Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

Make A Wish When Your Childhood Dies (Electronic Joker)

He was my fucking brother. My head hurt so much. I was worried I was going to pass out again. He had explained everything, how could my mother have done this? No…it wasn’t her fault…

My ears adjust again, I hadn’t been listening to what was going on around me, I was stuck in my own confused thoughts.

“Even if that means being ghosted?” asked Frank, I had no clue what they were talking about.

“Yes.” Exploder nodded, the smirk still remaining on his face, arms crossed in front of his chest.

“Well, then that’s fine with me!” shouted Cyanide, bringing her gun up again, I stretched out my arm but was too late, she had already shot him straight in the chest and he had fallen to the ground. I scream and escape Mikey’s grasp, running over to him, grabbing his shoulders and shaking Exploder by the shoulders.

“NO! WAKE UP!” I shout, shaking him violently, Mikey takes my arms to calm me a bit, it works but I still try to wake him, slapping his cheeks, staring down at his vacant face.

“Come on Exploder please…” I hear shouting from behind me. “…you’re the only family I have…” I watch as tear after tear rolls off of my nose and onto his shirt, dampening it.

“We’ll take him inside…” begins Mikey, rubbing my arms, keeping me close. “We’ll do what we can.”

I nod, looking down at Exploder's motionless body, yeah he’s an evil bastard…but he’s my brother. I clench my fists against his chest as anger burns up inside of me; I stand up, and turn to Cyanide.

“What the FUCK?!” I shout, tears still pouring uncontrollably. She looks over at me from his body.

“He’s evil, Lauren, he deserved it!”

I begin storming over to her but I’m stopped by Mikey’s arms restraining mine. I take deep breaths, calming a little but not much, I still can feel the anger.

“Evil he may be Cy, but he’s still my fucking brother.” I rub at my forehead which is now throbbing from the amount of feelings, “The only fucking family I have left, and now he’s probably going to die.”

“…I’m sorry, I just…” she trails off, her head hanging slightly.

I shake my head, kicking a stone in front of me in anger. I turn and walk back to Exploders body, I feel everyone’s eyes on me as I pick him up by myself but almost drop him because of what occurs next.

Suddenly a huge bright spot light has hit me and so does a strong wind, so strong it almost knocks me over. I look up to the skies to see where it came from, only to be looking up to a white BL/ind helicopter, a ladder’s thrown in front of me and Exploder, I jump back a little, looking back up to the helicopter to see a Drac streaming down towards us both.

“What the fuck…JOKER!” I hear Frank shout from behind me.

I hear shots from the helicopter but I can see nothing because of the blinding light, but I know that it is Dracs shooting at my fellow Killjoys behind me. I start to panic. The Drac looks me up and down and I turn to run but I feel a gun on the back of my head as I do and I pause.

“Hand him over.” He says, his voice muffled from the mask and engulfed by the helicopters sounds, his free hand outstretched to my back.

“LAUREN!” I hear Mikey cry from behind me but he can’t go forward, I can briefly see his red jacket through a row of armed white Dracs is now separating me from my fellow Killjoys, he can’t get to me.

I turn back to the Drac, the gun now on my forehead and I shake my head, gripping onto Exploder tightly.

“Have it your way then.” He sighs, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a white can with the BL/ind logo on, I consult whether I should just drop Exploder and run but before I can consult anymore I hear a spray and, for the second time today. I see nothing but black.