Introvert's Mind

neuf.

For someone who had never been one to party or drink, or do anything rash for that matter, he was doing quite a lot of all three these days. It was 10 o’clock and Thomas was already hammered, having done many shots, and always having a beer in one hand. He was far from the only one though; everyone was wasted, although the young man realized that Dakotah could handle her alcohol very well, she had drunk at least as much as he had but yet her eyes weren’t half closed and she wasn’t giggling at every single thing like the other girls. Actually, she looked as if she were merely a stranger to the party, as if she were in other world and she was watching them through a screen, she stood in the middle of the crowd but kept mostly quiet, her mouth curved into a smile and her eyes surveying everything, as if she were studying them. Thomas suddenly noticed that she was now looking straight at him, and he flushed, knowing that she saw him staring. Dakotah only smiled though and then turned her head back towards Joey, who had sharply grabbed her by the waist and smashed their mouths together. It wasn’t in the least romantic and disgusted Thomas, a girl like Dakotah Samuels deserved better than that, she deserved to be wooed, written love letters to, taken on date where they would gaze at the stars, but not this. The boy couldn’t look at it any longer and turned around sharply, just to hit the cup in Jenny’s hand and spilling it all over her clothes.

“I’m so sorry! Here, let me help you,” he stammered, suddenly aware that he could see Jenny’s nipples from under her shirt now that it was wet with what he thought was Sour Puss. She wasn’t wearing a bra, which did not help her to break the stereotype of hippie.

“It’s okay, accidents happen! But yeah, I’ll take the help, come help me clean up in the bathroom?” she asked, and Thomas noticed for the first time that she had beautiful blue eyes.

Before he even had time to answer to her proposition though, she had grabbed him by the sleeve and was leading him towards the small room in the cabin which was a bathroom, more or less. There was an old toilet and a sink with a mirror above it that was so dirty you had trouble seeing your reflection. Thomas went in before the girl and she closed the door behind him. He suddenly got the idea that maybe there was more to this than just cleaning her shirt. Jenny suddenly took her shirt off in one swift move.

“I better let it dry,” she just said, before taking the few steps that were separating them and pushing him against the wall, starting to kiss him full on the mouth. Yes, now he was certain that this wasn’t just about cleaning her shirt.

Thomas had never really kissed a girl. There had been that time in 2nd grade when Katie Belanger had kissed him in the school yard because she thought he looked like Harry Potter, but this was certainly not the same type of kissing. Her tongue was now inside of his mouth, her arms both sides of his head, making a sort of cage around him. But suddenly, Thomas realized, this was not time to think about well, anything. A pretty girl was seemingly very interested in him, why was he just standing there doing absolutely nothing. He didn’t have any practice, but he had seen movies hadn’t he? He clumsily put his hands on Jenny’s waist, pulling her closer. Thomas was certainly taking a liking to the effects of alcohol; he liked this feeling, of feeling weightless, as if there were no more worries in the world. But, just as Jenny had started sliding her hand nearer to his pants, the door flew open and Dakotah walked in, her hair more messed up than they were before, and Thomas thought he saw tears in her eyes. That was the first time he saw her looking anything other than in control of her emotions.

“Oh! I’m sorry for barging in, I’ll just leave.” she said quickly before backing out of the room. Jenny tried to kiss him again, her hand going back to his pants but the moment was over for him. He gently took her hands off of him, grabbed her shirt and gave it back to him.

“I can’t right now.”

“Why? Because of Dakotah?” Jenny asked, a hint of jealousy in her voice.

“She’s my friend. I want to be there for her when she’s not okay.” he replied, and it was that first moment that he realized. He was actually friends with Dakotah Samuels. With that thought, he got out of the bathroom and began his search for Dakotah.

From what he could see, she wasn’t anywhere in the camp, there wasn’t that many places to look so Thomas went outside. There was a couple making out next to the door and he ignored them, noticing that the girl was a red head. He then saw something he hadn’t seen before, being too focused on the camp itself. There was a lake behind it, maybe half a kilometer behind, it wasn’t that big but he noticed that there a dock, and that there was a figure on the dock. Thomas headed that way.
It was the new moon, so his path was only illuminated by the stars, and by the light of his phone. He heard crickets and frogs, there were probably a dozen animals looking at him right now from the security of the forest, trying to figure out if he was a threat or not. He finally reached the dock, after what felt like forever, he blamed that on all of the booze he had consumed. Thomas only saw the blonde hair and thin frame, but there was no mistaking who it was. The scent of weed helped him guess too.

“Thomas, I knew you’d come.” Dakotah said, not even bothering to turn around, that was how sure she knew it was him. He didn’t like being so predictable. “Come, sit beside me. I want to tell you a story.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave some comments! It's much appreciated, whether good or bad! xo