Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

Price You Pay (Electronic Joker)

“Come on baby, you have to wake up…it’s too long…baby you’re scaring me…” whispered Mikey as he stroked back Lauren’s fringe from her face, planting small kisses on her forehead and cheeks. Mikey felt a hand on his shoulder and watched as a tear rolled off his nose and onto Lauren’s jacket.

“Mikey…she’s been out for the whole night now…it’s four in the morning.” It was Ray who spoke in his reassuring voice but it didn’t work on Mikey.

“I can’t…I can’t leave her to go and rest, what if she wakes up? What if she wakes up and she’s in pain?” Mikey said, desperation showing on his face more than ever as he clung onto Lauren.

“Dude that’s not what I mean…I mean she’s been out for too long.” Spoke Ray, kneeling down next to Mikey, his arm still around his shaking shoulder. Mikey’s face fell. “You said she had concussion right?” he asked and got weak nod from Mikey in return, “I’m so sorry Mikey…shit…” Ray trailed off as he placed a hand over Lauren’s, wincing slightly at how cold it was.

“What? What…what is it Ray?” Mikey turned to face him; Ray saw his tear stained face and squeezed his shoulder.

“The only thing I can think of…she must have fallen into a coma.” He said, biting his lip and felt himself tear up.

“What did you say?” another voice said as Cyanide walked up behind them, followed by the three other Killjoys, positioning themselves around Lauren once again.

“I said she’s fallen into a coma…” he repeated, looking cautiously up to the others. Gerard shook his head violently, his hand on his forehead.

“What? No, that’s…what…she can’t just…” he managed through tearful eyes. Cyanide heard him sniff, and she wrapped her arms around him, tears falling from her own eyes as well.

“Gerard you know it’s true…what else could it be?” Ray said, still holding Lauren’s stone cold hand in his as he looked back down at her. “A serious case of concussion can sometimes lead to this. It’s rare but...it happens.”

“What do we fucking do…GODDAMN IT! WHAT DO WE DO?” Shouted Mikey, kicking the sofa as he stood up, burying his head in his hands as he cried, his hands muffling his sobs. Gerard approached him before bringing his brothers head to his chest, letting him cry there, holding him close against him.

“Ray?” he asked as he leant his chin on his brothers head to look over at Ray.

“I don’t know…I honestly I…we can’t keep her alive, when someone’s in a coma they have to be hooked up to tons of hospital shit or they’ll never wake up…we don’t have any of that stuff.”

“FUCK!” Shouted Cy, slamming her hand onto the pole in the middle of the shack, leaning her forehead against it.

“We don’t do we?” said Frank obviously, the others noticed a small smirk playing on his lips.

“Well no, that’s what I just said.” Replied Ray, cocking his head to Frank in confusion.

“But someone else might have…and I think I know who.” The smirk that had been playing on his lips had now formed a full frontal smile on his face. Everyone was now staring at Frank in confusion; Mikey’s head lifted up from his brothers chest.
_______________________________________________________________________

“Frank, you’re a genius and all...but this is crazy.” Gerard said as he got into the driver’s seat of the Killjoy’s car, Cyanide clambering in beside him, nodding in agreement. Frank rolled his eyes at them as he jumped on the back of the car.

“Think about it, even you said yourself that BL/ind's got their shit together, they're bound to have the technology to keep her alive until she wakes up." he chuckled. "Hell, they might even be able to wake her up straight away. It’ll work, trust me.” He winked at him before disappearing out of sight, Gerard sighed, looking behind him to see Mikey placing Lauren gently down on the backseat. He watched her head fall to the side as Mikey caught it, placing it on his chest before kissing the top of her head, stroking her hair gently.

Gerard bit his lip as he turned away from the scene to face Cy, who managed a smile.

“He really fucking loves her…" he said, covering one of his eyes with his hand and rubbing his face. "Shit, Cy, what are we gonna do if she doesn’t…” he trailed off in a hushed voice in order to prevent Mikey from hearing.

“Gerard," Cy replied, shaking her head. "she will make it. She’s a fighter, you me both know that…hell, we all know that,” she lightly took Gerard’s hand off of his face into hers, squeezing it reassuringly before continuing. “we have to keep the faith.” She smiled at him sweetly before leaning in, kissing him tenderly.

“Guys…can we go please?” asked Mikey, his voice weak and slightly hoarse. The two pulled away from each other as Gerard looked over at his brother once again, nodding once and giving him a reassuring smile.

