Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

The Plan(Cyanide Suicide)

We all stood still as we watched Joker get shoved into the car forcefully. Poison took his mask off, watching the car start, still holding onto my arm. After they drove off, I shrugged myself away from Poison, picked up a rock and threw it at the car driving away, yelling in anger. It bounced off the windshield with a CLINK, then rolled away.

"FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed in anger. "JOKER!!! WE WILL RESCUE YOU!!!!!!!!!" I fell on my knees, sobbing and yelling at the same time. I had literally just met her, but she was already a friend of mine. We had a lot in common, and we hit it off so quickly. The others didn't know what to do; I saw Kobra fire his gun into an already dead Scarecrow at his feet, screaming in anger.

"GOD DAMN IT!" he yelled. Fun Ghoul and Jet Star just stood there, watching Kobra release his anger, looking upset as well. I sat there, on the ground, sobbing, until I saw Poison get on his knees in front of me and wrap his arms around me, his chin on my shoulder. His hair tickled my ear, and I shuddered sightly from that. He whispered in my ear.

"We will do whatever it takes to get her back. You hear me?" I nodded, and he hugged me tighter. Immediately I felt safe in his arms. If Poison was around, I knew that nothing could hurt me. No laser beam, ray gun, nothing. He smiled, kissed my forehead lightly, and let me go, standing back up.

"New plan," he said, putting his hands on his hips. The others gathered around in a circle, Fun Ghoul helping me up. He wiped my eyes with his hands, smiling.

"We'll get her back," he comforted me. "Promise." I nodded, smiling and sniffling, then turning to Poison to hear the plan.

"Number one priority," he said, staring at the four of us. "Getting Joker back." We all nodded, and he shifted his weight onto one leg and squinting his right eye from staring into the sun that was coming from behind us.

"This means infiltrating BL/IND headquarters. The deepest part of it." We nodded again. "This is NOT going to be easy, guys." Kobra shook his head.

"I will do whatever it takes to get her back," he said. Fun Ghoul and Jet Star nodded in agreement.

"I'm with Kobra," I said. "ANYTHING we can do to get her, I will do it." Poison nodded.

"Good, because we're about to get ourselves into the deepest shit possible." He turned around, his red hair blowing in the wind. "I mean DEEP shit." I walked up to him and grabbed his arm. He looked down at me, and I looked up at him. Our matching hazel eyes connected for a second, and we both smiled at each other.

"Deep shit or not," I said, still staring at him. "we HAVE to get her out of there...before..." I shuddered at the thought of what BL/IND would do to her. I must have reflected the thought in my face because Poison frowned at me, and rubbed my head in reassurance.

"We won't let them even get close to that," He said, kissing my forehead again; I secretly loved it when he did this. I let go of his arm and turned to face the others; Jet Star and Fun Ghoul were talking to each other, and Kobra was sitting on the ground with his arms wrapped around his knees, gun still in one hand, staring off to his left. I sighed, and sat down next to him, resting my head on his shoulder. He looked at me, and though I couldn't see through his glasses, he looked beyond depressed from the parts of his face that I DID see. I patted his back reassuringly.

"Kobra, we'll make them pay for this..." I hugged him. "Promise." he nodded, and I let him stand back up, and I copied him. We walked over to the rest of the group.

"So, what's the attack plan?" Fun Ghoul asked. Poison bit his lip, thinking about it, then spoke again.

"Well, our best bet is going in directly through the front door, right?" Poison said, looking at me. "Because that's what they'd least expect." We all nodded.

"Sounds good to me," Jet Star said, nodding.

"I heard security is at it's weakest in the front anyways," Fun Ghoul added. "Because they don't expect an attack from straight ahead."

"Which is why we're doing that." Poison agreed. I thought about it, then spoke.

"But you guys..." i said slowly. "What if they DO actually expect a frontal attack, and then we get fucked up?" Poison looked up at the methane skies, in thought.

"That, there," he said, still looking up. "is a very good point, Cyanide." He looked down at me and our eyes connected again. "Now that I think of it, I bet a million credits they are expecting that more than anything." I smiled, glad he took my idea into consideration.

"New plan," he continued. "We attack from the sides." He walked over to the car, reached into the glovebox, and took out a map of California and slapped it onto the hood of the car. We all bent down to look at it.

"California is made of Zones, right?" He pointed at the map. "Here we are, in Zone Four." He moved to the third zone from the outer limits. "Battery City is all the way in the middle, past Zone One." He traced his finger through all the inner Zones, until he got to the innermost one. "That's where they're taking her."

"Better Living Industries...." Fun Ghoul said. "Right in the heart of Battery City." He pointed at a point on the map. "THAT'S where H.Q. is. Where Korse hides, and does his dirty deeds from there." I saw Kobra grind his teeth.

"If he does anything to her..." Is all he said. I grabbed his arm reassuringly, and that seemed to calm him down. He slammed his fist on the hood of the car.

"We going now, or what?" he asked. Poison folded the map back up, and tucked it under his arm.

"Are you guys prepared?" he asked. I looked around, and everyone nodded.

"Okay, then, team. Let's go on yet another rescue mission." We broke our circle, and Fun Ghoul took the map from Poison, and we all piled in the car, Frank in the passenger's seat again, Me, Kobra, and Jet Star in the back, and Poison behind the wheel.

"Ready?" Poison asked. Kobra nodded, Jet Star held up his gun, and I brought my mask down from my forehead.

"Fuck yeah." I said. I saw Poison look at me in the rear view mirror, smirking, and I smirked back. He started that car, and we zoomed forward, onto Battery City to fight to the death to save Joker.