Status: Summer Break!!!... xDD

Anywhere but Here

Chapter 3 - The Silence (B-We Are Patterns In The Sky)

I immediately approached the information desk, the moment I set my foot on the hospital. Stationed there was a blond nurse, somewhere in her 30s I guess. I don’t really know, I mean, I don’t really have the best discretion.

“Hi” she greeted me with a very nice smile.
“Ugh… Hey, just wanna ask something”
“What is it?”
“A girl named Stellar Von Einsbern was brought here yesterday; I just want to know where I can find her”
“Alright… Just a second” She then opened this huge log book and started searching through the names.
“Ah… Here we are, she’s in room 425, That’s in the 3rd floor”
“Thanks”

I took of without delay, I had to use the stairs because the elevators are dead, I think they’re on maintenance… sort of thing. As I was saying, I ran like hell… I mean, I can’t really calm down… weird thoughts are circling through my head and bugging me, I simply can’t get them off my mind.

“Ow! What the hell?” While I’m running, I accidentally bumped into someone and got knocked off.
“I am so sorry”
“No… No… It’s okay, wait… Arthas?”
“Mrs. Einsbern? Oh my God... I’m sorry”
“What are you doing here?”
“Well… I was just sort of hoping if I can talk to Stellar, and… Uuumm.. You know, check out how she’s doing.”
“I’m afraid that can’t be possible son”
“What?… Why?”
“She’s still unconscious, worse, no one knows when she’ll wake up, the doctors said that it’ll probably take years, that damned car hit her in the head real good”

The moment I heard those words, it’s like all the energy within me slowly drained away, they rang in my cars, repeating over and over again.

“And… Uuumm… We’re gonna move to England”
“Wait, What?.... You’re kidding, right?”
“Arthas, we just can’t simply afford her medications… And, well… My father said that he’ll pay for the bills only if we come back to England” (That’s another story =D)
“But…”
“You might never see her again”
I was stunned and absolutely speechless, in fact, just the thought of it makes me weak. Deep inside me, I’m like… crying real hard, but I can’t let other people see me like that, So I tried to hold it in as far as I can.

“Can I… Uuumm… See her?... for the last time”

I honestly can’t believe that I was able to mutter such words.

“Sure”

And so I did, as I was looking at her, I realized something. The world is not perfect; it never was and probably never will. But it’s there for us, doing the best it can, and that’s what it makes it so damn beautiful. She taught me that… Somehow, she changed me and I never even noticed. Stellar and I, We were like total opposites, black and white, sweet and bitter, yin and yang. But no matter how great our differences are, we get along quite well. She always have been the optimistic type between the two of us, And I’m like… The pessimist. She showed me the beauty of the world that I’ve long turned my back on. She gave me a reason to exist, to live and to breathe.
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe, Please.. Don't just hit and Run.. Do comment too.. =))