Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

Under Pressure (Cyanide Suicide)

We had moved from the kitchen to the living room, and had started watching the same old boring, hilarious news stories that BL/ind was broadcasting to the people, laughing our asses off. I was snuggled up next to Frank, his hand in mine, resting my head on his shoulder, laughing, as Gerard sat next to me, and Ray next to him. Mikey was still locked up in his room, and Gerard had told us to "leave him be," and that "Mikey has a certain way of dealing with things" and "not to disturb him." We all agreed, and instead focused our attention at the ridiculous news stories, making comments about the anchorman.

"Does he even LOOK in the mirror before going on set?" Gerard cried, almost in tears. "Look at that fucking comb-over!" I laughed.

"The oversized glasses don't exactly help either!" I added, squeezing Frank's hand. He laughed along with the rest of us, and pecked a kiss on my cheek. I giggled, and returned the favor, then rested my head back on his shoulder, and continued to watch the news, until it changed to the age-old cartoon once again. Gerard sighed, and stood up, stretching.

"Well," he groaned. "I've seen this cartoon more times that I'd like to..." He smiled. "I think I'm gonna go do some target practice outside." He bent down and grabbed his gun from the table, and twirled it in his hand by the trigger, like they did in old Western movies, before jamming it in his holster, smirking.

"See you guys in a bit," he said, and the rest of us nodded, and watched him walk out the door, backwards, saluting to us, only to walk right into none other than Show Pony, who had suddenly appeared out of nowhere behind Gerard. Gerard jumped after making contact with him, and turned around quickly, letting out a cry of surprise.

"Ah! My God--oh, Pony, I didn't see you there!" He said, scratching the back of his head. "You scared the living shit outta me!"

"My bad, Gerard, but I am on a super special mission," he said, and rolled past Gerard into the living room, and leaned back on the beam in the center of the room. He took off his helmet, and set it on the table before taking out a folded piece of paper from his pocket, and held it up.

"It's from Lauren," He said, and immediately Ray turned off the tv, to Frank's dismay.

"Hey!" Frank cried, frowning. "I was watching that!"

"The cat gets the pussy in the end, " Gerard said, exasperated, rolling his eyes before turning to Pony again, and took the paper from his hand. I managed to get myself out of Frank's grasp, and walked over to Pony and Gerard, looking over Gerard's shoulder as he unfolded the paper, and began reading it out loud.

"Meesa fine guys...yousa might have founded messa is with Better Living Industries, but meesa is no, it's a act, all a act. Meesa plan ta bring theesa shit down from da inside, gathering secret information and files to make meesa brudda and theesa company go boom. But meesa need yousa help, guys. Meesa need yousa ta let meesa know what meesa need ta get, and meesa will get it to yousa. Meesa wish yousas are good and meesa love all yousa, so much. Meesa be back before yousa even know." He sniffed. "P.S. Meesa love yousa, Mikey, don't yousa forget."

"What the fuck kind of note is that?" Pony asked, rubbing his eyes. "My brain hurts."

"Only us Star Wars fanatics understand, Pony," Frank said from the couch. "It's okay."

"I think I understood it..." Ray said slowly, narrowing his eyes, and I nodded.

"Me too, but I missed a few things." I said, and looked at Gerard, who was still lost in thought, trying to decipher it. I swore I saw the gears turning in his head. His bottom lip was tucked into his mouth, his small teeth biting down on it, lost in thought. He narrowed his eyes, then groaned.

God damn it," he said, letting out a sigh, and turned to the hallway. "MIKEY!" He yelled, and we heard Mikey's door squeak open, followed by his voice.

"What?" he asked, sounding awkwardly interested, yet still saddened.

"It's Lauren," I said, and he came rushing out of his room and towards us, moving the longer parts of his hair out of his face with his hand and took the note out of his brother's hand, and read it out loud, translating it.

"All is fine guys, I’m alive. You may have found out already that I am with Better Living Industries, but I’m not, it’s an act, it’s all an act. I plan to bring this shit down from the inside, gathering secret information and files to make my brother and this company crumble down. But I’m going to need your help guys, I need you to let me know what I need to get, and I’ll get it to you. I hope you guys are good and I love you all, so much. I’ll be back before you know it." He looked up at me before reading the last part, without even looking at the paper.

