Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

Stay Out Of The Light (Electronic Joker)

Bright white light blinds me as I blink, and my eyes sting like hell. I sit up, rubbing at them, adjusting my eyes to the white nothingness. I’m in the cell again, the white cell like before, I’m not sure if it’s the one I was in last time, they all look the same.

The plain white walls, no windows, the door hidden completely, but I notice something different from last time. I just rubbed my eyes, which means I’m not restrained against the wall like last time.

I look around me, there’s nothing, no torture tables, no gas ready to knock me out. Not even a bed or a chair, just a plain white room.

Why the hell were they not restraining me? They know they’re just making it easier for me to escape…

I get up from leaning up against the wall, steadily finding my balance, stumbling a bit. The door has to be here somewhere.I turn and pat the walls, streaming my palms across it looking for the door; I walk around the whole room, patting it down but find nothing.

I then remember everything, Exploder, him being my brother, Cyanide shooting him…

I start to panic; I have no idea whether he’s alive or dead. I bang twice on the wall, hard.

“EXPLODER!” I shout, banging two more times, falling onto my knees. I think of Mikey, I feel insanely guilty, I keep getting myself fucking caught. I lean back against the wall again, banging my head on it. I jolt and scramble away from the wall as a huge thud slams against it.

“Shit!” I shout as I hear shots come from behind the wall, I guess that the door must be somewhere on this wall. I jump up and swipe my hands across it again and feel the rim of the door. I bang on the door repeatedly; I know they’re out there.

“Guys?! Anyone?!” I bang again until I get a response,

“LAUREN!” It’s Mikey. I jump up and down without realizing, slapping the wall,

“Mikey! Thank god!” I shout, my eyes watering up.

“I’m gonna get you out of there, I promise,” he began, I felt him move away from the door. “Move back!” he shouts from a distance, I obey and stumble backwards and place myself to the left of the door.

I hear footsteps nearing the door and a crash as Mikey’s foot collides with the door, sending it flying across the room. He had his GOOD LUCK helmet on, so I couldn't see his face, but I knew he looked worried under that visor. He runs straight up to me, bringing me into a tight embrace. I wrap my arms around him, breathing out in relief.

“I’m sorry…” I sigh into his shoulder, gripping onto him tightly.

“He’s your brother, you were trying to protect him, I understand.” He says, pulling away and stroking my cheek lightly. He took off his helmet tucked it under his arm before kissing me.

“Guys, we better get going.” I pull away from Mikey and turn to see Ray standing behind us, I run to him and hug him tightly, he hugs me back, stroking my back. I pull away, smiling lightly and glance behind him, I see Cyanide. She’s behind Poison, keeping her distance and avoiding my gaze. I nod, hugging Poison next and then Fun Ghoul. Cyanide’s walked out before I can even speak to her, pulling back on her gun as she walks down the corridor, taking out the few Dracs that remain in our way. Mikey takes my hand.

“Wait…” I say. I stop him before he leads me out the door. “…Exploder…” I look up to him.

“We need to get out of here.” He says, squeezing my hand.

“I need to know if he’s okay.” I say, Mikey senses my extreme concern and nods, putting his helmet back on, the visor still up.

“Alright,” he turns to the others, “me and Joker are gonna go and look for Exploder, just to check if he’s okay. We’ll meet you guys back at the car in five?” he asks, pushing down his visor

The others nod, “Be careful bro.” Poison says, patting his brother on the back. Mikey nods and leads me out of the door as we separate from the group, them turning right and us turning left on the hunt for my brother.

We walk down the white corridor, looking around us constantly, guns cocked. Looking through every door we can, I stop suddenly, Mikey realises, stopping too and looking at me and through the door to what I was looking at too.

We were looking at a Killjoy. The Killjoy. It was the girl that had flashed up on the screen that night in the diner, begging for help. She looked so different, her eyes were vacant, clothes torn, skin painfully pale, her mouth hanging open slightly.

Around her were other Dracs, they had gas masks on and then I realised that the air around them was a smokey white colour, which means that they were gassing her. One Drac was prodding at various tools, picking them up occasionally and inspecting them.

I reach for the door handle, only to be stopped by Mikey’s hand on mine. I look up to see him shaking his head at me, “We have to help her…” I whisper.