Status: In progress... Slow progress.

Purge

Prologue

Ryan ducked behind the burning car wreckage as the creature rounded the street corner and made its way towards the car park. He caught sight of Jamie, about fifty yards away from him, still out in the open.
“Jay!” He hissed, trying to keep his voice quiet, aware that the creature was now within earshot. “Jay! Get out of sight!”
Jamie looked over towards Ryan and hesitantly nodded. He had never seen him so spaced out, so lost. It was as if he had not quite caught up with the events going on around him. Like it was all too much. Then again, it was not surprising; Ryan was surprised any of them were still breathing, let alone sane.
He watched as Jamie located a smashed-in car window and clambered through it, disappearing within the dark, cramped confinements of the car. He risked a glance around his cover and saw to his horror saw that the creature was now in the car park. It was sniffing around the cars. It knew someone was there.
It was hunting them.
Sam and Tom were still hidden inside the petrol station across the street, whether or not they could see the creature Ryan did not know. All he knew was that the creature was nearing and if he did not move soon it would all be over.
There was a sudden crunch as the creature knocked against one of the cars up ahead, the metal bodywork caved in and the car alarm went off. The noise screamed out, echoing through the abandoned street. Ryan peered around the burning car once more to see the creature smash the wailing car with its forearm and hurl it an impossible distance across the car park.
The car came hurtling down metres behind Ryan with a deafening crash, landing on and crushing another car beneath it. Fragments of glass sprayed from the collision, some of it showering down on Ryan.
The creature, now seemingly more aggravated, began repeating the violent action against more cars, throwing them incredible distances as if they were toys. It was becoming impatient; it was not in the mood for hide and seek. Then the feared happened. The creature found Jamie’s car. It raised its arms, about to bring them down upon the car roof when it paused, noticing the small teenage boy inside.
Ryan’s eyes widened as he watched the creature grab the bonnet of the car with one hand and turn the entire wrecked vehicle on its side. He spotted Jamie come tumbling out of what was left of the rear window and land awkwardly on the cracked tarmac below. The creature threw the car over its shoulder and stared momentarily at Jamie, who appeared to be in shock. He was just lying, on the ground, head slightly raised, watching the giant creature near him in silent, motionless, terror.
Against his better judgment, Ryan could not bear to watch passively and leave his friend to his fate. Without quite knowing what he was doing he jumped up and began running towards what could well be his end.
♠ ♠ ♠
It might be edited later on, hope it grabbed your attention, even if it was just a little bit. Thanks for reading.