Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

They Say You've Been Pleading, Someone Save Us (Electronic Joker)

I tugged at the restraints holding me to the bed, feeling the thick leather as it cut through my skin, as I watched the Dracs drag Mikey away, much to his protest as he kicked and shouted at them to let him go.

“MIKEY! NO!” I screamed at the top of my voice, begging them to let him go. Soon, he was out of my sight, a long trail of fresh blood slashed across the floor left in his wake.

“LAUREN THE OTHERS ARE COMING!” I heard Mikey yell as much as he could in his state, “LAUREN THEY’LL COME—“. All I could hear now was the sounds of fists colliding with bodies and Mikey screaming in pain.

“MIKEYYYYYY!” I managed once more, then everything went silent. I didn’t stop tugging at the leather, no matter how much it hurt. I looked around the room for anything that could help, but saw nothing but hospital shit and the two Dracs who’d been left to guard me.

I sort of already worked out where I was and what had happened; I guessed I had fallen into a coma because of the massive concussion, and suffered from that blow and that fall. But why was Mikey here? And the others…Mikey said they’ll come, but they wouldn’t just leave Mikey on his own, would they? What had happened?

I gave up with the restraints, as if it was any use and I fell back down onto the bed, breathing heavily.

“Fucking shit…” I sighed, shuffling about on the bed uncomfortably, only to be greeted by the voice I dreaded to ever hear,

“So glad you’re awake sis, I really am…” Exploder began, my head shot to the doorway where he was standing, arms crossed as he leaned against the doorframe, a smirk playing on his lips.

“You said you’d let me go…Mikey kept his promise now keep yours.” I said, glaring at him angrily as he leapt from the doorframe, shoving his hands in his pockets as he walked towards me slowly before perching himself at the end of the bed I was on.

“Funny thing is I rarely keep my promises,” he smirked and with that I slammed my head back onto the bed in anger.

“FUCK!” I shouted, biting my bottom lip hard.

“Calm down sis, jesus.” He said, putting his hands out as if for protection from me, “I’ll let Mikey go at some point, but I’ll keep you…I want him to suffer,” he said, putting his hand on my leg and I flinched at his touch, giving him the evil eye.

“I want him to experience life without you for a bit, I want to watch him break down,” he continued, leaning closer towards me with every word, voice becoming sharper as he edged closer, “I want to watch him die inside as every day goes by without you.” Suddenly he pulled back, “Yep, that’s the plan.” He finished, clapping his hands together in satisfaction as he rose from the bed.

“Oh and to add to his long term suffering” he began again, spinning around again to face me, finger entwined in front of his chest, “I’m gonna have some fun with you, and I’m gonna film it and I’m gonna post it first class to him everyday. Oh, this is going to be great!” he said, clapping his hands excitedly like a child on Christmas morning.

“FUCK YOU!” I shouted, once again tugging at my restraints only to be greeted with more pain with every tug.

“Oh give it up sis,” he smiled, walking backwards again, “You’ve lost…just face it. Face the facts.”

“You’ll never win, Exploder.” I growled, wincing in pain from my wrists and ankles. I hear him laugh as he approaches the door,

“And if your little friends try and get in here, lets just say I have a special surprise set up for them,” he said, pointing with his finger at some pads on the floor where he was standing at the doorway, sensory pads, which as he pointed at them, I saw set off two bombs placed either side of door if stepped upon.

“But unluckily,” he spoke, bringing his hands to his chest again, “it’s only enough power to kill the one’s entering the room, not the people in the room, so you won’t die,” he frowned, but a smirk soon returned as he went on, “Only the Killjoys who try to save your pitiful life will.”

I couldn’t help but let the tears fall at this point, I couldn’t get out of this, the Killjoys couldn’t save me or they would die, Mikey will suffer and it’s my entire fault. Exploder spots my tears and stops just as he’s about to activate the sensory pads.

“Aw sis, don’t cry.” He says, turning back to face me, “I love you, you know that. I’ll treat you kindly…well as kindly as humanely possible, which…if you think about it these days, isn’t very humane at all.” He laughs again as he activates the pads and they begin to glow a dim yellow, difficult for the human eye to spot.