“You okay?” he asked him. Mikey nodded his head slightly, his eyes falling as he rested his head on Lauren's, stroking her cheek as he closed his eyes, a tear falling from one of them.

Gerard knew he wasn’t okay at all as he turned back, setting the engine roaring immediately and they raced off towards BL/ind headquarters once again, but this time the Killjoys weren’t going to fight…they were going to ask for help.

_______________________________________________________________________

The desperate Killjoys finally arrived at the headquarters; the ride was in complete silence, the air filled with worry and desperation that of which all the Killjoys were feeling as they drove towards the HQ. Poison and Cyanide’s hands remained entwined on Cy’s thigh for the duration of the journey and rather frequently Gerard would glance into the mirror to check on his little brother, his position remained the same throughout the drive.

The Killjoys did not expect what they encountered as they arrived at the end of the bridge leading to the HQ; they were greeted by a smiling and waving Exploder.

“Oh fucking great.” Stated Ray, slamming his fist on the front of Gerard’s seat. Gerard looked back to Ray, his mouth opened in shock.

“Dude this is NOT going as planned.” He said as he pulled up a few meters away from Exploder.

“I didn’t think he’d be here to fucking greet us, Gerard.” Ray replied as they all climbed out of the car, Mikey pulling Lauren out, holding her tightly in his arms as he closed the door with his foot. Her limbs fell limply out of his grasp, hanging loosely.

The smile on Exploders face faded as he glanced a look at his sister, laying unconscious and coma ridden in Mikey’s arms. The Killjoys watched as Exploder started to march towards Mikey, his eyes on Lauren. The four Killjoys stepped forward to block his path, guarding their fellow comrade from his presence. Ray’s eyes were fixated on him sternly as he stops him by both shoulders.

“You stay the fuck away from her.” He practically growled at him, his mouth falling open as his hands get slapped away by Exploder.

“She is my sister.” He states, squaring up to Ray as the others watch intently at the scene before them.

“You’ve lost the right to be her brother, but there’s one act of kindness you can do for her. That’s the least you fucking owe her.” Replies Ray sternly, repeatedly blocking Exploder's way as he tries to dodge past him.

“I want to see her.” Exploder says, crossing his arms over his chest, tapping his foot on the concrete floor impatiently.

“Why?" Mikey’s voice occurs from behind them. "It’s not as if you care about her.” Ray turns to him, letting Exploder view Lauren in his arms. “You want to kill her, why do you act like you care about her so much?”

The other Killjoys turn back to Exploder who is chuckling lightly at the question he’s been given to answer.

“Because she’s all I’ve got left. I’m sure you know how that feels Kobra Kid…” he smirks as he glances a look at Gerard before turning back to him. Gerard bit his lip in anger, holding his tongue as Cy stares at Exploder, her face livid with anger, thirsting for revenge.

“But still,” Exploder continues, “One day, she’ll have to die, and I will be the one to kill her...I will be the one to kill all of you.”

“I’d like to see you try.” Laughs Frank, adjusting his mask on his head before placing his hands back into his pockets. Exploder scoffs at his remarks, entwining his fingers in front of his chest as he walks towards Frank slowly, his eyes on his feet as he walks and when he arrives, he lifts his head to look at Frank.

“Would you Fun Ghoul?” he began, “So what are you in this little gang then, huh? What’s your speciality? From what I’ve heard and partially seen…you like to fuck with other people’s relationships big time, don’t you?” smirked Exploder.

“Back the fuck off.” Frank growled through gritted teeth as he stared at Exploder intently, his eyes practically on fire.

“What are you going to do? Fuck me?” he laughed and Frank snapped, lunging forward to Exploder as Exploder shrieked, running backwards from him, Frank struggled Ray and Gerard hold him back, who tug at his arms to keep him from going any further with this.

Gerard whispered something into Frank's ear quietly, and Frank's face began to calm at every word spoken to him. Eventually, Ray and Gerard released his arms as he storms backwards to lean against the car, lighting a cigarette and frantically sucking at it, glaring at the scared Exploder.

Exploder eventually shrugged it off as he began walking towards Lauren, who still lay unconscious in Mikey’s arms; this time no one stopped him. Exploder reached his hand up to Lauren’s face but his actions are quickly stopped by Mikey’s voice.

“Don’t fucking touch her.” He said sternly, glaring at him from behind his glasses.

“Ooh....SORRY, lover boy.” He said sarcastically, keeping his hand hovering above her head, “but if you want my help, you better let me do what I want."

