Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

The Ghost Of You (Cyanide Suicide)

I followed Gerard, Frank in his arms, and walked side by side with Mikey, and slowly turned to look behind me as we walked. I was still holding Gerard's Cat mask, and it was making my hand sweat slightly as I grasped it.

"I hope those two are going to be fine," I said, worried. Mikey patted my shoulder, reassuringly, and didn't say anything. Eventually the three of us made it back to the hatch door, and Gerard banged on it.

"PONY!" he yelled. "Open up." We heard the door unlock, and it swung open slowly, and there was Pony, leaning on the wall. Immediately, he saw Frank and I saw his face drop.

"Motherfucker..." He said, and Gerard walked past him, not saying anything. I looked at Mikey, who shrugged, and held my shoulder as we walked back up the empty tunnel to the car. Pony shook his legs, and stretched.

"I'm just gonna go on foot back, if that's okay," he said, still sounding worried and concerned. I nodded, and Gerard lied Frank in the back seat, kissing his forehead before straightening up. He took his helmet from me, and nodded at Pony.

"Fuck, be careful," he said. "We don't need any more casualties..." I winced; Gerard believed Frank was for sure dead now. Had Frank stopped breathing in his arms? Did his heart stop beating? Was he really dead? I had no idea; the only thing I could to was sit with Frank in the back, watching over him, praying he was still alive.

I walked around the car, got into the back seat, and basically lied next to Frank's body, just watching him. I heard Mikey and Gerard talking in the front seat, but I didn't focus on it at all. I was too worried about Frank to care about anything else...

I looked at his motionless face; even in this state, he had a hint of a smile, the corners of his mouth raised slightly, and his eyes were closed, as if he were just sleeping. I reached around and grabbed his hand in mine, and squeezed, hoping a touch or something would make a difference, but it didn't. He still sat there, barely breathing and unconscious. I felt the tears start up again, and I rested my head on his chest, and just sat there, wishing and hoping he was not really dead.
_______________________________________________________________________
We got back to the hideout just as the sun was coming back up, and Mikey walked into the shack, stretching. He looked concerned, and I didn't blame him; Lauren and Ray hadn't come bacj yet, and neither had Pony, which was odd. I watched Gerard pick up Frank and carry him inside. I followed him into Frank's room, which was decorated with a million posters of old, forgotten bands, like The Strokes, Misfits, and others. I actually saw a real life GUITAR in the corner, in a case. It read PANSY on the front of it. Gerard set him on him bed, and I helped him take the Scarecrow suit off, and we both sat there, waiting for him to wake up. We didn't even talk to each other; he was thinking of what he was going to do without Frank, probably, and I was trying to figure out how to break to the news to him that I had chosen...

After two hours of no response, Gerard shook his head and got up and left, probably to go make some coffee. I watched him leave, then walked over, closed the door, and lied next to Frank, crying.

"Frank...Frank, please, wake up baby..." I said, moving his hair off of his face. "Frank..." I leaned to talk into his ear.

"Frank, I choose you...I love you, Frank..." I paused, wiping my eyes of tears, and started singing to him, crying as I sang.

"And without you...this is how I disappear...and live my life alone, forever now....." I sang into his ear, hoping for a response, I sang the entire song, right into his ear, but he didn't respond. I sniffled, and tried a different song.

"I never, said I'd lie and wait forever..." I kissed him on the lips, crying heavily. "If I'd known, we'd be together I'll..." I kissed him again, holding onto his hand, and I swear I felt his finger move. I jumped from the movement, and leaned on top of him.

"Frank....Frank, baby, wake up...I know you're awake, baby, please...." I leaned forward, and killed him on the lips again, and this time his mouth moved with mine, slightly. I stopped, and sat up.

"GERARD! GET IN HERE! MIKEY!" I yelled. I heard a coffee cup fall and smash, and Gerard's quick footsteps approaching. He entered the room, looking shocked.

"What?" he asked, desperately, eyes wide. I looked at Frank.

"Well, I sang him a part of a song...and his hand twitched..." Gerard's mouth opened. "And then I kissed him, and felt his mouth move..."

Gerard walked over, sat on the other side of Frank, and shook him lightly.

"Hang in there, buddy..." He said, putting his hair behind his ear. "Frank, everything's gonna be okay..." I looked at Gerard.

"Maybe if we both sang to him...." I offered, and Gerard nodded. And like we were thinking the same thing, we started singing the exact same lyrics.

"At the end of the world, or the last thing I see," We sang, smiling at each other. "Well I'm never coming home, never coming home...." This seemed to work, because, miraculously, we faintly heard Frank singing back.

"Could I? Should I?." He sang, coughing. It was faint, but he was definitely singing. I looked at Gerard, and we were both crying.

"If I fall...." Frank continued in his sleep. "If I fall...........down." I bent down, and kissed him hard on the lips again, tasting my tears, and leaned back, amazed at what I was looking at. Frank slowly blinked, and I saw his brown puppy dog eyes open finally.

"FRANK!" I cried out, and wrapped my arms around him, not letting go anytime soon. Gerard smiled, and I saw tears run down his face.

"Buddy..." He said, rubbing the top of his head. "Good to see you back with us...you scared us, man..." He smiled, and kissed Frank's forehead, and got up to leave to tell Mikey the news, wiping his eyes. I turned to Frank again, smiling, so happy that he was still alive. I kissed him again, and he winced, and held his stomach.

"Shit, what did I do?" I asked, concerned.

"It's not you, babe," He said hoarsely. "Damn, what happened...?" He poked his wound.

"No, stop Frank, Jesus!" I said, slapping his hand away. "You almost died..." He just giggled. He almost DIED, and he was laughing.

"Fuck, I hurt myself every day, Cy, how is this any different?" He managed a smile, and I shook my head, kissing him again, talking as I did so.

"Frank...I was so worried, I--"

"Babe, stop...I'm fine..."

"Fine?" I said, leaning back and narrowing my eyes at him. "You have a motherfucking hole in your stomach." He looked down.

"Oh, that?" He chucked, then coughed. "Nah, that's nothing--" I laughed, cutting him off with another kiss, and I curled up next to him on his bed, holding his hand in both of mine, resting my head on his chest and feeling his hand rubbing the back of it. I cried tears of happiness now; my boyfriend was alive, and making jokes, of all things. I never wanted to leave this place until he was completely healed up. Until then, I will stay put, tending his wounds, and worry about breaking Gerard's heart later.