Status: Hiatus

Southern Belle...as if.

Introduction

Girl -
"Dre! The carnival started two hours ago hurry your ass up!" I heard from downstairs as I straightened my clothes, fluffed my hair and sprayed myself with perfume. I then jumped around to my door down the stairs and in front of the very impatient girl waiting with hands on her hips. “Took you long enough my hair takes an hour and yet I’m still done before you, how does that even work?”
“To be fair I spent extra time on this” I explained doing a Vanna White pose.
“Whatever, can we just go?” She sighed back adding an eye roll as well and walking out the door before I could even respond.
Let me take this time to tell you a bit about myself. My name is Andrea but most people shorten it, Sammy, for example, calls me Dre…non-stop but that’s not important. It is currently the month of June but just barely, July is right around the corner, hence the reason for the Fourth of July carnival that occurs in our pinprick of a town. I am currently taking this time to figure out what I want to do with my life. I have a few ideas but none are solid so I’m taking the summer to spend time with my friends and just enjoy the time while it’s here. That being said, I am in no way shape or form trying to find “the man of my dreams” I honestly don’t think that person exists. All I need is my friends, family and my little old boondocks town.

Boy –
“So where are you headed to now?” I sighed at the voice on the other end of the phone.
“I’m going north.” I said simply not wanting to have this conversation.
“North, as in with the Yanks? You won’t last one day up there.” I heard the incredulous voice respond.
Not New England or anything just farther up then you are. I got tired of the West, they try to make themselves Southern and they’re not.” I responded remembering my time spent in Nevada, Arizona, and even California. “Anyway I don’t wanna have this conversation again, face it, I’m not coming back…ever.” I finished the conversation hanging up afterwards.
I’m gonna give it to you straight, my name’s Henry Conners, I’m 20 years old and I pretty much ran away from home as soon as I could. I of course finished high school before doing so, but that’s beside the point. So basically all of my adult life I’ve just been “on the run” but that makes me seem like I had a troubled childhood but I didn’t, granted it was nowhere near perfect and it wouldn’t have been all that bad if I stayed I just need to see the rest of the world or at least the country. See I was born and raised in a little town in Alabama. Played football, baseball, went fishing and hunting and the weekends I would take hiking trips with my friends too. I love the outdoors which makes this whole “on the run” thing a lot easier. Right now I’m headed to Virginia, the southern half, not sure where I’ll end up just yet but I have a good feeling about this one.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know it's short i just wanted to get this first one out there. Let me know what you think, good or bad. and i'll try to get another update out soon. also if you have any ideas for what you wanna see in this just let me know :]
Andrea's Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/introduction/set?id=30453302