Status: One-shot.

Nothing in Your Eyes

Breath.

My heart was pounding, right out of my aching chest, watching him through the tinted glass window with another one of his daily assignments. The sky was dark as riveting flashbacks and haunting memories started to cloud over the eerie moon. My corpse was endeavoring not to shed a tear from all the pain; the exact pain I was contracting for over three agonizing years. Sure, a broken heart can’t literally kill a person, but explain how I got in this situation...

I thought I had the perfect, one in a million type of boyfriend- you know, the one who would be the shoulder to cry on, the ear that would listen to anything you tell them, the person who would always be there when you needed them; of course, not everybody gets to experience the high, ‘my life would suck without you’ kind of living. No, it was far from cliché I can guarantee you that, and it was worse than just a beautiful mess too.

The boy of my dreams was a no good, deceitful, and corrupt son of a bitch. Yes, I mean son of a bitch- does it look like I care if I’m referring to his mother in his description? I wouldn’t doubt that she’s just as shallow. It would explain a lot.

Anyway, continuing on…

Like I said, my boyfriend and I were together for a decent three years- decent? Ha- well the only decency about it was when we met. After that, it was like watching the porn channel every time you saw a blank wall. Whenever he would come home from god knows where, booze and suppressing cigarette smoke would be rolling off his tongue. Immediate and excruciating pain would pierce through my flesh, knowing that I would be expecting another sex exercise routine. And as much as I would fight my way through the agony, the pleasure that somehow managed to mix itself in there with it- there was nothing that I could do to get my old boyfriend back; the one who wouldn’t force himself on me, drink like a fish or smoke like a raging barn fire. Was I asking too much from the beginning to have a normal, happy life? Maybe I was that delusional to see what facts laid before me.

Looking back at all the bittersweet memories, remembering how much we used to make each other laugh at stupid jokes, reminiscing back to the days when sex wasn’t the game we played at night, I realize that my life was the prime joke I was laughing at all along. I was so caught up with the moment of believing everything was dandy to realize it was fake and indescribable.

Nobody can be in high spirits like that one day and the next you are being dragged around by your hair like a freaking rag doll, scrapping your fragile skin against the hard concrete until your blood is seeping through your tattered clothes. Not that I cared about the other bimbos he was shacking up with that were bound to get the same treatment, but I can only imagine how many woman there really were that he has as his prisoners just like me.

I narrowed my eyes at how he grinded against the petite redhead, pressing innocent words to her ear until she thought she was special. Obviously by the way they were both enjoying the moment, she was doing this with him for the first time; give it time. Before you know it, she will turn out to be his little sex kitten- taking my place ever since I took my very life. Was it worth seeing another die because of his sick mind games?

He has to be stopped. Who else could prevent him from leading another naive slut to her own death bed? Slut, yeah I was one of those once… what was I thinking? Clearly if I’m in this position right now, there wasn’t much thinking involved now was there?

---

Dear Stranger who has taken over my boyfriend’s soul, you’re pathetic. There’s nothing in your eyes that tells me that you still care about my emotions, the good memories we had, or even the love that we once shared a long, long, time ago. You left a hole where my heart should be. I was thrown around one too many times to feel whole inside. I was blind, hypnotized, by the way you were masking yourself to be. Was this all a part of your little scheme- act like you have a kind essence and then rip my happiness from my hands so it’s harder for me to breathe? You always did take the breath right out of me, but when you say that I’m everything you ever wanted you’re a liar. I know nothing of your kind, but I’m sure you are quite popular in that crowd.

--Sincerely,
The Girl That You Never Should Have Messed With
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh- it's a little rusty I think.
Still, hope you enjoyed! :)