‹ Prequel: Popping Cherries
Sequel: Polaroid Cancer
Status: Complete. c:

Peach Cocaine

Chapter Three

Yo, Case,” Joey Young slowly makes his way over to her.

Casey had just finished mopping up a jar of applesauce that someone had knocked off the shelf. She rests her arm on the handle of the mop and gives Joey a bored look.

Even though Joey is an excellent worker fish, he’s also extremely arrogant and always smells like he rolled in plaster. To top off his huge ego, he’s been employee of the month multiple times, and Casey believes it is because he’s been sleeping with their boss’s Daughter Fish, Samantha. Apparently, Joey is good in the sack.

Casey fought back from gagging as he approached her.

“Do you think you can cover me for like, an hour?” Joey smiles, it has a hint of cruelty, like Seductress Fish’s smile.

She simply nods and continues mopping long after Joey has disappeared and there isn’t a single trace of the goopy applesauce left.

xxx


Finally Friday has arrived, and Casey is feeling better then ever. Larger then life even! Maybe a little empty, but much better then six months ago when Pale Fish had first stormed into her life, with his tattooed flesh and mysterious bag of peaches.

She smiles giddily as she drives home in her tiny, silver Echo.

Tonight her best friend Caleb Lockhart is bringing her to see a concert, alas not as thrash-y sort of a concert as she would like, but one nonetheless. And knowing Caleb, they all have to be pretty decent bands.

Shortly after arriving at her two-story apartment: Caleb, and his girlfriend Jayde, are waiting patiently for her in his beat up junker of a van. They give Casey a couple of minutes to let Chum out and feed him and then they are on their way.

Caleb grins excitedly at Casey. His wispy, sandy-blonde hair encircling his face, giving him the friendly appearance of an angel. She smiles enthusiastically back. Jayde only glares in front of her, her long bleach blonde hair shinning in the fading sunlight.

Caleb has been around since their Freshman year of high school, and Casey at one point had had a huge crush on him, but soon realized he wasn’t the type of boy she liked. Sure he is kind and gave everything his all, but he also could be fiercely rude and loud. Especially to people he doesn’t like or know. Concerts are his favorite place to let all of that hidden rage go.

Jayde, on the other hand, had shown up about three months ago, another fish to write on his list. Did she mention that Caleb is a huge man-whore? Thanks to him being in a band, he gets a new girlfriend every couple of months and only days apart from the last break up. It’s sad really, but Casey doesn’t judge, she’s grown accustomed to it.

And ninety-eight percent of the girls are usually extremely jealous of Casey and Caleb’s friendship. A majority of the break ups are because of this jealousy, and yet, Caleb refuses giving up their camaraderie.

Like he says, There’s more fish in the sea, right Casey Fish?

They hop out of the vehicle and stroll over to the Backwater building. Tonight is going to be a great night, a grin scrawls across Casey’s face as they draw closer to the structure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Joey is peeked at a little... hmmmm... curious fellow, he is.

Finally get to meet the best friend, Caleb! :D
And his girlfriend!

They'll all definitely be showing up a lot more.
Some sooner then others.

o: