Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

Turning in For the Night (Electronic Joker)

I’ve analyzed the streets, the shops, everything. Still no sign of them. It’s getting late, the suns setting in the methane skies. I cough violently, they’ve dosed up the air again. Kobra shakes my hand.

“You okay?” I look up to him, he looks worried and tired. I nod and pull my bandana up. We haven’t let go of each others hands since leaving the shack, which we must be so far away from now.

“We’ve lost them…” I sigh, I feel liked I failed them, failed everyone.

“Hey, don’t think like that...." he said, squeezing my hand. "Look, I’ve got a walkie talkie which we’ll use to tell the guys we’re gonna stay in some sort of motel for the night. It’s late and we’re too far away from the shack. We'll keep looking when the sun's back up, okay?”

I nod, but what motel? We seem so far away from anything. We walk for another ten minutes, still hand in hand, still looking for the missing Killjoys. They could be anywhere...what if the Dracs got them?

I’m distracted from my train of thought when I feel Kobra nudge me lightly in the ribs and point towards a motel to our left, it’s shabby and old, with the “o” missing and only three letters lit up, but it’s open and will have to do. He leads me towards it but I’m hesitant. He realises and turns to me.

“We’ll find them.” He says reassuringly. I nod as he pulls down my bandana and kisses me, just like out first kiss.

Now obeying I follow him to the scruffy motel, we walk in through the painfully creaky doors, I spot a man leaning on his hand against the table, middle aged, rather chubby with black scruffy hair and a worn out uniform. Kobra leads me up to the desk, and he spots us and jumps,

“C-Customers!” he shouts, he’s got a high pitched camp voice. He runs from behind the desk, “Can I take your coats? Would you like a drink? Anything you want! Oh! We haven’t had a customer for months!” he runs around us, smiling.

“Uh no thanks.” Chuckles Kobra, “we’ll just take a room, please” he smiles at the man and produces some credits from his pocket, but I stop his hand.

“I’ll pay.” I grin, he shakes his head.

“I got this, babe,” I giggle at ‘babe’, no one’s ever called me that before.

“No, come on, Kobra, I insist.....” I smile warmly at him, and he obeys and puts the credits back, I kiss him on the cheek and produce my own credits and hand them to the man.

“A couple?” he asks, grinning. We both nod in unison, “how very…rare…” he shakes his head, and all of a sudden claps his hands twice, me and Kobra jump a little.

“MINA!” he yells, and a small girl comes running out from a door behind the desk, she has long brown hair, and looks about seven or eight, way to young to be working, but I guess not in these days she isn’t.

“Lead these young lovers to their room.” He turns and grins a cheesy grin at us.

“No, it’s fine, we’ll find it...” Kobra says, smiling down at the little girl, going on his knees and offering his hand to take the key to our room from her. She looks pleadingly up to the chubby man, who looks unsure at first but then nods and walks back to the desk.

Mina hands the key over to Kobra, he then smiles at her again and ruffles her hair lightly, she giggles and runs back to through the door. I sigh with joy at the beautiful scene; he’s so amazing with little kids. He gets back up off of his knees.

“Shall we?” he asks, smirking. I nod as he leads me up the stairs, we get to the door and Kobra has to use quite a bit of force to get the sturdy door open; he kicks it and the door flings open, sending a wave of dust at us as it does. We cough and wave our hands about, trying to rid of the dust. It finally clears, and I look around the room. It’s not as bad as I thought it would be: there’s a bed, that’s a start, a dressing table with a pool cue replacing the leg, some painfully boring wallpaper, a window and that’s about it.

I shrug and follow Kobra into the room, I let go of his hand and slump onto the bed, straight away removing my boots from my aching feet, moaning in relief. Kobra chuckles at this and then produces a walkie talkie from his pocket. He sits at the table and proceeds to try and contact the guys.

“This is Kobra Kid, come in Fun Ghoul, I repeat this is Kobra Kid.” There’s no answer for a while, but then a screech.

“Kobra Kid! Thank fuck, man! We were worried sick!” It’s Fun Ghoul, finally. “you guys doin' alright?” he continues.

“Yeah...no luck in finding the siblings," He said, running his hand through his hair, like his brother does. "we’ve checked into a motel, we’re gonna keep looking tomorrow. It’s no use carrying on now, we’ll only get ambushed again. I just pray to god they’re alright.”

“Yeah, me too man, me too. Well uh…have a fun night, kiddo.” I can just feel him smirking over the other side. Kobra looks confused, taking the walkie talkie and stretching it out in front of his face, looking at it, then bringing it back to his mouth, eyebrows in concentration.

“Uh…you too?” Ghoul bursts out laughing on the other side of the line, as do I, I fall back onto the bed.

“Alright, sucker.” Ghoul giggles. "G'night, to the both of you and, uh...be safe."

"From what?" Kobra asked, and I scoff. Really?

“Night Ghoul!” I shout over to the speaker. Kobra switches it off, still looking confused.

“You guys are weird.” He chuckles, unzipping his jacket. I get up off the bed and slowly walk up to him, stopping his hands,

“Why don’t you let me do that?” I ask, smirking hopefully. He smirks back and puts his hands down, holy shit I think he actually gets it, I feel like fucking clapping for him.

I slowly unzip his jacket, not taking my eyes off of him. I pull it off of him and throw it on the floor, and then take his glasses off as well, tossing them on the table. He decides to do the same to me, unzipping my jacket slowly, slower than I did.

“You fucking tease…” I whisper, giggling. He giggles back and finally throws mine on the floor too and before I know it, our lips have collided.

Our bodies pressed tightly together, and I draw his head further in, tongues exploring each others mouths. I reach under his shirt, tickling his waist, I pull it up and he pulls away slightly.

“I thought we were taking this slow?” he asks, holding my hands.

“Fuck slow.” I grin, he consults for a moment, then smirks, letting me get back to what I was doing, he kisses me again and we’re back to where we were, I pull his shirt over his head and he doesn’t resist, I pull away for a second to observe his body, sleek, not to muscular, beautiful and perfect.

Our lips collide again and I feel him urging me towards the bed, I obey and fall back, his body follows and he’s pressed on top of me, kissing my neck.

I tilt my head back and moan slightly, feeling his teeth dragging along my neck I can’t help but do so.

He starts on my belt, kissing my lips again, I want to take over somehow but I know I wouldn’t have a clue on what to do so I let him continue, closing my eyes.