"P.S I love you Mikey, don’t forget that.” He finished, and blinked, looking back down at the paper, then back up at me again.

"There are tear stains on this," he said quietly. "She really meant everything she said..." He looked around the room to all of us, and ended with me again.

"Cy, she's still alive..." He said, slightly smiling, the corner of his mouth rising. "You were right all along..." He put the note in his pocket, and wrapped his arms around me, bending down and hugging me tight.

"I told you, Mikes," I comforted, patting his back, looking at Gerard for help, but he just shrugged. Mikey wouldn't let me go, no matter how hard I tried to pry him off me. Eventually, I gave up, and let him stay attached to me until he let go himself, smiling.

"Cy, I can't even thank you enough..." He said sincerely, looking into my eyes with his hazel ones. I looked right back into his, and noticed that one spot on his right eye that was permanently completely brown. I smiled, and lightly punched his shoulder.

"Aw, Mikey, I didn't do anything at all," I said, and looked at Gerard, who was smiling at the both of us.

"So let me get this straight," I heard Frank say, and I turned around to see him stumbling to stand up. "Lauren wants to take BL/ind down from the inside, right?" I nodded, and he continued, rubbing the back of his head. "Well that's all dandy and whatever, but how exactly are we going to do that?"

"That's where I come in," Pony said, raising his hand. "I talked to Lauren before she gave me the note."

"What did she say?" Mikey and Gerard asked at the exact same time, then looked at each other, confused. I laughed at their reactions; Gerard had shifted his eyes around after they both spoke, and made his duck face again, but Mikey just stared at his brother intently, his eyes narrowed and his lips pursed. Pony chuckled and continued.

"You two, I swear," he said. "But seriously, though. Lauren wants to get information about BL/ind to you guys."

"How is that going to work?" Ray asked from the couch. Pony smirked.

"She said she's going to work undercover, and steal shit from them," he said. "Shit like blueprints, recipes for drugs, files on the workers and Scarecrows...shit like that, you know?"

"And how is all of that going to get here?" Gerard asked. "It's not like we can drive out there every time she finds something." I nodded, and saw Pony smirk again.

"Why the hell do you think I'm here?" He asked, patting Gerard's shoulder. "I'm the middle man, bro."

"You sure you want to do this?" Frank asked. "You're gonna be going back and forth non-stop, risking your own life every day, for us?"

"Hey, man, anything to take BL/ind down at least one notch, I'm all for it," He said, shrugging. "Plus Dr. D's ran out of things for me to do, so I'm, like, super fucking bored lately anyways."

"Well, if you're up for it, it would mean so much to have you help us out," Gerard said, and Pony nodded, and saluted.

"At your service!" He joked, winking.

"Okay, so now we have the transportation of good out of the way," Frank said, hobbling over to us and wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "What happens if we get caught?"

"We won't," I said. "We just won't."

"Lauren wouldn't allow that to happen," Mikey said, and I thought I saw a hint of a smirk on her face. "If I know my Lauren, she's going to steal exactly what we need, without anyone catching on to her in the slightest."

"See?" I said, looking at Frank, who still seemed slightly on edge. "Nothing to worry about, okay, babe?"

"All right..." He said, and frowned. "I just don't want anything else to happen, you know?"

"Yeah," Gerard said. "But Lauren's the best at this kind of stuff, Frank. She's never going to get caught." Mikey nodded.

"All right..." Frank said. I could tell he was still worried about the whole thing, but I knew that eventually he would calm down about it all, and realize what Gerard and Mikey were saying was true. Lauren WAS the best when it came to Recon missions, and this plan was fool proof.

"So when's the next time she's expecting you, Pony?" Ray asked.

"Hell if I know," he replied, scratching his head. "But I should probably go check on her in a bit, yeah?"

"Please," Mikey said. "And let me know how she is everytime you come back, okay?" Pony nodded, and began rolling out the door again, but Mikey stopped him.

"Wait!" He cried, and took a piece of paper from the table, and scribbled something on it before folding it and giving it to Pony. "Give this to her, I want her to see this, okay? Please..."

"You got it," Pony said, but Gerard took the pen from Mikey and took the paper and scribbled something else on it.

