Status: Active-ish

Let Me In

s i x.

Tom was beginning to get used to Jonson being around, and as much as he didn’t want to admit it, Jonson was actually growing on him. Tom began to understand why Skye liked Jonson so much; Jonson was pretty funny and he was a really nice guy, but Tom would never say that to a living soul. Skye on the other hand, wanted the world to know. It had been around a week since her and Tom made up and she had been increasingly going out with Jonson. She had met his parents and his friends, attending dinner parties and leaving Tom alone to watch Star Wars reruns and eat his weight in Chinese food. Tom found himself increasingly lonely and felt even more self-pity every day. He didn’t like not being able to spend all his time with Skye, he wasn’t used to having to share her. He was accustomed to being the only person that saw her every day and spent time with her every day. Now that Jonson had come into Skye’s life, Tom had less and less time with his best friend.

Tom was alone again, sitting on the couch in Skye’s living room, waiting for her to come back from a date with Jonson. He glanced down at his watch, his knee bouncing anxiously as he read it was already half past eleven. Skye had told him that she’d be back at 10:30, and being an hour late not only worried Tom, but it also pissed him off. He sighed, pushing a random newspaper off his lap and standing up, wandering around the living room. He let his fingertips brush along the top of Skye’s piano as he walked past it, his eyes looking out the window. He was so incredibly bored that he couldn’t stop thinking about his loneliness. Tom grunted, moving across the living room again and grabbing his bag, gently taking out his camera and turning it on. He wasted his time, snapping pointless pictures of Skye’s apartment until he heard the front door open and a gust of early November wind roll in.

Hastily, he put his camera down on the living room sofa before hurrying into the hallway. He heard Skye giggle before she saw it. Jonson had Skye pressed up against the wall, his mouth attached to hers as he kicked the door shut with his foot. Tom swallowed thickly as Skye let out a muffled laugh, due to her lips being occupied. Tom averted his eyes and coughed loudly the second he saw Jonson reaching for the top button of Skye’s pea coat.

Immediately they broke away. Skye pushed at Jonson and he reluctantly let go of her body. She looked around curiously, grabbing Jonson’s arm tightly.

“Hello?” She questioned uneasily.

“It’s Tom,” Jonson spoke lowly, pressing a kiss to the side of Skye’s head that had her blushing.

“Oh,” She replied, a lazy smile appearing on her beautiful face, “Hey Tommy.”

“Hi,” He replied sharply, looking critically at the two. He wanted to tear Jonson away from her and throw him out, but he knew Skye may never forgive him for that.

“I- um…” She stuttered, a light blush covering her cheeks as she let out a girlish giggle, one Tom hadn’t heard since their high school years, “We were just saying good-bye.”

“Right,” Tom said, narrowing his eyes at Jonson who offered a meek smile and small shrug.

“Right…” Skye drifted off before she turned to Jonson, “I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“I thought we were going ta me brotha’s house party tomorrow,” Tom cut in, obviously irritated at the thought that Skye might blow him off again.

“Yeah! Yeah, I know, I was just thinking,” She said with a soft smile, “That Jonson could come with us and meet my friends from high school.”

Tom bit back a harsh remark. He didn’t want Jonson to come. It was supposed to be his time with Skye, time that he had very little of now a days. He didn’t need Jonson inflicting on his time anymore, yet Tom couldn’t say no.

“Brilliant,” He replied, “Sounds great.”

The couple grinned and Tom wanted to throw up.

“Alright, I best be going then,” Jonson said, leaning down and catching Skye off-guard, planting his lips right on hers. “See you tomorrow.”

Skye grinned and Jonson let go of her, opening the front door again before smiling and waving at Tom then shutting the door. The smile never let Skye’s face as she let out a long sigh.

“I swear those kisses are the best,” She murmured as she touched her lips, “The ones I don’t see coming.”

Tom’s gut twisted in jealousy and he nodded to himself, rubbing his eyes hastily before walking over to Skye. He placed his hand on her shoulder and she jumped lightly before smiling at nothing in particular. Tom helped her out of her coat and Skye kicked off her shoes before Tom led her to the piano.

“So yer an hour late,” Tom started off as he helped Skye sit down on the cushioned piano bench.

“Sorry about that,” She replied, hitting a single note before beginning a soft melody, “I guess we just lost track of time.”

Tom nodded, walking to the sofa and picking up his camera before walking slowly towards her again. Skye continued to play the gentle melody, one that Tom didn’t recognize hearing before. He held his camera to his eye before beginning to take pictures of Skye. He loved the pictures of her by the piano most; they were so graceful and beautiful that he couldn’t stop loving them. A portion of one of his bedroom walls was all pictures of Skye at her piano. He was almost glad that she was blind when she came to his apartment, because then she couldn’t see all the secret photos he had of her.

“I think I’m falling in love,” Skye said slowly as her fingers continued to dance across the keyboard. Tom froze, his finger hovering above the shutter when he moved the camera away from his face.

“Yeh’ve only been dating fer three weeks,” He replied, “I fink maybe yer jus’ over finking it.”

A content smile graced her lips as she shook her head. “I’ve fallen in love before,” She said, “And this doesn’t feel like love, it feels like so much more.”

“I-“ Tom cut himself off, “I don’t know what ta say…”

“I didn’t expect you to know what to say,” She said, still smiling. Tom hadn’t seen her smile this much before and he was worried her face might begin to hurt.

“I can’t stop thinking about him. He makes me so happy. He makes me feel perfect and loved. I just- I’ve never felt this way before and… After mum and dad left me I always felt like I wasn’t good enough, but Jonson makes me feel so special. I think I’m falling in love with him,” She said gently. Tom felt tears prickling at his eyes, but he willed them away. He’d kill to be Jonson, he’d kill for just a chance with his own best friend.

“I- I…” Tom stumbled over his own thoughts, not able to focus on anything other than his own hurt.

“I’m so glad you’re my best friend,” Skye said gently, her fingers gliding easily over the piano keys.

“Yeah,” Tom replied, swallowing around the knot in his throat, “I’m glad too.”

“Are you alright?” Skye questioned. Tom snapped out of his painful haze and looked around the room hastily, anything to avoid looking at Skye. “You sounded odd when we were talking in the hallway. You sound really… out of it.”

“I’m just finking,” He replied, bringing the camera back up to his face and snapping a couple pictures of the brail books on the small bookshelf.

“About?” Skye prompted, melodious notes floating in the air.

Tom choked. “Life,” He replied, coughing to clear his throat.

“Don’t think too much, you might hurt yourself,” She said, a joking air to her words. Tom wanted to smile, but couldn’t. He had to find a way to get rid of Jonson, either that or he’d have to get rid of himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is shitty, sorry, but the lack of feedback really doesn't leave me with much motivation. If I don't get any comments, then I'm not going to be posting anymore chapters. It's rather disheartening.

Comment & Subscribe

Twitter
Tumblr