Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

Sister I'm Not Much A Poet But A Criminal (Electronic Joker)

I watch as Gerard gets up, I sort of know where he might be going but I shake it off and turn my attention back to the guys. I giggle at the fact that Frank has crumbs all round his mouth and even some on his nose.

“Frank you pig!” I laugh, kicking his foot under the table jokingly.

“God, I could eat five hundred of those babies.” He sighs, leaning back against the seat, putting his arms behind his head. I throw a napkin at him, he jumps slightly and smirks as I gesture for him to wipe his face, he does, his smirk still remaining. I spot the newspaper beside Ray’s plate, and see the headline, “FABULOUS KILLJOYS INFILTRATE BL/IND AGAIN.” I chuckle slightly as this, we cannot be tamed.

“Hey Ray, can I read that?” I ask, pointing at the newspaper beside him, he looks at me and then slides the newspaper across to me,

“Sure.” He says, smiling.

“Thanks.” I smile back, taking the paper and opening it to the article about the infiltration, before I even get there I see that there are wanted posters of each of us dotted around the newspaper, a face photo of each of us with a red cross in front, and the words ‘EXTERMINATE” stamped on.

“Jesus…” I say without noticing, Mikey looks down at me and sees I’m looking at them,

“We’re everywhere…” I continue, flicking through the pages, our faces on almost every page.

“Ah shit that reminds me,” he begins, I look up at him, “we need to do a scope of the place, make sure no ones following or spying on us.” I see Ray and Frank nod in agreement, putting down their napkins and glasses, adjusting their gloves and bandanas as they rise up from the table.

I get up too but Mikey instantly puts a hand on my shoulder, I look up at him.

“You sure?” he asks, “I mean, your leg…you should stay.” I shake my head.

“I’ll be fine,” I say, taking his hand off of my shoulder and holding it loosely by my side. “besides, we’re only scoping the area.” I smile and kiss him lightly and lead him out from the table, slightly limping but not as bad as before.

“Shouldn’t we tell Cy and Poison?” I ask, tightly strapping on my holster and wiping at my gun, removing all the dirt before placing it in there, and tying my bandana around my neck.

“Nah,” he begins, looking up at me from tying his boots, “they’ll know where we went.”

I nod, spotting Ray’s glasses on the side of the table as I do, I grab them.

“Think fast!” I turn to Ray and chuck them in his direction; he looks up from doing up his jacket and catches them, dead on. I smirk at him.

“Nice catch.” He winks at me then puts them on, pushing his hair behind his ears.

“What is taking them so long?” I glance around the room looking for any signs of the two.

“Let’s just go.” Say Frank impatiently, pulling up his bandana and walks out of the shack, Ray following. Mikey takes my hand and pulls up his own bandana and then kisses me, pulling up my bandana for me. I smile from behind it and follow on after him.

It’s a cool night although acid winds are strong and painful against our skin, I wince as a huge gust scrapes across our faces, and I see that everyone else winces too.

“God, this fucking wind has been getting worse since they’ve started drugging the air.” I sigh, using my free hand to cover my face from the winds. Mikey wraps his arm around me, keeping me close.

“Anybody see anything?” Asks Ray, ducking up and down constantly, looking through bushes to the side of him, hand on his gun at all times.

“Nah man,” says Frank, using his hand as a shield from the wind too, squinting against it, looking out into the night. “I think it’s all cle-“ Frank’s interrupted by a huge sound of explosion, we all practically jump out of our skins and turn to the direction of the explosion.

“HOLY SHIT!” He shouts, as he spots what we all spot, a huge fire has been triggered before us, bushes have caught alight as we see various animals shoot out from underneath them. A thick smoke engulfs us all as we all start coughing and flapping our arms around to rid of it.

“Good!” says a voice, and a figure emerges from the smoke. It’s Exploder, with that cheap smirk on his face, hands entwined in front of him, chuckling slightly as he walks through the smoke, it not affecting him of course because of the pill. “I got your attention finally.”

Everyone sees that it’s him and scrambles for their guns, aiming them at him.

“Don’t!” I shout, putting my hand on Mikey's and Ray's arms, they look down to me, “he’s not worth it…” I scowl at him as the others lower their guns but keep them by their sides. His smirk still remains.

“That’s mean…” he says, clutching his chest sarcastically.

“What do you want?” I ask sternly, I realize my fists are clenched.

“To tell you something actually.”

The others look at each other, confused.

“Yes that’s right, I don’t want to fight, I just want a word with you my dear…” He walks up to me slowly, I feel Mikey tensing up beside me,

“…My sister.” He smirks.