Keep the Secret

11

The next day Frank was off to a normal start, he slept in his own bed last night but sat in Gerard's room for ages just talking about everything. In the morning the Way brothers were pushed out the house and told to go to school. Frank had a bath and got ready, but when he came down stairs Donna wasn't there, nor was she outside.

“Donna?” Frank called as he looked in every room. “Are you here?” He shouted as he walked upstairs. He heard a few muffled noises that were coming from her bedroom. “Donna?” Frank called as he edged closer to her room and chapped.

“Yes Frank?” Donna called, though her voice was all shaky, sounds like she is crying.

“Are you okay?” Frank asked.

“Yes Frank, sorry I'll be with you in a minute.” Donna called back but then it sounded like she started to cry even more.

“I'm coming in,” Frank said as he pushed open the door and saw Donna sitting at the edge of her bed with a photograph in her hands. She had tears rolling down her face. “What's wrong?”

“I just, I just miss my husband is all.” Donna half smiled at Frank, “like how you miss your mama.” Donna took a deep breath. “I don't mean for you to see me like this, I should be looking after you.”

“Don't be silly, we have to look after each other is we're going to be okay.” Frank put and arm around Donna, even though his arm couldn't go all the way around her it was still comforting.

“You're a good kid, Frank, you really are.” Donna then put and arm around Frank and pulled him closer.

“Is that him?” Frank asked as he pointed to the photograph

“Yes, him holding Mikey when he was born and Gerard standing next to him.” Donna smiled as she gently wiped her tears away.

“It's a lovely picture, you're very lucky to have all this.” Frank said as he saw trying to hold back from crying. “It's okay to cry,” Frank said. “So, what happened?”

“He was sent away,” Donna said as a few more tears fell from her cheek.

“My papa was sent away too, maybe their working together?” Frank suggested.

“You never know, well, let's pray to god for both their safe return.” They both nodded as the clasped their hands and closed their eyes. Donna spoke and hoped for their safe return, and then when they said 'Amen' they opened their eyes again. “Come on, let’s go to work.” Donna smiled as she hugged Frank and stood up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a while and I am sorry it's short!

Zoe x