Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

Everybody Hide Your Body From The SCARECROW (Electronic Joker)

“Fuck…fuck…fuck…fuck…” I kept repeating, walking forward as carefully as I can, arms outstretched, tripping over almost every second.

Eventually, I trip over completely, but I don’t trip over a rock. I hear a loud rising sound, as if something’s turning on, which is exactly what it’s doing. I’ve tripped over some sort of switch, turning it on. A light begins to brighten, and I see what I’ve been walking through for the past half an hour.

I look around; I was standing right in the middle of a corridor, ladled with sleeping containers, all occupied with SCARECROWS.

“Holy fuck…” I breathe, wiping my forehead of sweat. I jump as a loud squeak occurs behind me, I turn, only to see that the door of a container is opening, only a few containers away from me. Then the one next to it begins to open too, and the next, and the next.

I work out why the Dracs didn’t follow me through the hole; they went to activate the SCARECROWS.

In no time the doors were opening closer and closer to me, the first SCARECROW had already stepped out and was loading his gun.

“Shit…” I turn and run down the corridor, now being able to see I could do so. The doors opening closer to me as I run further down the corridor, no clue where I’m heading, just running.

I fire a few shots behind me, running out of breath with every step I take. I look up at the ceiling ahead of me, skimming my eyes until I come to what I was looking for, a vent hatch, perfect for escaping.

Before I stop, I shriek as a sharp pain engulfs my thigh, and I know I’ve been hit. I fall to the ground, choking in the dust that sweeps over me as I do, clutching my burning thigh.

I have to get up, I look up, still coughing violently to see a SCARECROW with a gun aimed at my head, I just about reach for my gun in time to shoot him before he finishes me off.

“G-get up…GET UP!” I shout at myself, hauling myself up onto one of the containers in order to reach the hatch, my thigh worsening but I continue.

My wounded leg’s still dangling off and is grabbed by a SCARECROW, I wince and almost loose my grip on the container.

“Fuck off!” I scream, trying to kick it off but the pain is too much, I reach for my gun and shoot it’s arm, it’s just enough to kick it off and I haul my entire body up, on to the container and break the hatch above me with ease, pulling myself and my injured leg up, with time to spare to escape.

I shoot down the hatch a couple more times and turn.

“Ouch!” I shout, gripping at my forehead which has just collided with something, no…someone! I look up, only to come face to face with Mikey, who’s also rubbing his forehead.

“Thank fuck!” I shout, throwing my arms around him as much as I can in this tight place.

“Oh my god.” He sighs, gripping me tightly, “I thought I’d fucking lost you…”

I look up at him and notice that we’re both crying,

“I’m never fucking letting you out of my sight, ever again.” He pulls me in again, and I rest my head on his shoulder, looking across, not realizing that we had been joined by Jet Star and Poison.

“Hey guys…” I sigh into Mikey’s shoulder. Poison waves at me, but there’s something in his eyes, something’s happened.

“I’m so sorry Lauren…” says Jet Star, pushing his hair behind his ear, shaking his head.

“It’s not your fault.” I say, smiling at him as I pull away from Mikey.

We all jump backwards as a shot races through the hatch and almost hits my other leg, “Let’s get out of here.” Sighs Mikey, I nod as he turns and I drag my leg behind me, wincing badly.

Mikey hear me groan slightly and turns back to me, spotting me dragging my leg, “Shit…did you get shot Lauren?”

“It’s nothing…” I gasp as the pain increases.

“Guys! She’s hurt…” the others stop and look behind them,

“I’m fine, our main focus is getting the fuck out of here okay? Now move it.” I say, shoving his shoulder lightly.

“Alright…carefully okay?” he says, stroking my cheek lightly, then turning back hesitantly, crawling forward.

After five minutes of painful dragging of my leg, we reach the exit, great…another hatch. It’s a huge jump down, I watch as Jet Star and Poison jump down from the vent, Mikey looks up at me.

“How’re we gonna do this?” he asks, looking extremely concerned, constantly glancing at my leg.

“I…I can do it…”

“I’ll go down, and I’ll catch you, okay?” I nod and watch him as he nods back and jumps down from the vent. I crawl over it, putting my bad leg over first and then my other so they’re now dangling over the edge.

Mikey opens his arms, I take a deep breath and jump down, landing in them. I wince as I do, my leg now throbbing like mad. I look up at him, he’s smiling at me, I smile back as he leans down and kisses me passionately.

“Don’t mean to interrupt the moment but uh…we gotta go.” laughs Jet Star. I pull away, smiling still. Mikey turns and follows on with the others.

“Woah wait, you’re gonna carry me?” I ask, chuckling slightly. He looks down at me, still walking.

“Well yeah, you’re hurt,” I look down at my leg, frowning at it as it throbs more, we walk out of the tunnel, into the bright sunlight, which blinds me for I haven’t seen it for hours.
_______________________________________________________________________
We arrive at the shack in no time, me and Mikey had been in the back, me resting my head against the car door as Mikey tended to my wound, wrapping it up with bandage. He gets out and walks round, opening my door and lifts me up, taking me into the shack, just as we enter, I remember…

“Frank…” I sigh, “Is he okay?” I look up to Mikey, panicking slightly. He nods. “Thank god…can I see him?”

Mikey takes me into Frank's room, we notice that we just woke Cyanide up, who was cuddled up to Frank on the bed, I turn and look over Mikey’s shoulder behind us, noticing that Gerard didn’t come into the room.

I turn back as Cyanide runs up to me, Mikey puts me down, I wince for a second as I find my balance, but before I can, Cyanide’s hugging me.

“Woah there!” I shriek lightly, chuckling,

“Shit, what happened?” she asks, looking down at my leg, I notice that Frank has walked up behind her, clutching his stomach.

“SCARECROWS happened.” I say. “Feeling better?” I aim my question at Frank behind her, he doesn’t answer, just wraps his arms around me.

“Yeah,” he says, “you know me, tough as nails.” He laughs, pulling away. “How ‘bout you? You leg and everything?” he asks, looking down at it.

“Just a scratch.” I say.