Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

Infiltration, Part Deaux

I heard it before I saw it; there was the dull, low sound of helicopter blades coming from the distance; I looked up from Frank's eyes, and saw it hovering above us, making out the BL/ind logo before anything else. A ladder dropped down from the side, and a Drac came sliding down it and began firing at us.

"WHAT THE FUCK! JOKER!" Frank yelled, and he let me go. Gerard handed me my gun back, and we began firing back at the Dracs.

"LAUREN!" I hear Mikey cry from somewhere behind me, and I see him sprint past me, only to be blocked from Lauren by a row of Dracs. He struggled against them, but couldn't get through. I looked around, seeing everyone lost in the battle, and turned to Lauren, who was being held at gunpoint. I tried running over to her, but was blocked by a couple Dracs; I punched them both in the head, but they didn't go down; they wrapped their arms around mine, and held me still.

"DAMN IT! JOKER!" I scream as she gets sprayed with tear gas, and is taken into the chopper with the unconscious Exploder.

"FUCK! NO!" Mikey cries, breaking through the barricade of Dracs and ran after the chopper, firing away.

"KOBRA NO!" Gerard yelled, turning to fire at a Drac. "DON'T SHOOT IT DOWN, YOU'LL KILL HER TOO!" Mikey dropped his gun, and got on his knees, and screamed into the sky; I had never seen this side of him before. He was beyond angry. He was punching the ground, swearing, and crying.

"LAUREN! DAMN IT I WILL COME SAVE YOU!" He yelled. "I PROMISE!"

"KOBRA LOOK OUT!" I cried, seeing a Drac run up behind him. I broke free from the Dracs holding me still and started running over to him, only to stop dead in my tracks as I saw him turn around just in time to get punched in the face, and was knocked out cold, lying on the floor.

"FUCK!" I cried, firing at the Drac that punched him, destroying it. "POISON GET OVER HERE!" I yelled, running over to Mikey and getting on my knees.

"JET STAR. FUN GHOUL, COVER US!" I heard him yell, and he ran over to crouch next to me, looking at his unconscious brother. His glasses had flown off from the impact, and were feet away from us. He had blood gushing from where he was punched, as long as a huge bruise. His mouth was bleeding as well, dripping onto the dirt beneath his head. Poison checked his pulse on his neck, and sighed.

"He's still alive," He said, looking at me, his hair blowing in the wind. He took his bandana off his face, and I did the same.

"Is he going to be okay?" I asked.

"I don't know, but we have to get out of here. Now." He said, and I nodded. I stood up, and Gerard lifted his brother up, putting him over his shoulder, and we began running. I bent down as I ran to pick up his glasses, and put them in my pocket, following Gerard.

"KEEP THEM BUSY!" Gerard yelled as he ran by Frank, and Frank nodded, concentrating on the Drac in front of him, shooting it in the leg then kicking it's head clean off.

"You go it!" He said, and turned to Ray. "Stay close." He said, and ray nodded.

"We'll be back as soon as we can," I said, and I caught up to Gerard, sprinting as fast as I could. For carrying his brother as he ran, he was still fucking fast. It took everything for me to catch up to him. Eventually, we made it back to the shack, and Pony was back finally, leaning on the BL/ind dispenser outside of the shack.

"PONY WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" I yelled.

"I went out to do some recon--"

"Fuck, who cares! Mikey's hurt, and Joker's gone again!" I followed Gerard inside, and Pony followed me, stuttering.

"W-wait, gone?"

"YES. BL/ind's got her again, god damn it," I said, punching the beam. He shook his head.

"I can go make my way there now, see where she's being kept--"

"No, you need to to help Frank and Ray," I said. "They're out there all alone facing like a hundred of them at a time." Pony nodded, put his helmet on, and rolled out the door and back to the battlefield, leaving dust trails behind him. I turned back to the brothers, sitting on the couch, Mikey still unconscious, his mouth hanging open and head lolling.Gerard was lightly slapping his cheek.

"Wake up, Mikes...wake up, dammit!" He said, putting his forehead on his brother's. "GOD DAMN IT wake up, bro!" I walked over to the couch, and sat on the table.

"Do I need to get anything for him?" I asked, and Gerard shook his head, wiping the blood off his brother's chin.

