So Wrong

Chapter Three.

A week went by without a word from Kyle's father, and so Alex was starting to forget about the Ronnie fellow she had met at the park that day.

She had been drinking and smoking, as usual. Sophia was staying with Jeremy; they occasionally came by the apartment for a little while to visit, but Alex was never able to convince him to let Sophia stay the night. Leah came over a few times as well, but Alexandra was still painfully lonely without her little girl.

She took a swig of her Jack Daniels and felt her vision start to get fuzzy. She had already done a good amount of drinking, and it was only noon. She set the bottle down and went to the bathroom and stared at her reflection. She traced the colorful tattoos she had on her arm and smiled at them. They were from a much happier time. The orange rose on the inside of her arm was by far her favorite; she got it when she found out she was pregnant with Sophia. It represented how she was finally maturing and becoming a woman.

Then she lifted her eyes from her arms to her face. Her eyes were red from smoking weed earlier, and her face was a sickly pale color. She looked disgusting. "You are a fucking failure, Alexandra Marie Bouvier," she said to the face looking back at her.

"All you have to do is stop with this shit. Then Sophia would be back, hell, maybe even Jeremy would come back if you stopped smoking and drinking. You aren't supposed to be controlled." She ranted.

The sound of her phone ringing brought her out of her trance. She strode back into the living room and glanced at the number calling her. It wasn't a recognized one, but she answered it nonetheless. "Hello?"

"Hi, is this Alexandra?" The voice asked.

"This is she, may I ask who's calling?" She replied.

"Oh yeah, sorry," the man chuckled, "it's Ronnie, my nephew and your daughter played at the park sometime last week."

"Oh! Wow, I'm surprised I didn't recognize your voice," she chuckled, "what's up?"

"I am sitting here and Kyle is complaining that I'm too boring and that he wants to do something, so I was wondering if you'd like to meet up with your little one so they can play." He offered.

Alex smiled. "That sounds like fun, I just have to call Sophie's dad and see if I can get her over here. She's with him right now," she answered.

"Okay, sounds great, if you wanna call me back, just call this number," he informed her.

"Will do, Chief," she said, still smiling to herself.

Alex hung up the phone and then quickly called Jeremy. She did need a distraction, and this was perfect. He picked up the phone on the second ring. "Yes, Miss Bouvier?"

"Hi Jer, would you mind if I took Sophia for the afternoon? Her little buddy's uncle called and asked if they could play for a little while." She explained.

"Oh, that sounds good, I have work anyway." He answered. "Want me to drop her off there?"

"Sounds awesome. Thanks, Jer-Bear," she said, using his old nickname.

He chuckled, "anytime, sweetie. I'll be right over."

We said a quick goodbye and then hung up. I called Ronnie back and informed him of the news, then told him our address so he could come by as well. Alex looked at her apartment and let out a small sigh. It was actually much neater than most would expect; she was a bit OCD about keeping her things orderly. The only things strewn around were pipes and a few empty bottles of alcohol here and there. She quickly picked up her half full bottle of Jack Daniels and put it back into the fridge, then collected her pipes and tossed them in her bedroom. She took one of her lighters and lit a candle in the living room, then took a seat on her couch.

She was hoping Jeremy and Sophia got there before Ronnie did; Jeremy sometimes got weird about her hanging out with other guys. He's always been the jealous type, and even now that they weren't together, he was still a bit jealous. But then again, so was Alex.

It didn't take long for Jeremy to get there with Sophie. She was excited to see her mom, and Jeremy was relieved to see Alex. He still deeply cared about her, she was the mother of his child, but he couldn't deal with the drugs and drinking. It was too much for him.

"Okay, so I'm working a long shift and won't be getting out till eight or nine, so what should we do with sleeping arrangements?" He asked.

"She can spend the night here, Jer. Everything will be fine, I promise," Alex said, almost ready to beg if she had to. She missed her daughter terribly.

