Status: Monthly Updates

Where Spirits Dwell

Chapter Four - The Naming

He woke up alone, in his room and inside his bed. The first thing he noticed was that he was alone, and that terrified him. Loneliness gripped him like an unbreakable vice. It came from the core of his being, a dark, endless chasm.

Then the woman specter appeared in front of him, instantly his worry vanished
.
“Good you’re awake. Now I can begin teaching you. You have a lot to learn and you must learn it swiftly, this world isn’t kind to people of your heritage.”

Jordan got up slowly, his eyes on this strange being, “I don’t think so. I’ve done what you’ve said up to this point but nothing is making sense to me. I’m not going any further until I get some answers. Plus I have work anyways.”

Jordan made a move to walk past her but she placed a hand on his chest, suddenly solidifying, all pretense of being incorporeal vanishing, “Fine, but you must trust me we don’t have much time. You don’t realize this yet but you have many enemies. Once they become aware of your presence you aren’t going to be safe. This will be your last day working here; you aren’t safe in this city. But that’s getting ahead of ourselves our first order of business is for you to name us.”

Jordan was listening to this entire dialogue and was already formulating his reply but her last sentence stumped him, “Name us…?” he asked, confusion evident in his voice.

“Yes name us. It’s a requirement of our pact. I need a name for you to call me and you are essentially a new person after the pact, choosing a new name symbolizes this.” She paused, waiting patiently.

Jordan’s head swam, any ideas for names deserting him. He stood there, seconds turning into minutes. His intuition telling him this choice was more important than he could understand. Then he decided to let that same intuition guide him. Once that decision was made, the names popped into his head, of their own accord.

“I’ve decided, my name from now on will be Jiordano. You will be known as Skylar.”
When the last few words fell from his lips he felt right, he had made the right choice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow I was being honest when I said I wasn't going to post much on this story... so I did not intentionally lie! This story is going to be more sporadic than my other ones though so don't kill me if I don't post in a while, for some random reason. But as I said before, comments saying how you want the story to continue does urge me to put more up and to work on it more so do so if you want this story to go faster! Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this short chapter :)