Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

So Shut Your Eyes, Kiss Me Goodbye, and Sleep (Electronic Joker)

I woke up from shuffling sounds echoing in my ears, and I can tell as soon as I open my eyes that I’m not fully recovered yet. I open my eyes to see Mikey running from one end of the room to the other, picking stuff up, putting stuff down, and writing things. I sit up slightly and rub my eyes, yawning audibly.

“Uh…babe?” I ask in the middle of a yawn and he makes me jump by jumping himself, jolting to face me, dropping a notepad but picking it up again and almost falling over in the process, which makes me giggle slightly.

“What are you doing you nutter?” I laugh, patting the spot beside me on the bed for him to sit down, he smiles lightly and slumps down, letting out a loud sigh.

“Seriously though, what were you doing?” I turn to him, linking my arm in his.

“Uh-uh…paperwork.” He stutters, closing the notebook he has in his hands and putting it onto the bedside table before turning on his side to face me, stroking my cheek lightly.

“Paperwork? Wha—“ he stops my questioning with a deep kiss, changing the subject in a different but awesome way, moving his lips against mine and I get lost in it but he soon pulls away, smiling sweetly.

“You know…I seriously thought I had lost you.” He says quietly, I take his hand in mine, holding it lightly before kissing his cheek softly.

“I’m sorry…it was a fucking crazy idea, I know but hey, at least we got results, huh?” I smirk at him and he raises his eyebrow at me, looking confused.

“Results…what results? We got you out before you could get any information.” He says, adjusting his glasses. I smirk at him still, gesturing for him to look in my jacket hanging on the bed. He understands and grabs it from the bed, reaching in and pulling out paper after paper of confidential BL/ind information before turning his head, a bigger smirk than mine on his face.

“Oh, you’re good.” He chuckles, “I gotta show Gerard these.” He says, getting up off of the bed and heading for the door but I stop him by speaking,

“Oh I’ll come with you.” But before I can get off of the bed, Mikey has jumped back on the bed and laid me down again,

“Sleep.” He whispers before pecking my nose lightly and climbing off of the bed again, grabbing the notebook from the side and walking out of the room going one way, then in the opposite direction about two seconds afterwards.

I laugh to myself again, not getting over the fact of how adorable Mikey was. I decide that I shall sneakily go against Mikey’s will and go and see Ray for a bit. I haul myself out of bed, wincing at the still searing pain in my back, but manage to shuffle into the living room, practically falling onto a seat at the table opposite Ray.

“Shouldn’t you be resting?” he asks, looking up from his paper and smirking at me slightly.

“Yes, but I’m not.” I smirk back, getting a chuckle in response. “Hey, do you know what’s up with Mikey?” I ask him and see his paper rise above his eye line.

“What do you mean?” he asks back, taking a sip of his coffee.

“I mean, he’s been acting…busy.” Ray chuckles again, smiling behind his paper.

“Well maybe he’s just busy then.”

“Yeah, but with what? He said ‘paperwork’ but—“

“So what happened to Exploder in the end?” Ray interrupted. Why does everyone keep doing that? He folds up his paper and places it down on the table.

“Uh…I don’t know, one minute he was shooting Cyanide in the heart, the next he’s nowhere to be seen…should have killed him when I had the chance.” I sigh, rubbing at my forehead. “Now he really wants my head on a stick…especially when he finds out that I took all those papers…”

“It’s alright,” Speaks Ray softly, taking my hand in his. “We won’t let him get to you, ever.” I smile lightly.

“Thank you Ray.”

“Now come on,” he says, pulling me up by the hand he took and leading me to my room. “You need rest.”

“Uh, how did I know you were going to do that? You trap-setter.” I laugh as he drags me into my room and closes the door as he leaves, waving sarcastically; I stick my tongue out at him, jokingly as he disappears behind the door.