“I’ll be back later sis, to begin our fun!” he gleams at me before skipping out of the room and down the hallway and soon out of my sight.

I scream in anger again, pulling as hard as I can at the leather, but with no luck as I just fall back onto the bed again. I look around the room and spot that one of Dracs is glaring at me.

“What the fuck are you looking at?” I growl, his gaze returns ahead of him and I rest my head back.

I turn my head to my wrists as a pool of blood lies underneath them, biting my lip before lifting my head up to the Dracs.

“Uh, do you think maybe you could help? Sort of, you know, bleeding to death here.” I ask but get no answer from the Dracs as they remain in the same positions.

“Okay…” I trail off; my eyes soon find what I was looking for as I stare at the white camera, hiding in the corner of the room. “Hey, bro!” I shout towards it, I wait a couple of seconds and suddenly the camera turns from the doorway to face me.

“I’m fucking bleeding to death here! If I die your little plan won’t go ahead. Think about it.” I finish as I slam my head back down, sighing as I wait. A few minutes pass by as I rest my eyes but they soon jolt open as I feel a tug at my wrists. I bring my head up to see that one wrist has been relieved of the leather belts. I bring it up to my face but it’s quickly grabbed back by a Drac with blue hospital gloves covering his hands.

He inspects it before bringing a wet cloth to it, mopping up the blood from it rather roughly. I wince as he scraps at them.

“Hey, easy!” I warn him but he keeps going with the same pressure as before. Soon he had finished, my wrists and ankles clean and bandaged and back in their restraints before I knew it. I lay there, having had no clue what to do. I counted how long I had been when I heard it, the sound of lasers firing and bodies falling to the floor. A smile appeared on my lips but it soon faded when I realized…

“THE PADS!” I shouted without realizing as I shot up from the bed and threw my head to the door to see them, all four Killjoys here to rescue me like they always were, but this time it was different, I wasn’t going home.

“LAUREN! YOU’RE AWAKE!” Shouted Cy as she started running towards the room, but Gerard soon realized what I was talking about and ran after her, shouting for her to stop.

“NO CY, WAIT!” He shouted, pulling her by the shoulder to a halt, just as she reached the door. I watched as the Dracs lined up in front of the door, aiming their guns towards the Killjoys and in return the Killjoys did the same to them.

“The pads on the floor,” I stuttered, my wrists and ankles once again throbbing from the pressure of the belts, “they’re sensory pads, if you step on them you’ll set off the bombs. They’ll kill you instantly.” I watched as their faces fell as they aimed their guns at the Dracs,

“I’m so sorry guys…I fucked up again.” I said, hanging my head as I stared down at the bed.

“No.” began Frank as he stepped forward from behind the group, his gun also cocked and aimed at the Dracs but his gaze on me. “It’s not your fault at all, Lauren.” He said reassuringly before turning to Gerard beside him, “Gerard…there has to be some other way.”

I hear him talk to Gerard as I watch, “There is no other way, guys you have to get out of here, find Mikey and get the fuck out of here before they get you.”

“Fuck that!” shouts Ray, looking desperately over Gerard’s shoulder.

“Ray I’m sorry…guys just go, Mikey’s in one of the cells.” I say, I manage a smile but it’s not genuine and I see in their faces that they know they have to go.

“We’ll get you out.” Says Cy, she blows me a kiss before turning to Gerard, “Come on babe, we need to find your brother.” She says calmly, linking her arm in his as the group lowers their guns.

“Just find him for me, tell him I love him and I’ll see him soon, okay?” I say through muffled sobs, feeling the tears roll off my cheeks and nose.

“We love you, Lauren.” Says Ray quietly, giving me a sweet small smile before patting Frank on the back, making him jolt slightly as he sniffs. “Come on guys.” He says, turning around with Frank.

“I love you too.” I mumble as I watch my Killjoys turn away from me and half run, half walk down the hallway in search for Mikey, “OH AND GUYS!” I shout suddenly, my head shooting to the door once more. They all stop, turning towards me, waiting for me to speak. “If you get tapes sent to you, by god please don’t watch them, especially Mikey, please don’t let him watch them…” I trail off, the realisation of what is to happen to me hitting me.

Gerard nods once, I think he knows.