Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

And Carry All This Broken Bone (Electronic Joker)

I’m sitting, legs over Mikey’s, arms around each other, watching the small portable television on the table. Fun Ghoul is back to his old self, sitting at the table with Jet Star, engrossed once again in a game of cards,

“Aw, fuck you.” Moans Frank, hitting the table with his palm, chuckling.

I guess he’s losing.

I turn towards the door as I see that Poison and Cyanide have joined us again, Cyanide pats him on the shoulder and smiles, and then goes and sits next to Frank, resting her head on his shoulder, watching the game, giggling at the fact he’s losing. Poison sits next to me, putting his feet up and letting out a long sigh,

“Everything okay?” I ask, rubbing his leg.

“Yeah, it’s all fine now…” he smiles up at me, “Leg?”

I turn to look at it, prodding it, then wincing slightly. “…Slow progress.” I turn back, smiling.

“Hey Ray, put on some tunes?” asks Mikey, gesturing towards the record player, it’s the one he was playing around with when I first met him, I guess he fixed it. Ray nods and puts down his winning pack of cards, I spot Frank peeking over at them. Ray plays around with a few discs, places one, then sets the needle down, and returns to his previous position,

“When the lights go out, will you take me with you?” the music begins, it’s that voice again. The same voice I heard in the Dracs car.

“And carry all this broken bone,” I look down at my leg, and then at Mikey. “through six years down in crowded rooms and highways I call home...”

This song is so beautiful, I just listen for a moment, listen to the lyrics. I smile and take my legs off of Mikey, he looks at me, confused. I find my balance and then take both his hands.

“What are you up to?” he asks, smirking slightly, but obeying.

“Dance with me?” I ask smiling, pulling him towards the middle of the room, limping my way backwards. He chuckles.

“Only if everyone else does.”

Automatically I see Cyanide dragging Frank away from the table, “But I’m in the middle of a breakthrough!” he moans, throwing his cards down as he’s dragged to the floor. Cyanide giggles at me and I giggle back, taking Mikey’s hand and putting mine on his shoulder, him putting his arm around my waist.

I see that Frank and Cyanide have done the same, both gleaming at each other. My feet start moving to the music and Mikey follows on.

“If you stay, I would even wait all night,” we sway along, almost bumping into Cy and Frank but we just giggle, “or until my heart explodes, how long until we, find our way, in the dark and out of harm?” I look up at Mikey who’s staring into my eyes, I whisper along with the music, “You can runaway with me, anytime you want.”

He smiles and kisses my forehead, bringing me in closer. I look over his shoulder to see Gerard, sitting in the same position as before, watching the television but occasionally glancing at Frank and Cy. I then see his face light up suddenly.

He’s smirking at Ray, I look over to Ray who’s mouthing the words ‘No.’ and shaking his head. This only makes Gerard smirk more as he jumps of off the sofa and runs past all of us, towards Ray, pulling him up to the floor by his arms, Ray restraining, his pack of cards fluttering to the floor, giggling and shaking his head but eventually giving up as Gerard chucks his arms around him.

We all giggle at the scene of the two dancing, and then carry on, swaying to the music, smiling at each other.

We had been having the most amazing and perfect time, laughing, switching partners occasionally but ended up back with original partners as the song changed and so did the dancing.

“WOAH! Don’t believe what they say! We’re dead flies in the summertime!” I pull away from Mikey and watch as the others start to switch their style of dancing, Cyanide now jumping up and down with Frank and Ray and Gerard go and join them, I giggle at them and turn to Mikey, gesturing that we should join.

“You sure?” he looks down at my leg, I nod frantically, pulling him up to the others as we start dancing with them, me trying to put as little pressure on my wounded leg as possible.

“You don’t believe in god, I don’t believe in luck, they don’t believe in us, but I believe we’re the enemy!”

As the song goes on, the dancing increases. My leg starts throbbing badly, like it was when it first got injured. I begin sweating and panting heavily and I just know I’ve got a fever occurring.

Then I look around, everyone’s dancing, having such an amazing time. I try and carry on seeing Mikey looking at me, worried every once in a while. I feel myself getting weaker and weaker with every move.

The song switches suddenly, it’s not the same band anymore, I turn my head quickly to see Ray has switched it. I realise suddenly that I had turned a little too quickly; I panic because I know when I do that, I get a hot flash.

And then, there’s just black.