Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

Captured (Electronic Joker)

“Holy shit, how many did you invite for diner Mikey?” Jet Star said as he raised his gun and aimed it in the middle of the crowd of Draculoids, who were now mere meters from us.

“Shit…I-I’m sorry I just-…fuck.” Kobra’s head slowly dropped and so almost did his gun. I edge closer towards him, still aiming my gun towards the stampede of white and nudge him in the side with my elbow, his head shoots up and focuses on mine, I try to read his eyes through his aviators and all I can think to do is smile and it widens when I see the corner of his mouth raising when the first shot is fired from Cyanide’s gun.

Soon enough I realize that my gun has begun shooting too, I run across the sand of the clearing, shooting down as many Dracs as I can. The sounds are deafening, just plain war sounds like earlier on today. I try not to focus on nothing but the sound of my own gunfire as a Drac runs towards me, getting too close for me to fire at. I have no clue how to do combat, but I do watch television.

I give the Dracs a powerful left hook to the jaw, shocked by my actions, pull back on my gun and shoot it in the head, my foot placed triumphantly on it’s chest as I do so.

I pause for a second and observe my surroundings. I see that Poison and Cyanide are back to back, taking down every Drac they intend too. I spot Jet Star and Fun Ghoul, bare fist fighting five Dracs at a time, my train of thought is interrupted when I hear a scream of my name.

“Joker! Watch your back!” I turn and come face to face with a bright white BL/ind logo riddled gun, I can see right down the smoky hole. I’m about to curse when a long hand reaches out from behind the gun, turns me around with such force that I almost fall over. My arms were grabbed tightly, forced together behind my back, and the gun was placed on temple. The heat of the barrel burned my skin. I winced in pain.

“You better fucking let go of me right NOW!” I scream at the white face behind me, straining my neck so much it hurts.

Kobra runs over to us, his gun aimed at the Dracs head.

“Let her go, and we’ll leave.” he says as he slowly puts his gun in his holster. Shortly after, we’re joined by Cyanide, who had spotted the trouble She poises her gun at the Dracs head.

“Let her go now!” She shouts in anger. Luckily Poison runs over and lightly touches her on her shoulder, and she slowly lowers the gun, knowing she has no right to fire, but still not breaking her gaze on the Drac.

I glance behind them and see Jet Star who is constantly glancing over while in combat with a Drac, his face growing ever more concerned. He takes down the Drac and runs towards me;Kobra stops him before he can get any further towards me with an outstretched arm. I can still see that Cyanide’s eyes are still firmly fixed on the Drac, narrowed. Muffled chuckles spill out from the mask.

“What are ya gonna do, little girl?” he says as he backs away from my fellow Killjoys. I struggle at his grip and just a I slip my arm from his restrain. I am pulled around by three other Dracs and patted violently as they remove my weapons. They chuck my gun across the sand, it leaves a trail of dust in it’s wake. Kobra automatically runs to pick them up and the pen knife that shortly follows. He looks at me with a face I cannot read as I am shoved into a bright white car and then my eyes are covered and I see nothing but black.