"Way to ruin my note, bro," Mikey said, disgusted. Gerard just rolled his eyes and gave the paper to Pony, who tucked it in his pocket, and saluted.

"See you guys on the flipside," he said, and began blading away, leaving two trails of dust behind him.

"BE CAREFUL!" Gerard yelled through cupped hands, and sighed., looking down at me. "I really hope this works..." He said, sounding slightly unsure. I smiled at him.

"Gee, don't worry, it'll work," I said, patting his arm. "Trust me."

"What did you write, anyways?" Frank asked, curious. Mikey looked embarrassed as he spoke, kicking a rock in front of him.

"It's personal..." He said, and I smiled.

"Aw, Mikes...you are too adorable," I said. "No wonder she likes you so much."

"Whatever," Gerard said. "I told her to look for the other boxes like Frank's. You said that there's got to be one for all of us, right?" He asked, and I nodded.

"Most likely," I said, and took Frank's hand, walking back into the shack, to see Ray reading the newspaper on the couch, feet up on the table. I smiled, and took Frank into his room, lied him down, and snuggled up next to him. He was silent for a few minutes, but then spoke, slowly.

"Cy?"

"Yeah?"

"I really hope this works..." I adjusted myself, getting onto my side, putting my elbow on the bed and held the side of my head in my hand, looking at him.

"Frank, everything will be fine," I said, and lightly kissed his lips. "I swear on my soul, everything will be okay."

"That's pretty intense, Cy," He said, and I just smiled.

"I'm that confident, babe," I replied, and kissed him again. He kissed back, but then mumbled something as our lips collided. I leaned back.

"What?" I asked, and he just smirked.

"Can I have that Danger Cy that I saw earlier tonight?" He asked, half-joking. I rolled my eyes, and climbed on top of him, our bodies pressing together, and kissed his mouth aggressively, biting his lip to get it open more, and jammed my tongue down his throat, breathing through my nose. I felt him smile, and he put his hands on my waist, rubbing up and down my body, and eventually rolled me over onto my back, and straddled me.

"Frank, your foot--"

"Ssshh..." he just whispered, and put his lips to mine, shutting me up, and slid his tongue across mine. It escalated, and before we knew it he was pressed up against my body, so close I felt his breath on my skin as he kissed my neck, biting my earlobe slightly.

"Frank..." I breathed. "I thought you wanted me to be the crazy one--"

"I changed my mind..." He whispered in my ear, and began crushing his pelvis into mine in an even rhythm, lifting his head up slightly, his mouth open.

"Frank, hold on--" I said, and tried to lift him up off of me, but a little too quickly. I caught him off guard, and he rolled off of the bed, crushing his broken foot between the bed and the mattress, and just lied there, the top half of his body on the floor, his good leg across the bed, and his bad one stuck in the space between the mattress and the bed frame, howling in pain.

"GOD FUCKING DAMN IT CY THIS HURTS SO BAD!" HE cried, bending forward to try to unwedge his foot, but the cast was so bulky, it wouldn't budge. I didn't know what to do; I just sat there on the bed, freaking out, listening to Frank let out a long string of swear words.

"MOTHER FUCKING COCK SUCKER GOD DAMN IT SON OF A BITCH GET THIS FUCKING CAST OF RIGHT NOW!" He bellowed, his eyes squeezed closed in pain, his hands in the air by his head. I nodded, and crawled across the bed, and tried to unwedge his foot, but it wouldn't move.

"ANY FUCKING DAY NOW!" He yelled, and I saw Gerard appear in the doorway, looking horrified, followed by Ray and Mikey.

"What the fuck is going on?" Gerard asked, eyes wide, horrified at what he was seeing. He ran over to Frank and knelt down next to him, looking at the scene in front of him.

"I was just putting Revenge to bed..." Gerard said, wincing. "and I heard a yell from in here, and I came rushing in--"

"SHUT UP AND HELP!" Frank cried, eyes still closed. Gerard stopped talking and nodded, pushing me out of the way from Frank's wedged cast, and took out his ray gun, and shot the cast point blank, making it explode into pieces. I flinched from the gun shot, and squeezed my eyes closed at I heard the blast, and heard Frank moan a sigh of relief, and saw him curl his body forward, and gingerly took his foot from the space, and set it on the floor, wincing.

