she signals to Kobra, who nods, giving me one last hug before walking back into the shack with Joker. Poison emerges, and I look at the ground again.

"Baby..." he said, walking towards me, and wraps his arms around me. Immediately the tears flow, and he hugs me tighter.

"P-P-Poison...."

"I'm here, babe," he said, kissing my forehead.

"I was stupid," I said, and he shook his head.

"No....no you're not, Cy!" I shook my head.

"I am, though! I met you like three days ago, and now I'm in love?" I look at him. "That's impossible..." He smiles at me.

"Babe...you didn't give me a chance to respond," He said, and I cocked my head.

"What?"

"You ran out before I could say anything, Cy..." he said, putting his chin on my shoulder. He turned his head to my ear, and his hair tickled.

"I love you too, Danae." He whispered, and I cried even harder. He stood straight again and planted one right on my lips, and I took it gladly. Pretty soon everything had gone away, in the past, and we forgave each other. He picked me up, still kissing me, and walked me back into the living room, down the hall and back into his room.