Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

Comics and Lightsabers (Electronic Joker)

My eyelids fluttered as I felt tiny taps rain down on my cheek.

“Lauren…come on Lauren…” I force my eyes open, adjusting them to the light. “Thank god…guys she’s awake!” It’s Mikey, as he turns back to me a ball of red appears behind him which turns out to be Gerard’s head as my eyes adjust more.

Mikey sits me up, propping me up against some pillows as Gerard hands me a glass of water, stroking back my sweaty fringe. I take a sip, finding it difficult to keep my eyes up; instead they fall, looking down into the water until I take it away from my mouth.

“What…what the fuck happened?” I manage, I wince as my head aches like mad, I remember nothing, just endless dancing.

“You blacked out,” said Mikey, taking the glass from me and placing it on the bed side table. “hit your head pretty hard.” I sigh, leaning back on the many pillows, shaking my throbbing head.

“I’m such a dope…”

“It’s not your fault your legs got a huge ass hole in it.” He chuckles, putting my legs over his so we’re in the position we were before we danced. Gerard pats us both on the shoulder and gets up.

“Gonna go rustle up some grub, you guys hungry?” he asks.

“Starving.” I answer, weakly smiling up at him. Mikey nods at him and Gerard leaves the room, leaving just me and Mikey.

I take this chance to look around Mikey’s room properly, it’s neat, with band posters stuck around, comic books all in neat piles.

“Does Gerard like comic books?” I ask, taking a few from the desk beside me, looking at them. He nods.

“God yeah, we both do. We were such geeky kids...” He laughs, and I’m intrigued, I notice that I hardly know anything about his past.

“So come on then,” I begin, snuggling up to him, “tell me more about your past?” I ask, looking up at him as he takes off his glasses.

“Alright,” he leans over and puts the glasses next to the water, then turns back to me.

“Where do you want me to start?” he asks, shuffling closer towards me, being careful with my leg as he does.

“Um,” I think for a second, then glance back down at the comics, “Growing up with Gerard?” I ask, looking back up at him.

He nods and begins, “We’ve always been close...He's my best friend, and always has been...you see, we've been through literally everything together..." He looks away for a second, and I know that he's remembering things he didn't want to. He turns back to me, a slight smile on his face.

"We always hung out together as kids, reading comic books together, finding long things to use as lightsabers.” I giggle as he motions a light saber with his arms. "We had this game we played, right? Called Hoth." I giggled. "Yeah. It snowed a lot in Jersey, and we always reenacted that battle scene from Star Wars when it snowed." I smiled, picturing a mini Mikey and Gerard running around, rolling in the snow, laughing happily.

“Me and Gerard love our music,” he continued, “we’d always be going to concerts together, listening to CDs everywhere we went,.Bands like Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Anthrax, David Bowie, Smashing Pumpkins, Misfits...” He says, pointing to a separate poster around his room for each band as he does. I follow his hand, observing the awesome posters then turn back to him, “I used to play bass too…not really now though…” he hangs his head.

“Bass, really? Awesome. I bet you miss it…” he nods lightly.

“I promise you, one day, we’ll get you a bass. A brand new one.” I smile up at him.

“How you’re going to manage that, I don’t know. They're all destroyed...but it’ll be great.” He smiles and leans down, nuzzling my nose with his then kissing me, I pull away with another question,

“School life?”

He shakes his head, “Fucking sucked man.” He sighed, I nod in agreement, school was hell. “best part was graduating.”

I chuckle, “Yeah…” I try and think of more questions.

“Oh, and I used to wear glasses, until I got Lasic a few years ago....” He chuckles, “damn I miss those glasses…” I imagine him with glasses and it just seems to work.

“Bet you looked so damn cute.” I giggle, resting my head on his chest as he strokes at my hair.

We both look away from each other as two knocks rattle on the door.

“Come in!” I shout over to it and Gerard enters.

“Grubs up.” He smiles, we both nod and he leaves again. Mikey gets up off the bed and takes my waist, helping me up as I find my balance.

“I can do it.” I smile up at him, he lets go steadily, keeping his arms outstretched just in case I fall again. I stumble over into the living room, Mikey by my side at all times. I spot the others sitting around the table, talking away.

“Hey guys…” I say, giving a small wave. They all look up and smile, Cyanide gets up and hugs me.

“So glad you’re better now.” She said, smiling, and I nodded.

“Me too.” I say. "Me too..."