Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

Let's Blow A Hole in This Town (Cyanide Suicide)

I walked over next to Frank, leaning in to get a closer look at what I though I had seen on the screen.

"Wait, that isn't--"

"Yes, it is." Frank said, standing straight again. "It's a bomb. And it's going to explode in a half hour if we don't get there in time."

"But wouldn't that bomb make the entire building go up in smoke?" Lauren asked, making her way over to us. Frank nodded, and leaned forward again, making the camera zoom in to the wall.

"No, Lauren." He said, sighing. "That cell is one hundred percent blast proof, bullet proof, unbreakable titanium. Nothing can get in or escape that room." He shook his head again, and I tried to pat his back, but he started walking away as soon as I lifted my hand. Lauren looked at me, confused.

"Is he okay?" she asked, and I shook my head.

"No, he's not." I replied, looking at the floor. "Not too long ago, Korse came in here and told us he had Gerard and Ray, and Frank had a chance to shoot and kill him on the spot, but he didn't." I licked my lips and looked back up at her, and she looked shocked. She turned around, and I followed her gaze to see Frank holding up blueprints he found in a cabinet, studying it closely.

"Why didn't he do it?" She asked, turning back to me.

"I told him it would make things worse." I said. "That he didn't need to do it."

"Cy..."

"I know." I blinked, and patted her on the shoulder as I walked over to Frank.

"I'm trying to find a way in there," he said. "But there's nothing too obvious that I'm spotting." He flipped the papers around, and I leaned in.

"Can I take a look?" I asked, and he nodded, throwing them at me.

"Be my guest. Just hurry," he said, leaning back in the chair and putting his feet up on the table. I picked up the blueprints, and noticed Lauren was right behind me, looking at them too.

"You see anything?" I asked her, and she shook her head.

"No...I don't--WAIT!" She exclaimed, and pointed at a small spot on the map.

"What?" I asked, and Frank perked up in his chair slightly, to look at the two of us.

"Look there," Lauren said, pointing over my shoulder. "There is a small hole next to the door. Follow that line...." She traced the line with her finger. I followed it, and read the side note on the extra space of the blueprint.

"IN CASE OF ACCIDENTAL LOCK-IN, HOLE IS NOT MADE OF TITANIUM FOR QUICK ESCAPE. SECRET DOOR. TRIGGER ON SEAM OF DOOR."

I turned my head to Lauren, and she looked at me, grinning. I slapped the blueprints in front of Frank, who leaned forward and read the note out loud.

"In case of accidental lock in.....HA!" After, he shook his head. "Their own stupidity is what is going to help us get them out," he said, standing up. "Fucking morons." He looked at me, smiling, then turned to Lauren, and picked her up, hugging her.

"You are such a genius, Lauren!" He said, putting her down and rubbing her head, messing up her hair. She giggled, and talked as she fixed her hair.

"No, Frank, I just pay attention to detail more than the normal person..." She smiled, and I slapped them both on the backs.

"WELL, we better get a move on before they get blown up, yeah?" Frank and Lauren nodded, and before we left the room I saw Frank take the blueprints, and the three of us made our way down the halls to the room we saw on the screen. Frank was the navigator, and Lauren and I were his protection, shooting off Dracs as soon as they came into view. We were so quick, they had no chance to respond, and no giant battles ensued. Frank walked in between us, his face buried in the map, telling us which way to turn.

"Left." He said, and we turned left. A couple Dracs came running towards us, but I shot them down in one shot each, not even breaking stride.

"Right." he said, pointing, and Lauren did the same I did before, but with three Dracs instead of two.

"Right." He said, and then stopped as soon as we turned. I looked around, but didn't see any trace of a door.

"Frank, where's the door...?" I asked, taking the blueprints from him.

"It's supposed to be here," He said, feeling around on the wall. "There's supposed to be a trigger on the seam of the wall..." He moved his hand up and down the crease in the wall, and eventually there was a hissing, and the wall panel moved aside, revealing a door.

"YES!" I exclaimed, pumping my fist.

"It says we need a password," Frank said, observing the panel on the side.

"Damn it!" I exclaimed again. Lauren walked up next to Frank to look at the panel.

"Well we all know it has to be BL/ind related," She said, pressing a button to reveal a keyboard.

"True," Frank said. "But if we get it wrong, we could have them be blown to bits earlier than expected.

"Shit," I said, standing behind them. "We better think fast then..." I racked my brain for all the BL/ind slogans. The only ones I could think of were THE AFTERMATH IS SECONDARY.

"All I can think of is the obvious one, guys, " I said. Frank typed it in, but nothing happened; the screen just went ERROR, then returned to the login page.

"Well, I heard no explosion," Lauren said.

"It's soundproof, remember?" Frank said nervously. Lauren gasped slightly, her mouth staying open, and I did the same; we may have just killed our best friends right now and not even known.

"God damn it, we are running out of time..." Frank said, slamming on the keyboard. "Something, ANYTHING, you two...the sooner the better." I nodded, and tried thinking of something less obvious. I thought, and thought, and finally it came to me. I snapped my fingers and pushed Frank out of the way, to his protest, and typed it in. And like magic, the door slid open to the side, revealing our friends, who were not blown up, thank god. We all ran into the hidden room, and I crawled over Gerard and Lauren over Mikey; Frank knelt next to Ray, trying to wake him up.

"What did you type in?" He asked me, slightly slapping Ray's face. I grinned, trying to wake up Gerard by lightly stroking his face.

"Dead Pegasus."

"The shitty gas station?" Frank asked, still slapping Ray in the face. I chucked at the sheer stupidity of the password.

"I know, right?" I said, laughing.

"Out of all the things..." Lauren said. I looked over to her to see her sitting next to Mikey; she had taken his helmet off, and revealed his sweaty face. She was squeezing his hand and stroking his hair lightly.

"Mikey...wake up..." She said, leaning down to kiss him on the lips. This must have worked, because she jumped back when Mikey gasped out for air, and coughed. Seeing this effect, I did the same to Gerard, and he was more violent than his brother; he gasped like Mikey did, but included a right hook that connected with my face, hard, and I flew sideways, slamming my head onto the ground.

"OH SHIT!" Gerard said, coughing as he spoke, and crawled over to where I had landed. "Fuck. Fuck. Fuck...Cy, oh my god, I am so sorry..." He lifted my head up, and rubbed my cheek where his fist connected, and I chucked.

"Gee I understand." I said, smiling at him, and he smiled back. "But shit, man, that fucking hurt!" He leaned in, smiling, and kissed me on the lips tenderly, and I accepted this apology.

"I forgive you," I said as he pulled away, still smiling. He stood up, lifting me with him, and I walked over to where Lauren and Mikey were having a moment. We left them to their making out, and walked over to Frank and Ray, who was now awake, rubbing his eyes.

"Well, thank god we're all alive," Ray said, putting his hair behind his ear. Frank turned to the timer on the bomb. He winced, and stood up, taking Ray with him.

"Fuck. We got to leave." He said. I watched him take Ray by the arm, and walked out of the room.

"Why?" I yelled after him.

"LOOK AT THE GOD DAMN BOMB!" He yelled back. I turned to the timer.

It read :30. I grabbed Gerard by the arm, and yelled at Lauren and Mikey.

"LAUREN STOP TRYING TO GET SOME AND GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE!" I yelled, and ran after Frank and Ray, holding Gerard's arm, running as fast as we can to the expected explosion.