Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

Getting to Know Frank (Cyanide Suicide)

I cuddled next to the injured Frank, making out softly, until we heard the front door slam open, followed by frantic shouts that sounded like Ray.

"I'll be right back, babe," I said, crawling over him, hearing him groan as I did so, and ran out into the living room to see Ray, pacing around the room, hands on his head, and Gerard trying to calm him down. Mikey had been reading up on the BL/ind newspaper, but threw it up in surprise as Ray bursted into the shack.

"I don't know what happened..." Ray said. "There were so many Dracs, me and Joker split up, and the next thing I knew I heard her screaming from the tunnels." Gerard patted his back.

"Ray, calm down!" He said, and Ray nodded, taking a deep breath.

"We split up thinking the tunnels broke off and rejoined, but I fucking sent Joker into a dead end." I blinked.

"What did you just say?" I asked, shocked. Joker wasn't here, so that means...

"Joker's out there all by herself." Mikey said, standing up. "We have to go get her. NOW." Gerard nodded, and looked at me.

"Cy, take care of Frank," he said. "We'll be back." He blinked. "Hopefully..."

"You will, I promise," I said, patting him on the shoulder. He smiled and kissed me, but I didn't feel anything.

"You taste like Frank..." He said, and I blushed, then he nodded, looking crushed, like he figured it all out by himself.

"I understand..." He said, turning to leave.

"Gerard, no--"

"Let's go, you guys," he waved to the others, and they followed him out the door. I heard the car start and drive off, and I slammed my fist on the beam in the middle of the room, and put my head on it.

"Damn," I said, and walked back into Frank's room, crawling back into his arms, and put my head on his shoulder, sighing.

"Joker's out there all alone," I said to him. He coughed.

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah...Ray and her split up, and he lost her." I looked at him. "I'm SCARED, Frank..." He rubbed the top of my head, reassuring me, and then kissed it.

"Everything will be okay," he said. "Believe." I nodded.

"Do you need anything?" I asked him, changing the topic. "Food, drink?"

"Sex."

"Frank, no........"

"Kidding, kidding...." he laughed, hugging my head to his chest. "I'm funny, remember?" I looked up at him, and smiled.

"You know," I said. "I've been meaning to ask you...where did you come from? What's your story?" I sat up and sat cross legged, facing him, my hands in his.

"Cy, that's a LONG story, and--"

"What the fuck are we going to do right now?" I asked. "We can't go anywhere." He scoffed, and stuck his tongue out at me.

"Fine...." he said, and began his life's story.

"I was always that kid that nobody liked," he said. "I never understood why. I was nice, I never started fights, nothing of the sort." he paused, and I smiled, making him continue.

"I took karate lessons as a kid, though. One time someone wanted to fight me and I said 'no, I only fight for freedom.'" he looked at me, then chuckled, lowering his head. "I got my ass kicked."

"That's good though, that you weren't like that, Frank."

"I know," he laughed. "But I am rebellious. Always have been. When I was a kid, I would always sneak out of th house at night and go to gigs downtown." He looked over at his old guitar.

"Music is my life, Cy. It's what keeps me alive," he said. "I lived looking up to my grandfather, who was a musician. And so was my dad. He pointed at his scorpion tattoo.

"You see this? I got this one the day I decided I didn't want to do some pathetic fucking job for the rest of my life." I leaned forward, and kissed the scorpion, then motioned for him to continue.

"I just don't know where I would be without music, my guitar..." he said nodding over to the guitar in the case. "Pansy's my girl. She was my favorite." and I nodded.

"She's beautiful..." I said.

"Anyways, I grew up in Jersey with Gerard, Ray, and Mikey." I was stunned.

"NO WAY."

"Yep, all the way in Belleville..." He shook his head and showed my his anchor tattoo on his arm. "This is a reminder for me that home is always there for me when I need it. I am always going to be anchored to Jersey..." He showed me his inner lip, and I saw a NJ on the inside, and I was just astonished by Frank right now.

"So each of your tattoos has a story and meaning behind it..." I said in admiration. He nodded.

"I don't get them unless I have to."

"You're like a walking book." He laughed.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that."

"What about the pumpkin on your back, KEEP THE FAITH, your HALLOWEEN on your knuckles, BOOKWORM, the birds, Black Flag logo, the Lady of Sorrow, everything else..." I trailed off.

"Whoa, slow down turbo!" he said. I laughed.

"Okay, pumpkin first."

"My birthday's on Halloween."

"Awesome!"

"I know right!" he laughed, and looked at his knuckles. I took them down from in front of his face, slowly, and smiled, and leaned in and kissed him on the mouth, tenderly, and put my arms around his neck, dragging him closer to me. I felt him smile as I did this, and we started making out, but not violently; more passionately than anything. He put his hands on my waist, and pulled back.

"So Gerard knows?" I nodded.

"I think he knows..."

"Aw, man he is going to hate me..." He looked up.

"Me too." I said. "We'll be hated together." I smiled, kissed his cheek, and nuzzled into his chest, and eventually fell asleep in his arms