"Maybe something to get this fucking blood off and to stop the swelling..." He said, concentrating on his brother, and I nodded, and left the room to go to the bathroom. I grabbed a towel and got it wet, and took some aspirin out of the cabinet before returning to the living room, to see Mikey stir, and blink his eyes rapidly. Gerard's face went from worry to shock in a second, and he wrapped his arms around his brother, who looked confused as to where he was.

"How did I...?"

"Mikes, you're okay!" Gerard said happily. "You got demolished!" Mikey still looked confused; he put his hand to his face, touching the wound, and winced.

"Ow, damn it." He said, and I handed him the towel. He nodded, accepting it, and put it over his face. After a few seconds, though, he took it down quickly and snapped his head to the door.

"LAUREN." He said. "I have to get Lauren." he tried standing up, but Gerard kept him seated.

"No, Mikey," He said, taking the towel and putting it on his head for him. "You need to recover..."

"FUCK that," He said, slapping Gerard's hand away. I gasped; this wasn't Mikey. He was gone, replaced by a stranger.

"I NEED TO SAVE HER." He said, throwing Gerard's hands off of him and standing up quickly. He walked over to the table and picked up his GOOD LUCK helmet, and tucked it under his arm.

"You guys fucking coming or what?" He asked. "And where are my glasses?" I walked over, dug them out of my pocket and handed them to him. He took them, not smiling, and put them in his pocket before jamming the helmet on with the visor still up.

"Bro, come on, we need to go." I saw Gerard stand up, and nod.

"Okay..." He said, slightly scared of his demanding brother. He grabbed the car keys from the table and followed me and Mikey to the car, and took his Cat mask from the trunk and gave it to me to hold in the passenger's seat.

"We're picking up the others on the way." He said, starting the car and driving off. I nodded, and looked at Mikey in the rearview mirror; He was looking straight ahead, beyond pissed. His jaw was jutted out, dried blood still on it, and his mouth was tight, and his eyes narrow. I was honestly scared of this Mikey. I shifted my gaze over to the windshield, to see we had arrived back at the battle scene. Most of the Dracs were gone, but they were still fighting the last of them.

"GET IN!" Gerard yelled out the window, and Frank and Ray nodded. Pony said something to them, and they ran to the car, getting in the back with Mikey.

"You guys ready for this?" Gerard asked, gunning it.

"Fuckin' ready." Mikey said, slamming the visor down on his helmet.
_______________________________________________________________________
The car ride was silent; there was only the sound of the engine running and tires squealing when Gerard turned the car. We drove through the blue-lit tunnels, seeing the posters change pictures as we drove by, and the sound of the car echoed through the tunnel. Gerard looked at the rearview mirror into the backseat, and I did as well. I had no idea what Mikey's face was, since his helmet was still on. Frank was adjusting his gloves, and Ray cocked his gun.

Gerard continued driving down the tunnel, and didn't even bother to stop at security; he had me shoot out the guards from my window, and drove straight through the barrier, flying through the air and landing on the front wheels first before evening us out. He drove, stone faced, until we got to the bridge, and he stopped the car right at the end of it, and we all got out. I handed him his CAT mask, and he put it on, disappearing behind it. Ray and Frank took their official masks out of the trunk as well, and put them on; Frank kept his off of his face, but rested it on top of his head. He waited as the others began storming towards the building, and grabbed my arm.

"Hey..." He said. "You okay?" I looked at the ground.

"Honestly, no." I said, then looked up at him. "This is all my fault, and--" I was cut off by his lips colliding with mine, and I tasted cigarette on his breath, but I didn't care. This is exactly what I needed right now. I put my arms around his neck, drew him closer, and pushed his face closer to mine, kissing back HARD. Like, harder than ever. He released, and smiled.

"Better?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, now let's go," He said, and we walked to catch up with the others, who were standing in front of the building.

"Well are you ready, Ray?" Gerard asked.

"Yeah!" Ray replied, pressing the button on his helmet, making the visor fall.

"How 'bout you Frank?'

"WAAAOOGGH!" Frank made the weirdest fucking sound ever, and I tried so hard not to laugh.

"How about you, Mikey?"

Silence.

"Well, I think I'm all right..." He said, cocking his gun, "LET'S GO SAVE JOKER!"

We crashed through the glass doors again, and made our way straight into the heart of BL/ind HQ.