‹ Prequel: Love in the Dark
Status: This story won't be as active as others that I'm working on, and especially not as active as Love In The Dark, however, as soon as I'm finished with one of the other ones, I'll start updating at a more rapid pace. :D

Riddle Me This

six

It was cute to see Ronnie and Dick interact. She was so smooth with her actions, and he was very choppy. I knew the moment she got home she would text me with her assesment of the young trapeese artist, telling me that he obviously found her attractive, and then what she thought of him.

When she left, I walked her to the door, hugging her before she walked down the front stairs to her car. Turning, I found Bruce in the hallway, watching me. I smiled at him, but it didn't last long. "So... how did it really go?"

"We got him."

I was surprised, "You got him? Like.... He's in custody?"

Bruce nodded, "You know... Batman and Robin are pretty efficient."

I smiled and replied, "Apparently."

He smiled and I walked over to him, enveloping him in a hug. "I love you."

He used his hands to move my face to his and replied, "I love you too," before kissing me. He used his hands to tangle his fingers in my hair and I held him close around the middle. Pulling away he said, "I kind of want to go to the bedroom."

I laughed and said, "Same."

Bruce smiled and lifted me into his arms and carried me up the stairs to his room, setting me down on the bed. He smiled as he crawled over me, giving me kisses on my stomach and my chest, up my neck and then on my lips. I wrapped my arms around him and held him close to me, loving the way his chest pressed against mine. I slid my hands up the back of his shirt and felt his smooth skin under my finger tips. He had managed to slide my shirt up to my chin, forcing me to sit up and remove my hands so he could pull it off of me.

The room was dark, the full moon outside being the only thing that lit the room. The light cast a blueish light over everything, and hiding Bruce's face in the darkness. I undid the buttons on his shirt and he shrugged it off of himself, tossing it aside like he did with my shirt. Moving his hand behind me, he undid the buckle of my bra, the elastic snapping away from each other. Taking off the cover, he threw it onto the floor, and moved his mouth over my right breast. His teeth nipped and tugged at my nipple, sending shivers down my spine. He loved it when he did this to me, and quite frankly, I loved it too.

His hands undid my pants, and one was supporting him over me while the other was in between my thighs, playing with me. My breathing slowly devolved into panting as he moved his fingers around me, not really touching anything, but making me crazy with the want. I had just managed to unbutton his pants, when a brilliant light lit the room.

We looked out the window and my heart sank.

The Batsignal was reflecting on the night sky.

I fell back into the pillows, frustrated with the turn of events, and so was Bruce. He turned to me and sighed, pressing his head to my stomach. Looking up, he said, "Bethy-"

"Go, Bruce," I said, "Gotham is more important than me getting off."

He gave me a sorry smile, and a quick kiss before leaving the bed, my body feeling the chill that came over me now. He left the room, and all that was left was the signal, calling him away from me.

(Bruce's P.O.V.)

I was pissed, to say the least. I was just thankful that I hadn't been fully erect at the time. I went down to the Batcave and I found Dick already there half dressed in his Robin outfit.

"What took you?"

I sighed, "I was um... with Bethany."

"Is she all right?"

"Yeah.... I don't know about right now, but she's fine."

He frowned, then noticed the way I was dressed then he smiled, "She's going to be pretty angry with you, I'd say."

I smiled at him, "Shut up, Dick."

He winked at me and continued to get dressed.

"So.... How about that Ronnie," I asked playfully, "She's something, isn't she?"

It was his turn to frown and look at me, but he did manage, "Yeah.... Something."

I smiled and got dressed myself. Getting into the Batmobile, we drove off to meet Gordon at the police station. Getting out of the car, we met him on the rooftop and he said, "The Riddler escaped."

I frowned, "That was fast."

Gordon frowned, "We did our best-"

"Nothing against you," said Robin, "What we mean, is that it was fast. Here wasn't here for a night and he's gone? It's odd."

Gordon nodded, "You think this was all done on purpose?"

I nodded, "Yes."

"Who is he working with?"

"There wasn't any trace?"

Gordon frowned, "None."

"Do you mind if we look," asked Robin.

"No. That's actually why I called you here."

We followed Gordon into the building, the policemen under his command looking at us with wide eyes, some with glares. We were lead into the holding cells, some filled with thugs that we either helped put there earlier today, or that the police had picked up in our absence. The central holding pin had a massive hole in the side of it. The bars were corroded away by what appeared to be some form of acid. Robin and I moved in, taking a bar with us for closer examination. We were positive that Gordon's people were equally as capable of identifying the subject, but we were hoping for something more. When we secured the bar, we went searching the corners of the room, looking for any sign as to who may have helped.

"I found something," said Robin, "It looks to be a piece of burlap."

My stomach dropped. "What did you say?"

"I found a piece of burlap.... Does it mean anything?"

I turned to Gordon and he was equally as white as I was.

"Have you confiscated anything burlap from your thugs?" I asked.

Gordon shook his head, "No.... No we haven't."

I nodded, "Call Arkham, and see if they've had any escapes."

Gordon nodded and ran for a phone. I turned and looked at the piece of Burlap that Robin was still holding.

"Wait... what's going on," Robin asked, "I'm not entirely sure why this is so significant."

"I'm not sure yet-"

"I just got off with Arkham," said Gordon coming back into the room, "During rounds, they thought they had everyone, but upon my call.... Crane's escaped."
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun daaaaaaah!!!!!!!

Comments?