Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

They Gave Us Two Shots to the Back Of the Head (Electronic Joker)

“Fuck, there’s too many, Ray.” I say, running ahead of him slightly, firing at every Drac I can and luckily take down everyone I intend too before they get to me.

“We need to split,” he begins, kicking a Drac in the stomach which sends in flying back, knocking over a few behind it as it falls. I turn to him looking at him in confusion, “that way we’ll be separating them, when separated they’ll be weaker and easier to take out. Dracs work in packs, you see, they’re not used to being separated.” I nod in agreement, not taking my eyes off of the oncoming storm ahead of us.

“Which way you going?” I ask, pulling my bandana down, it’s distracting me.

“Alright, I go left into this tunnel, you go right. The tunnels should meet in the middle somewhere, it’s what Frank said anyway.”

“We really gonna go on what Frank said after today?” I ask, chuckling slightly, punching a Drac in the jaw and taking him out with two shots to the back of the head.

“It’s the only way we can take them all out…” I nod lightly in agreement.

“Alright…”

“You ready?”

I nod, cocking my gun.

“Go!” Ray runs to the left and down the tunnel, half of the Dracs run down after him, I watch for second but then run the opposite direction, the other half of Dracs chasing me down it. I run down as fast as I can, shooting behind me frequently as I do.

I get to the end of the tunnel, but there’s no other tunnel. Just a dead end.

“FUCK!” I scream, kicking the wall in front of me, I turn to see the remaining Dracs, standing in front of me, laughing to each other.

“Oh, look who it is boys!” one chuckles, putting his gun back in his holster. “It’s the little brat I caught…what is it? Electric Joker?”

“ELECTRONIC JOKER!” I shout, my gun aimed at his head. It’s the Drac who caught me a few days ago, the one who tried to force feed me.

“How did you escape then?” he stands, hands on hips. “Guess it doesn’t matter now, cause you’re about to go right back where you were, and this time, you’re not gonna leave.”

“RAY!” I scream, trying to look over them, jumping slightly.

The Dracs laugh even harder, I panic and look around for some sort of escape route. Then I spot it, the tiniest hole in one of the walls but big enough for me to get through, just.

I need to distract them for two seconds, just two in order to be able to get through it. They’re dumb-shits anyway, this shouldn’t be hard.

I put on my best scared face and point frantically behind them, jumping up and down, “HOLY SHIT IT’S KORSE!”

The Dracs all look at me in confusion, then in sync, turn there head to where I was pointing. Fuckers.

I grin and run towards the hole, squeezing myself through it, I worry I’m stuck for a second, as the Dracs spot me escaping, I shoot at a few but then slide through the hole.

I sit against it, it’s dark, I can see fuck at all. I look around for something to block the whole with, scraping my hands across the cold floor for anything of use, but I find nothing.

“Shit…” I have to run.

Just as I get up, a hand grabs my arm from the hole and tries to pull me out of it, I struggle against it, pulling away from it as hard as I possibly can, before I even consult to my gun, I reach my head round and I bite his finger, hearing him shriek from the other side, he lets go.

Although I can see nothing, I have to find my way. I get up quickly, a little too quickly because I hit a wall, almost falling back down. I turn the opposite direction, my arms stretched out in front of me just in case I encounter another wall, without Ray and without a fucking clue where I’m going.