Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

Uncomplicated It Is. (Electronic Joker)

“Okay, we need some sort of plan…” I say, my head hanging out the window, wind sprinting through my curls. “I mean, we can’t just go marching in there like it’s no one’s business…”

“Can’t we?” Kobra smirks at me, I bring my head from the window and straighten my wind blown hair.

“Well no because that’s just utterly…” I trail off, consulting for a second. “…brilliant.” I smirk and squeeze his hand which hasn’t detached itself from mine since we left. I turn to Jet Star, “What do you think?” he sits up a little more, straightening his eye patch.

“Sounds good, they won’t be expecting it.....they’ll think we’d have some sort of complicated plan like last time.” I nod and turn back to Kobra,

“Uncomplicated it is then.” I smile at him and I see the corner of his mouth lift, but not taking his eyes off of the road ahead of him.

I lean out of the window again, closing my eyes slightly, when I’m suddenly distracted as I spot something familiar on the ground, I tap Kobra frantically on the shoulder,

“Pull over for sec, I think I saw something.”

He obeys, drives to the side of the road and pulls to a halt, I straight away open my door and throw myself out, running back to the familiar object, I lift it up.

“Atomic…” It’s her bandana, white with faded pink spots. I hear foot steps near me from behind as Kobra arrives at my side,

“Is that…” I interrupt him with a nod. “….we’re going in the right direction then.” He takes my hand and I grip the bandana in my other hand, then place it in the pocket of my jacket. “Come on.” He pulls on my hand and I obey, following him back to the car, he does the same as before, opening the door for me then placing himself in the drivers seat, starting the car and we drive off again.

“Where’s Exploder in all of this?” asks Ray, leaning forward to look at Kobra, who then shrugs.

“Don’t know,” he begins, turning his head slightly but keeping his eyes fixed on the road, “couldn’t find him when we left.”

“I hope he’s not too pissed that we left him.” I sigh, leaning my arm against the hard plastic below the window.

“Well if we return with Atomic…no scratch that, when we return with Atomic, hopefully he’ll forgive us.” He squeezed my hand lightly and I nod in agreement. I turn my gaze back out the window as we pass a sign saying ‘Welcome To Battery City.” I chuckle,

“Welcome to hell.” I joke, I hear Kobra and Jet Star chuckle lightly too. I wince slightly as we near the HQ, so near to it. We pull over and get out of the car, closing our doors in unison.

“Holy shit this is crazy.” I chuckle, taking my gun out of my holster and pulling back on it. I see the others do the same,

“That’s just how we roll baby.” Smirks Jet Star, winking at me and walking in front, leading the pack. Kobra chuckles and takes my hand and we walk behind him towards the doors on HQ, where there lay our fellow Killjoy, many Dracs who are ordered to kill us, and the one man who wants to kill us.

We march towards the doors of HQ, our feet landing on the dusty floors in sync. As we reach them Kobra squeezes my hand quickly before letting go and running ahead of us all through the doors, they both run through, shooting as they go, setting off the many alarms. I hang back for a second as Dracs pour out from white cars and vans behind me, I aim my gun and fire, shooting every single one I intend too, then run inside the building.

The two are shooting the Dracs that come out to them through every possible door, I see a free door and glance over to Kobra, who turns his head from his target and nods towards the free door I spotted. He wants me to go and look for her.

I obey, but before I can Kobra has chucked me the walkie talkie, I catch it and proceed running through the free door.

I spot Dracs at the end of the corridor and hide behind a vending machine as the run past me, I hold my breath until they pass and continue my search for Atomic. Just as I get to the end of the corridor, I’m greeted by another group of Dracs who have this time, spotted me.

I panic and shoot a few off the front row, and look around for anything that can help, I then glance at the ceiling and spot a vent. I grin and pull a tall plant pot from the side of the corridor and climb on top of it. I hit the hatch twice before it breaks open and haul myself up into the vents, just in time.

I sarcastically wave at the Dracs beneath me and near get shot by one of the Dracs. I decide to go left because I can smell it, the gas. I follow it. I travel down further for around three minutes before I find another hatch in the vents and peer through it, not expecting what I was about to see.

I spot Exploder and Atomic.

Atomic is clamped to a chair and Exploder is pacing around her, I can’t hear what he’s saying but he’s shouting and every few seconds, ordering a Drac to slap her.

I stare in shock for a second, that little bastard. He works for BL/ind. Which can only mean one thing, that this is a trap. He was a spy, and he knew where we were hiding; we had been tricked, played, fooled.........he had to be exterminated.

I scramble for the walkie talkie and just about manage to talk into it.

“Shit Frank, Gerard fucking anyone, get the fuck down here right now. We’re at BL/ind, shits gone wrong. Just…just get down here please.”