Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

We Light Our Rails and Punch Our Time (Electronic Joker)

Mikey could sense how tense I was as we half ran, half walked down the white corridors; he squeezed my hand and kept me close but I just couldn’t stop worrying about Cyanide. We come to a stop in an opening full of monitors and touch screens, it’s hard to tell whether it’s the same one as last time.

“Frank, what the hell man? We need to keep moving.” Asks Mikey, walking forward to Frank’s still back, taking me with him. Gerard looks over to us.

“One sec…” Frank trails off, running towards a touch screen monitor, tapping his fingers across it. I walk over to him,

“Frank…what are you doing?”

“Don’t worry; I’ll only be a minute.”

I stare at him in confusion and then turn to Gerard who looks just as confused as me,

“What is he…” I ask him, he shakes his head.

“I’ll keep a look out…” I sigh, walking back over to the entrance of the opening, taking my gun from my holster and resting my back against the wall, slouching down, resting my arms across my knees.

I look around the place, you have to admit, Better Living Industries have got their shit together here, but they’re still dumb as fuck. The monitors are complicated and hard to hack into, I wonder how Frank manages it. I poke my head behind me, glancing down the long white corridor, there’s various vending machines dotted around the place, all riddled with ammunition, ray guns, batteries, everything that you’d need.

I spot something on top of one to the right of me, I scan around the corridor to see if anyone’s there, realising it’s all clear, I get up and wander over to what I had my eyes fixed on.

I try and jump to reach the object on the top of the vending machine, but it’s too high. I glance around me, looking for anything that could help boost me up and spot a stack of white boxes, all labelled with something but I ignore it and grab a box, placing it against the vending machine, clambering on top and retrieving my targeted object.

I don’t jump off of the box yet, I just analyse the object, it looks like a radio controller of some type, then I spot the writing on the top of it, “VEND-A-HACK”.

“Oh…” I breathe, “…Cool…” I grin at the object and slide it into the pocket of my jacket.

“Found anything?” I jump a little and swing my head around to see Gerard behind me, running his hand through his hair, squinting at the bright lights above.

“Just a little souvenir,” I smirk, he smirks back,

“Alright well, I’m gonna go and look for the nearest exit,” He says, pulling at the sleeves of his jacket, I nod as I watch him walk down the corridor."Be back in a sec- SHIT!”

Before I know it; I’m on the floor of the corridor, ears ringing from the loud crash that had just happened out of no where.

I throw my head frantically around the room, looking for the cause of the crash, looking for Gerard, I spot his bright red hair amidst the dust swirling around us which soon vanishes and I can see clearly what has occurred.

I see Cyanide, laid flat out on the floor in front of Gerard, who is also on the floor. She’s coughing and spluttering, waving her arms around to rid of the remaining dust, I can see that she’s bought half of the ventilation shaft down with her.

“WHAT THE FUCK?!” Yells Frank, he’s run in too, coughing slightly and squinting into the dust, “Cy!” he shouts, running over to her.

I haul myself up from the floor, dusting myself off as Mikey runs from the room.

“What the hell happened?” he asks, closely followed by Ray who runs over and clears some of the rubble off of Cy.

I run over to Cy, throwing my arm around her waist to help her up, as Frank does the same the other side of her.

“You okay Cy?” I ask.

“Yeah, I’m good,” she says, trying to escape our restrain, “it’s fine guys, honestly...it was actually kind of funny...” She giggles a little as we let her go and she finds her balance, wiping away at her jacket.

Gerard wraps his arms around her and kisses her tenderly, I spot Frank by the side of them, and i saw that his face has dropped.

“Let’s go.” He says, his voice now stern with us, “someone would have heard that.”

He turns without making eye contact with any of us and marches down the corridor.