Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

I Would Drive to the End With You

I didn’t sleep when Ray left me, I couldn’t. I had too much on my mind, thinking about Mikey and what is up with him, and also…thinking about Gerard. I’ve been worried about him for a while…the way he looks at Cy, I know he still has feelings for her.

I push the warm sheets off of my body, hauling myself out of the bed, rubbing the hole in my back and wincing at it still stings. I sigh at it before grabbing my jacket from the bed and pulling it on myself, I walk out of the room, looking left then right before making my way to Gerard’s room, knocking twice on the door, pushing it open slightly and I see him sprawled out across the bed, his arms across his face.

“Gerard…? Can I talk to you?” I ask, poking my head through the door and I see him arms move from his face slightly to look at me before he nods and goes back to his previous position as I walk in, closing the door behind me and sit next to him on the bed.

“Hey.” I say, turning my head towards him slightly.

“Hey…” I hear him mumble back through his arms. I take them from his face as I hear him sniff. He sits up, rubbing at his hair. “What was it you wanted again?” he asked, bringing his knees to his chest and folding his arms on top of them.

“Just to talk…Gerard I’m worried about you.” I say as I watch him fiddle with his hair, straightening it out with his fingertips.

“Worried? There’s nothing to be worried about.” He chuckles shakily, not taking his eyes off of his fingers. I take his hands from his hair, holding them in mine and he looks up at me.

“Gerard…” I say, “look at me in the eyes and tell me you don’t have feelings for Cy.”

Automatically his face drops from mine, his eyes meeting the sheets instead of my eyes and he mumbles under his breath.

“I can’t do that…”

We both jump and I let go of Gerard’s hands as two loud knocks occur from the door behind us, we jolt our heads towards it to see Ray’s head appear from behind it.

“Lauren, Mikey wants you.” He says, smiling widely and I see it widen even more when his gaze turns to Gerard who is now beaming back at him.

I raise my eyebrow at the two before getting up, squeezing Gerard’s hand again lightly, then walking past Ray, grabbing my jacket from the bed and pulling it on myself.

“What is up with everyone today?” I chuckle under my breath and hear Ray giggle behind me as they both follow me into the living room where I almost collide with Mikey.

“I was thinking I could take you out?” Mikey said, gesturing a bright blue helmet towards me. “For a picnic maybe?” I smile, taking the helmet from his hands, kissing him lightly on the cheek as I do, putting it under my arm.

“I’d love that.”

He smiled back, holding out his hand to me and I take it, my face still beaming up to him. He leads me into the living room completely and we stop in front of the others who are gathered on the sofa, watching the small television. I see Cy look down at the helmet under my arm and smile.

“We’re going out for a while.” Said Mikey, pulling on his helmet. Cy walked from Frank’s arms and towards me, hugging me lightly, carefully as to miss my back.

“Have fun.” She smiled as she pulled away, “And be careful.” She finished and I nod as she walks over to Mikey, whispering something to him and I see him nod. I’m distracted from this scene as I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn to face Ray, my attention falls to him and the picnic basket he places in my arms.

“Thanks Ray.” I smile, he nods and kisses me lightly on the cheek before sitting back down. Why was everyone being so dramatic today? I mean sure, it’s nice and all but we’re just going out for a picnic.

“Later guys.” Mikey smiled behind his helmet and waved at them, taking my hand and leading me out of the door, me waving the others goodbye as he does.

We walked out into the bright sunlight and I pull on my helmet opening the visor. I follow him as he leads me around the back of the shack and to a tall, dark motorbike leaning against the side door. Mikey walked over to it, sweeping some of the dust and sand off of it gracefully as he pulled it away from the door, rolling it out to the side of me and straddling it.

He lifted his visor, smiling at me. I smiled back at him as I walked up to the bike and saw him gesture his arm towards the picnic basket in my arms,

“I’ll take it.” He said, taking it from my arms and hanging it over his own.

“You sure?” I ask, placing my hands on his shoulders and throwing my leg over the bike seat, eventually hauling myself up onto it. I see him nod out of the corner of my eye, he looks behind him slightly,

“You okay?” he asks, putting the keys in the ignition. I nod before slapping down my visor and wrapping my arms around his thin frame.

He smiled before turning back and twisting the keys, sending the engine roaring. He slapped down his own visor and pushed at the handle bars a couple of times before pulling away from the shack, skidding as he does a complete u turn and speeds off down the road, dust and sand spurting from behind us.

I look ahead of me; the sun was just due to set, hopefully we’ll make it to wherever we’re going in time to watch it.

“How are you doing?” I just about hear him shout, I nod.

“Great!” I giggle, entwining my hands on his stomach, resting my head on his back. I adored the intimacy of this.