"Mother fucker...." He said, letting out a deep breath. "That. was. hell." He patted Gerard on the back, and managed a painful smile. "Thanks, man." Gerard looked at him, concerned, and nodded.

"You okay, yeah?" He asked, and Frank nodded back, looking at me angrily.

"I will be, eventually," He said. "Help me up." Gerard nodded, and grabbed him by the armpits, and threw him onto the bed next to me, and carefully put his injured leg on the bed after. I tried to wrap my arm around Frank's but he shrugged me off. I just sat there, mouth agape, dumbfounded. What had I done wrong?

"Uh, not that I care, but how exactly did this happen...?" Ray asked from the doorway.

"Long story short, I was pushed off the bed," Frank said curtly, looking at me as he spoke. "But I'm going to be okay now. Thanks guys." Gerard nodded, patting his shoulder before shrugging at me, a sympathetic look on his face, and left the room, followed by Mikey and Ray. After I knew we were alone again, I tried touching Frank again, but he still didn't want me to. He turned away from me on his side.

"Good night, Cy," He said, still angry. I didn't respond. I just lied there, staring at the ceiling until I knew he was asleep, then quietly crawled over him, and left the room, making sure I made no sound, and went to Gerard's room, and knocked on the door.

"Come in," I heard from inside, and I slowly opened the door, seeing him lying on his bed, reading a really old copy of the Watchmen comic. I smiled shyly, and leaned against his desk.

"Watchmen?" I asked, and he nodded, still focused on the pages.

"Yeah," He said. "One of the first comics I ever read." He looked over to me. "I love it."

"Me too," I said, smiling, tugging at a ragged nail on my finger; a habit of mine that I did when I was worried about something. Apparently, Gerard knew this, because he set the comic down on his chest, and motioned me to come over and lie down with him.

"Come on, let's talk about it," He said, motioning his head for me to join him, and I obliged. I crawled over him, and threw myself onto my back next to him, hands on my stomach, staring at the ceiling. He tossed the comic on his nightstand, and turned to face me.

"What's wrong?" He asked, and I just shook my head.

"Nothing, it's just...Frank...i think he's mad at me."

"Why?"

"Because as we were making out, I sort of...threw him off the bed..." I turned to look at Gerard, who was surprisingly mature about this; there was no hint of a smirk or a smile on his face. He was completely stone faced, listening to what I was saying, every word.

"How exactly did that happen?" He asked me. I shrugged.

"I don't even know," I said, in all honesty. "One minute everything was perfect, the next, I am throwing him off the bed for really no reason, and his foot gets stuck, and it's all my fault..." I pause, and see that Gerard looked extremely sympathetic towards me. His eyes were soft, and face was smooth, no hint of laughter or anger or anything showing. He licked his lips, and squeezed my hand.

"Cy...he doesn't HATE you," He said, smiling. "He was just in pain, you know?" I nodded.

"I guess..." I said. "But still, I feel bad for freaking out on him, and not doing shit to help, you know?" Gerard nodded, and nuzzled his head on my shoulder.

"Cy, if it makes you feel better, you can sleep here tonight," he said. "I promise nothing will happen."

"Aw, Gee, you're too sweet," I said. "But Frank's gonna think differently, and--"

"Cy, if he's treating you like this right now, don't put up with his shit," He said, lifting his head up and becoming serious all of a sudden. "I mean it. Cy, you are too good of a person to have this shit thrown on you, and quite frankly I think he's acting like a baby."

"I would be like that too if I was in pain, and the one person you trust didn't even do shit to help..."

"Cy, stop, please..." He said. "Don't be so hard on yourself..." He smiled, and lied back down, squeezing my hand again. I squeezed back, and smiled.

"For you, Gee, I will," I said, and turned my head to look at his, and he did the same.

"Thanks," He said. "Just sleep, okay?" he added. "Just sleeeeeeep, Cy. Just sleeeeep." He pet my hair as he sang me this lullaby.

"Okay," I said, nodding, and suddenly felt a wave of fatigue fall over me, and before too long, I had fallen asleep, my arm wrapped around Gerard's stomach, my head on his chest, rising and falling with his even breaths.