Status: unfinished but I'm trying hard to do so! =D

Dressed up in Faded Costumes

If Ever Fairytales Came Easy

Lea was confined for two days and I went to visit her everyday after classes.
Eliza had taken me out to get my dress for prom, so neither Maria nor Leila could know about the problem I had with money. She was kind enough to keep it a secret from everybody else. Liam had given her the money for everything.
It was a bit awkward shopping with Eliza at first, because we really weren’t that close. We were just acquaintances. Although in the middle of shopping for the accessories, all the awkwardness seemed to disappear and it felt good having an older sister-like person there for you on your first Junior-Senior prom.
I lied to my mom and told her that the money I got for prom from Liam was money I saved for it.
My prom dress was black and red; mostly black. Its length reached above the knees and it kind of felt weird to wear it—because it was a dress. Eliza insisted that I wear it though. My hair was tied up with strands of hair let loose. I did my own make-up which really wasn’t that much because I didn’t like the lipstick.
“Michelle!” mom called from downstairs. “Michael is here.”
I looked at myself in the mirror and breathed in and out.
“You can do this,” I told myself.
And then I realized that I wasn’t wearing my shoes yet. I already had a pair of heals that I’ve owned for a while, but have only used it once for a wedding. They were black, and it fit well. But… When I put them on, and started to walk in it, I remembered the reason why I didn’t use it again. It was because I always seemed to trip in it. I always tripped in heels.
I sent a text message to Liam and it said, “I’m trippin’ in my heels. Not in a good way…”
I waited for him to reply, and when he did, it said, “Haha. Wear Chucks? S’okay for me.”
And so I did. I wore my high top Red Chucks. At least I felt comfortable.
I took a deep breath and I walked out my room and to the stairs. At the bottom, there my prince waited in a tux. I smiled at him and so did he at me.
“You look gorgeous,” he said as he put on a corsage on my wrist.
“Thank you,” I said. “For everything.”
I hugged him and my mom went all crazy with the camera like all parents do.
“Wait!” my mom said. “Photo op!”
Liam and I stood there; I was blushing so much and he was just smiling.
When we were outside, a limo was waiting for us.
“Oh my gosh,” I said excitedly.
I entered the limo and there was Jake, Liam’s bestfriend, and Sarah, his date. Leila’s date was Matt, and Maria was with Alex. Yes, Alexander William Gaskarth.
I was the shy type in the bunch, especially when Alex talked to me.
“Nice shoes,” Alex smiled. “Maria has told me a lot about you. Epic stories.”
“I’m so star struck right now,” I said hiding behind Liam’s shoulder.
“Oh, please don’t be shy around me,” he said. “I’m as fucking normal as all you guys.”
“Oh, I finally got you to wear a tux!” Maria said.
Alex laughed.
All throughout the ride to the place where the school intended prom to be was more of laughing than actually understanding what we were all laughing about. It was fun really meeting Jake and Sarah, but really amazing meeting Alex. I mean, he was the first musician I really got to know that way.
When we got to the beautiful place, this was the time I felt like Cinderella. Liam got out the car and held my hand when I got off. He was my total prince.
We walked down a beautifully lit path to a tented place in the middle of a garden. It was definitely a first for me to go to a place like that. While we were there, everything was going perfectly. We ate a little; Alex was fitting in and even danced with our dates even if I was sure I was horrible.
When Maria, Leila and I sat down to rest a little, we talked about how the guys were looking so dashing in their tuxedos while they sat on the table beside ours.
“I never realized how nice Alex was,” I told Maria.
“He’s not your average guy,” she said. “But I can always count on him when I need him.” She smiled.
“That’s sweet.”
“I’m kinda shocked Matt asked you, Leila,” Maria said.
“Matt didn’t have a date and neither did I. He asked me as a friend. He’s a very kind guy, you know. Anyway, doesn’t Liam look good?” Leila said.
I smiled at her, not knowing how to really answer her. Just as she said that, Matt came walking towards us and asked me to dance.
“I’m gonna look so freakin’ stupid dancing,” I said, panicking a little because the song playing was upbeat and dance-y. Party Rock Anthem.
“Come on,” he smiled. “You think I know how to dance?”
I stood up taking his hand and walked to the dance floor. He tried to make me feel comfortable by dancing funnily to break the ice. I didn’t know what moves I did or what I looked like, all I was sure about was that both Matt and I were laughing all the way.
And then the music slowed up… and then it got a bit awkward. Matt walked closer to me with a smirk, and slowly put his arms on my waist; and in turn I put my hands on his shoulders which were so high up. He was 6 feet tall, just an inch shorter than Liam. And here I was… small me. I was just 5’5”, like Leila, and 2 inches shorter than Maria.
“You look beautiful,” he said.
“Thank you,” I responded keeping my shyness inside.
“Uh, so how’s the Gibson?” he asked.
“It’s doing great,” I said. “I’m taking really good care of it.”
“That’s good,” he said. “I’ve had that guitar for a while, and even though I knew how to play it, I was too preoccupied with the drum set.” He smiled at me.
“So you’ve met My Chemical Romance?” I asked curiously.
“Nah. Though I’d love to. It was a gift from my cousin.”
I smiled at him.
When we were running out of things to talk about, Liam approached us.
“Can I steal her away for a dance?” he said.
I let go of Matt and I thanked him for the dance. His gratitude paid through a smile.
Liam placed his hands on my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck. The song playing was ‘Hear You Me’. It reminded me of my grandpop. I put the loneliness aside and tried to smile.
“I know you remember your grandfather,” he said. “I know how much you miss him.”
“Maybe a little,” I told him looking down.
“You know what?”
I looked at him. “Hmm?”
“It’s okay to show you’re not okay sometimes,” he gave me a smile.
“I sometimes just wish that some things didn’t happen; and I had a life so perfect. Without the pain and all the smiles.”
“If ever fairytales came easy like what you’re saying, love, then you wouldn’t be you; I wouldn’t be me. We probably wouldn’t be us… God, I sound so freaking cheesy right now,” he laughed.
I smiled and just looked at him.
“Hey,” I said. “Do you remember the vid? What ever happened to it?”
“What video?”
“You know… the video of me singing this song that you posted on YouTube.”
“Oh, that video… I don’t know, actually.”
“Check on it, kay?” I said. “I want to know what kind of hate posts or how many dislikes I have.” I giggled.
“You have a great voice and you sang that song well,” he said. “You don’t have to worry about anything like that.”
I grinned at him as he stared into my eyes. I was melting through his look. I stared back and everything disappeared. Can you know if somebody’s the one through one stare? I chuckled at the thought; unsure if it was right or wrong.
He smiled as he framed my every imperfect movement through that song. At one point, I laid my head on his chest but kept swaying as his arms were around me. He kissed my forehead and I hid a small simper as I loved the way how the moment was perfect.
“I love you.”
Everything didn’t seem to matter from then on that he said those three words. I didn’t even remember who was voted prom king and queen until the next day.
When prom was over and everybody was in the limo all tired but happy, everybody just flashed one another a smile like we were communicating through reading minds. Maria’s head was on Alex’s shoulder, mine was on Liam’s, Leila’s was on Matt’s, and Sarah’s was on Jake’s. It was cute when I came to think of the scene.
When I got home, I was already all-smiles and his coat was on my shoulders. I was standing on the doorstep with him and he gave me a kiss goodnight. As far as anyone was concerned this was our first official kiss together.
So, yeah; Liam was right. If ever fairytales came easy, everything wouldn’t be the same. I probably would still be in Minnesota enjoying the life I never had before. Finally, I felt like everything would be alright; that everything would be fine and manageable.