"Soph, can you go grab some toys to play with while me and mommy talk?" Jeremy asked, and Sophie immediately nodded and ran off. He then turned to his ex-girlfriend. "Alex, I'm concerned. You know that. I don't know if I can trust you with her for the night. I know you would never lay a hand on her, but what if you decide to do something and don't wake up?"

Alex blinked, letting what he said wash into her. "Jeremy, I never do anything while she's with me. I promise, just give her to me for one night."

He let out a deep sigh and took a seat on her couch, and motioned for her to do the same. "Alexandra, I love you, you know that. I love Sophia; she's my everything. But the thing is, you terrify me. Whenever you have her with you, my anxiety goes through the roof. I'm afraid something will happen because you're strung out or drunk. Please remember, I do love you, so, so much, but as a father, I can't let anything happen to my babygirl."

"Where are you going with this, Jeremy?" Alex asked, her heart racing.

"Please don't hate me for this, Alex. I'm taking you to court to get full custody of Sophia. I can't let anything happen to her, and right now, you can't do that."

Alex's eyes filled with hot tears, but she swallowed them back. "What compelled you to tell me this right now, Jeremy?" She questioned, a bit angry with him.

"I had to. I've been discussing it with Leah for a little while now, and I can't keep hiding it from you." He answered.

She shook her head, still very upset with him. "Get out of my fucking house, now," she seethed through gritted teeth.

"Alexandra, I love you. I just can't do this anymore. If you get clean, then I will have no problem doing a shared custody with you. Right now it's just out of the question. You can have her tonight, though. I'll give you a call when I get out of work."

He got up and promptly left. Sophia was now running around with some plastic horses, making them fly. Alex sighed and blinked back her tears; if there was a time she wanted nothing more than to get high and drunk, it was now. But she wouldn't do that.

A few minutes after Jeremy had left, there was a knock at the door. Alex quickly got up and answered the door, smiling when she saw Ronnie. "Hello there," she said. "C'mon in, Sophia's running around here somewhere."

They came in and Kyle immediately set off after Sophia. Ronnie chuckled. "Thanks for letting us come over, apparently I'm too boring for him."

Alex smiled and flopped on her couch once more. "Have a seat, make yourself at home," she told him, smiling.

She was very good at hiding her feelings when she was upset. Ronnie sat down next to her and glanced around. "This place is very nice," he commented.

"Why thank you, I try." Alex chuckled. "So, how are you?"

"Just fine, thank you. How about you?" He replied.

"Not too great at the moment, but I'll live," she answered with a shrug.

He raised an eyebrow at that. "Why's that?"

Alex sighed and shrugged. "Shit blows," she chuckled. "But anyway, tell me about yourself." She really didn't want to get into her problems with someone she barely knew; plus she didn't want to seem like some crazy chick.

"Well, I'm Ronnie Radke. I'm the singer for Falling in Reverse—"

"Where have I heard that before?" Alex interrupted. "Sorry, but I swear I've heard that name before."

He chuckled and shrugged. "It's fine. We're sorta big if you're into the We Came as Romans, Asking Alexandria scene," he said.

"Wait, did you guys go on tour with Avenged Sevenfold last summer?" She asked, her eyes widening with realization.

"Yes we did, why?"

"Holy actual fuck, do you know Jeremy McGinley?"

"Yeah dude! He was one of our guitar techs!" He exclaimed, grinning like an idiot. "How do you know him?"

"He's Sophia's dad," Alex said bluntly.

"No fuckin' way, you're the Alex he didn't shut up about?" He asked, laughing.

"I would assume so," she laughed. "Small world."

"Yeah, no shit," she chuckled. "I can't believe I didn't recognize your voice from your singing; Jeremy played you all the time, you're amazing," Alex said, feeling a bit of a fangirl.

"Why thank you, kind Miss," he said in a southern accent.

She chuckled and nodded. "No problem, good Sir," she replied.

And that's where their friendship began.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is her outfit.
Sorry for the delay, my boyfriend has been keeping me busy.