“No bullshit.” Mikey agreed, nodding hesitantly for him to proceed and he did, stroking Lauren’s forehead lightly as Mikey watched painfully, biting his lip as to keep him from protesting again.

“Okay, take her in boys!” Exploder shouted, suddenly pulling his arm away from Lauren’s forehead, walking backwards as he gestures for his Dracs to take her inside.

“Wait, what?” questioned Mikey, stumbling backwards from the forceful Dracs trying to retrieve Lauren from him.

“You want me to help her, you let me do it my way.” He said, turning back towards Mikey as he watches him let Lauren out of his own grip, into the arms of the Drac. It carried her inside the building as Mikey watched helplessly, his fists in tight balls as his gaze falls to his feet. Gerard arrived at his side to comfort him, wrapping an arm around his shoulder for comfort and reassurance.

“Of course, I have a price for my good deed.” Exploder added, looking at the brothers, his gaze then fixing on Mikey intently. Gerard noticed this, and looked to Mikey as well, whose gaze was strictly on Exploder.

“Whatever you want, just fucking save her.” Managed Mikey, glaring.

“You.” Exploder began, “Yes, I think that will do. I want you.” He said, a smirk playing on his lips.

“Come again?” asked Gerard, his grip on his brother tightening as he eyed Exploder furiously.

“You heard me," Exploder said, shrugging. "I want your brother in exchange for Joker’s life. If not then…well we’ll just forget this ever happened, and little Joker can sleep forever.” He smirked, his arms crossed against his chest like before as he played mind games with the Killjoys.

“Well fuck you to fucking Mars and back,” Gerard growled as he reached for his gun from his side, but froze as he heard Mikey’s speak quietly.

“No, Gerard,” he started, putting his own hand on his brothers shoulder. “I said whatever he wanted…he could have…and he wants me.” He turned to his brother and looked him in the eyes; Gerard’s were shining as he looked back at his brother, his eyebrows furrowed, as if about to cry. “Then so be it.”

“Mikey n--no…” stuttered Gerard as he watched his brother turn away from him and walk towards Exploder.

“You have five minutes for goodbyes and what nots.” He said, waving his hand off in one gesture as he turned and walked back inside of the building Lauren was taken in to. Mikey turned to his brother once again, looking at his feet as he spoke.

“If it’ll keep her alive...” he muttered.

“Mikey that’s not the point,” began Ray, stepping forward towards him as Mikey’s head rose up to look at him. “She won’t see you again…imagine what that’s going to do to her, knowing that she’ll never see you again…imagine what it’s going to do to you.” He said calmly, an arm slightly outstretched toward him.

“Mikey you can’t--you just can't do this.” said Gerard, rather sternly this time as he walked up to his brother quickly, grabbing his shoulders, shaking them slightly as he spoke, “LISTEN to me, Mikes...there’s other ways to have everything work...there has to be.”

“Gerard there’s no other—“

“WE'LL FIND ONE!" Gerard exclaimed, shaking him more violently. "Just…just…” Gerard trailed off as his forehead fell onto Mikey's shoulder, his gaze falling to ground beneath him.

“Gerard…if it was Cy, what would you do?" Mikey asked. "You wouldn’t just leave her to die, right?" He watched his brother’s head rise slowly as he listened on. “No, you wouldn’t. You’d do anything it took to save her. So that’s what I’m doing.”

“I love you Mikey…" Gerard said, wiping a tear from his eye, trying to smile. "We’ll get you out of there. I promise you that." His voice wavered slightly as he looked into his brother's eyes, his hands still placed firmly on his shoulders, hesitant to let go. After a few seconds of staring at his brother in silence, he wrapped his arms tightly around him, rocking him back and forth.

“I love you too, Gerard.” Mikey replied, stepping a couple of steps backwards from the Killjoys, looking at each of them in turn, “I love all you guys.”

Before anything else could be said, Cyanide had cracked, expelling a loud cry as she ran up to Mikey and chucking her trembling arms around him, her already damp face staining his shirt.

“Didn’t think you were leaving without a hug, did you?” she managed, squeezing him tightly.

Mikey chuckled, stroking her head before letting her go, soon to be replaced by Ray, patting his back hard a few times before speaking.

“We’ll get you back, buddy.” He said as they nodded at each other once. Soon Frank was in Mikey’s arms, patting his back also, they didn’t speak, just hugged.

Soon their goodbye time was over and Mikey trudged inside the building, the Killjoys standing helplessly on the bridge as they watched him, waving backwards a couple of times before he disappeared into BL/ind headquarters, as a captive in the hands of Exploder.