Keep the Secret

10.

“Wake up Gerard,” Donna chimed happily as she walked into Gerard's room. “Oh, Frank, I never knew you were in here. What was wrong?”

“Frank had a nightmare and came in here; I said he could sleep with me.” Gerard answered as he sat up and rubbed his eyes.

“Okay then, well Gerard time for school.” Donna then walked out the bedroom.

“What was your nightmare about?” Gerard asked as he turned to face Frank.

“Um, it was you and Mikey,” Frank began as he bit the nail off his thumb. “You were calling me names and saying that no one would want or love me. Then you started talking about the Nazis and how they're going to get me and my mama.” Frank took a deep breath as he looked up at Gerard. His black hair was looking un-kept as it flicked in any direction. His hazel eyes had red circles round them from where he had been rubbing them.

“I would never say that stuff to you, Frankie.” Gerard smiled as he got out of bed.

“You've started calling me Frankie?” Frank asked half smiling as he lay back down in bed.

“I accidentally called you it last night because I was thinking of Mikey as well. But I like it, so you're now Frankie to me.” Gerard explained as he started to un button his top.

“So what have you got in school today?” Frank asked lying on his side and looking at Gerard.

“Maths, English, Religion, Biology, History then Art. We normally don't do art because the head mistress thinks we should be doing more important things. Uhm, could you turn around for a second?” Gerard asked as he held onto his boxers.

“Oh sure,” Frank turned to face a wall.

“Yeah well the teacher we have likes us doing out, she says it's a chance to express how we really feel. Then if we want to we can take it home. I've been working on a drawing for the last 2 days and I might finish it today, if it's good enough I'll take it home and show you.” Gerard smiled, “you can turn back around now.”

“I hope I can see it,” Frank smiled as he turned back around and Gerard was in his school uniform.

“Yeah, well I'm going to go get some breakfast. Stay in bed if you want to, I'll see you when I come home.” Gerard smiled as he picked up his bag and walked out the room.

Gerard walked down stairs and into the kitchen where he saw his mum and little brother having some toast for breakfast.

“Gerard, your toast is there,” Donna pointed to a slice of toasted bread on the table.

“Thank you, hey Mikey can you do me a favour?” Gerard asked scoffing down the food.

“What do you want?” Mikey mumbled since there was bread in his mouth

“Leave Frank alone for now, I know you don't mean some of your comments to be mean. But he's upset right now and I thought you could just be nice to him?”

“I do like him and I don't mean to be mean to him. Why is he upset?” Mikey asked drinking down his juice.

“He had a nightmare that we were calling him names saying no one will ever want or love him, then we were saying that the Nazis are coming for him and his mama.” Gerard explained as he shrugged his shoulders.

“Oh dear that's awful,” Donna said as a expression of concern was shown on her face. “I'll go see if he's okay, you boys get going to school and mama loves you.” Donna said as she stood up, kissed both the boy's forehead before walking out.

“We love you too,” the boys simultaneously answered as they picked up their bags and walked out the house.

“Frank, Frank honey it's just me.” Donna said as she walked into Gerard's room to see him lying there. “Oh Frank,” he whispered as she sat on the edge of the bed. “How are you?”

“I'm okay,” Frank shrugged.

“Would you like to come and get some breakfast?” Donna offered but Frank politely rejected the offer. “Frank, you know you can come and talk to me and get whatever it is off your chest. I don't want you being un-happy, not ever.”

“I know,” Frank mumbled as he smiled at her.

“Would it make you feel better if you got ready and we went to post the letter?”

“Yeah,” Frank smiled as he crawled out of Gerard's bed and walked through back into his own.

“I'll be in the garden for when you're ready.”

Frank pulled out an outfit for the day, he didn't have very many clothes and he wore them twice before putting them in for the wash. It did not bother him in the slightest though, At least he has clothes. Once he was dressed he brushed his teeth and combed his hair, then walked downstairs and out into the garden where Donna was watering the plants.

“Morning,” Frank smiled as he picked up a watering can and filled in with water from the kitchen.

“Morning Frank, how are you?” Donna asked when he came back outside.

“I'm okay, you?” Frank asked as he started to water some plants.

“I'm fine; we'll water the plants, collect the new fruit and vegetables, feed and collect chicken eggs. Then we can go to the mail box, does that sound okay?” Donna asked.

“Yeah, sounds fine.” Frank smiled as he walked around watering plants, Donna walked around collecting the newly grown food.

About an hour passed and they were finished, they cleaned their self up from dirt before getting ready to go to the shop. Frank put on his coat his mama bought him last year with every penny she had, he picked up the letter he wrote and put it in his pocket now they are ready to go.

They walked down the street and just outside the vegetable shop, Donna walked over to a big red box thing. Frank followed her and Donna instructed him to put the letter through the slit. Frank took a deep breath before doing so.

“That's it, you've posted it. Now all we got to do is wait for her to reply which should be a few days. Now come on,” Donna smiled as she put her hand on Frank's back and they walked into the shop.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter, a bit longer.

Zoe