Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

This Shit Needs Sorting (Electronic Joker)

I watch the scene before me; Gerard and Danae arguing. I hate watching people argue, especially people I care about, so I shuffle about awkwardly, I sort of already figured out what had happened, and pick up my coffee from the table, quietly sipping it as Cyanide sits next to me.

“You didn’t…” I sigh; she puts her head in her hands.

“I did.”

I stare down at my coffee, swishing it about before I continue, “That’s not helping…”

“YOU THINK I DIDN’T KNOW THAT?” She shouts right in my face, my jaw almost hits the ground and I lose grip on my coffee.

“Shit, I didn’t-” I had no idea what to say to that, I was shocked and hurt. I shook my head and got up, kicking my cup to the side in anger and sadness and stormed off to my room, slamming the door behind me.

I slumped down onto the bed, her words ringing around in my ears. I wiped at the tears that had in my eyes. I then jump suddenly from hearing loud knocks and muffled shouts from Gerard’s room and from his door.

I then bolt up from the bed as two knocks are placed on my door.

“…Lauren…it’s me….” Kobras voice instantly calms me down and get up off the bed, wiping at the remaining tears and opening the door. Greeted by a smile, I smile back.

“You okay?” he asks, walking towards me, taking my hands from my face.

I nod, “Yeah…you know…drama...” I roll my eyes.

“I heard her shout at you…she didn’t mean it.." I nod.

“I know she didn’t, she’s upset. I shouldn’t have reacted like that.” I shake my head at myself, Kobra lifts up my chin.

“Hey, don’t you dare blame yourself. This is no one’s fault okay?” He leans in and kiss me lightly, we both jump as we hear a load thump, something falls to the ground and voices begin to raise.

“What the fuck though man? Why? Why did you kiss her, AGAIN?” I can tell that it’s Gerard.

“Look…I said I was sorry…” another voice sounds, which can only be Frank's.

“That is not fucking good enough!”

“Will you just shut the fuck up and listen?! Sit down Gerard…SIT!”

I sit on the bed, biting my nails; Kobra walks over to me and squeezes my hand and then tries to distract himself from the argument by sorting through some of his comic books, checking that they’re all in alphabetical order. He loves comic books…be any more perfect Mikey? Before I daze off I turn back to the argument.

“Look, I’m just as fucking confused as you are.” Frank continues. “but if we’re gonna sort this out, we need Cyanide. We need to sit the fuck down, and talk. Alright?”

There’s silence for a second, which can only mean Gerard nodded in agreement, because I hear doors opening and closing and foot steps fading away.

“I hope they sort this out…” I sigh, and I try and take my mind off of it by focusing on Kobra's comics. I kneel next to him and the comic, gazing at them. I used to read them all the time, I haven’t picked one up in years.

“You like comic books?” he asks, smiling up at me from the comics. I nod enthusiastically.

“Can I?” I ask, pointing to a Star Wars one, one of my favourites. He nods and hands me it; we sit and talk for a while, about comics, of course. Discussing our favourites and our least favourites, swapping opinions on storylines, superheroes, laughing over some of the best jokes, laughing even more at some of the failed ones. This man…he’s so fucking perfect.

As I engross myself into the Star Wars comic, I start to think about what’s going on in the other room, I really want to talk to Cy…but we need to let them sort this out first.