We ride for around half an hour before Mikey pulls up by the side of the road, next to a big cliff side, he rests the bike against a boulder before taking off his helmet as I do, watching his blonde streaks sweep across his perfect face as he gazes towards the edge of the cliff, his eyes squinting delicately against the quiet wind. He turned to me, smiling lightly, I smiled back, running my hand through his hair, pushing it back from his face before kissing him tenderly, stroking my thumb across his jaw line.

I pull away, grabbing the basket from his arm and jumping straight of the bike, running ahead of him towards the cliff side. I hear him chuckle and the sound of him jumping off the bike as I arrive at the edge of the cliff, placing the basket down and then myself, hanging my legs over the side, staring into the nothingness ahead of me.

I feel him approach me from behind and kneel down, wrapping his arms around my waist, resting his head on my shoulder, looking out into the nothingness too, before speaking,

“I bet you’re fucking starving.” He laughs as he felt me nod frantically before releasing me and sitting next to me, riffling through the picnic basket.

“You have no idea.” I say, taking the wrapped up sandwich he offers me, unwrapping it quickly, taking a huge fucking bite before letting out a groan as I swallow it. I hear him laugh at this and so do I as I take another bite, savouring it.

“I fucking love food.” I laugh, grabbing a water bottle from the basket, seeing him nod in agreement, chewing at his own sandwich as I take a long swig of water, downing half of the bottle.

We devour all of the picnic in about ten minutes flat, and we sit, cross legged facing each other, just talking. I can about everything and anything with Mikey, he’s someone who understands me, understands my feelings; we have so much in common it’s unreal.

“So you went to a concert instead of your prom?” I ask, eating the last of the mini sausages, he nods, smiling wide, swallowing a load of them. “I LOVE YOU. I would have done the same to be honest, that is if I ever got to go to my prom...I got kicked out of school before I had a chance to not go.”

“Why did they kick you out anyway?” he asks, laying down on the sand, I shuffle closer towards him, laying myself next to him, feeling the still warm sand against my still sore back.

“Ugh…well they started to realise my rebellion against Better Living Industries, the school’s were ran by the them anyway so…they told me to run, or die.” I sigh, Mikey scoffs.

“Oh, that’s nice.” He says sarcastically.

“Tell me about it.” I laugh, wrapping my fingers around his. We lay in silence for a while, just enjoying each others company before Mikey breaks the silence.

“Look…I…uh…I wanted to talk to you about something…” he asks, still looking up to the skies before he leans up on his elbow, taking off his sunglasses, looking down into my eyes. I start stroking his cheek lightly before speaking.

“What’s up?” I ask, he takes my hand from his cheek and holds it lightly in his.

“I just…how do I do this?” I look up a him, confused before he continues, “You know I love you…so much.” I nod, leaning up on my own elbows.

“And I love you.” I smile at him, looking into his hazel eyes as he speaks.

“I just…I want us to be more than this Lauren…” he says as he lets go of my hand, standing up from his place and reaching into his pocket, and I think I know where this is going. I sit up completely, and watch him as he goes down on one knee, my mouth gaping open slightly at the scene before me.

“Lauren…” he says, finally removing his hand from his pocket to produce a small red velvet box, and I swear my heart skips a beat as he opens it and I see the sparkle of white diamond glimmering in the desert sun. “Will you marry me?”

I realize I’ve stopped breathing.

“Holy shit Mikey…” I finally say, “YES!” I shout, jumping into his arms, squeezing him tightly as he does to me before pulling me away and lifting up my hand, sliding the beautiful gleaming ring onto my left ring finger.

“Holy crap.” I say, laughing lightly, staring down at the shining diamond before looking up at his beaming face and leaning in, kissing him passionately, pulling his head towards mine as he slides his tongue into my mouth, massaging around it lightly, entwining his hands in my curls before pulling away.

“Awesome.” He smiles, planting a light kiss on my lips again and I giggle, looking back down at the ring as he gathers up all the picnic stuff, throwing it into the basket.

“How did you even get this?” I say, stroking my finger across the cold diamond, surrounded by other small diamonds.

“Gerard found it for me, no idea where.” He says, closing up the basket and hanging it back around his arm.

“He knew about this?!” I laugh, standing up and taking his free hand in mine.

“They all did!” he laughs back as we walk hand in hand back to the motorcycle.

“Cheeky bastards.” I laugh as we clamber onto the bike, realizing why they had acted the way they did earlier. I wrap my arms around his waist tightly as he sits in front of me and he spins around in the seat, wrapping his own arms around me,

“I love you.” He whispers into my ear, his fringe tickling it lightly.

“I love you too.” I kiss his cheek lightly, trailing my lips across it to his lips, pressing mine hard against his own and I feel his hands arrive at my neck, pulling my head towards his as our lips move against each others. I pull away after a few minutes, leaving my forehead rested against his and my arms wrapped around his waist.

“Come on you.” He smiles lightly before pecking my lips once more and spinning back around on the bike, pulling on his helmet, as do I and we ride back to the shack, me hugging him tightly from behind all the way back.