Keep the Secret

4.

That night Frank went to bed quite early, he was exhausted from the journey and everything that has happened today. Lying in his bed he looked out the window, the night was quiet and pitch black. You couldn't see a thing, not a street light, or a car. Nothing. All you could see was the moon shining ever so brightly over the land.

Half smiling to himself, Frank rolled out of bed and walked over to the chest at the other end of the room. Lifting it up he pulled out a small sketch pad, torch and a small pot of ink with a basic pen. Even though he was not aloud to take it he had managed to sneak it in with his clothes.

Frank sat on his bed turning on the torch so he could see his bed better. He crawled under the covers with his book and opened it to the next clear page. Frank always drew in this, he wasn't very good but he liked to draw events that have happened. Some people have a diary, this is Frank's diary. Lifting his pen, Frank drew a train carriage in the corner with him and Lucy sitting together. In the other corner it was him with Gerard, Mikey and Donna together. At the bottom left corner it was Frank and Gerard eating sweets, finally in the last corner it was Frank and his mama. He put his mama there to show that he is thinking of her and he misses her.

Just because Frank couldn't write, read or count doesn't mean he's stupid. Mama had always said to Frank that he was special, he just liked to analyse everything fully because taking it in, whatever that means. Back in home Frank had been reasonably wealthy, his mama worked as a teacher while his papa worked as a decorator. Frank didn't go to school, mama never explained why, but Frank would always hear his mama crying and panicking while he wasn't there. She would say things like 'he isn't normal, they're going to get him if I send him to school.' Frank didn't understand but he dare not ask. He didn't want to dig up more trouble, but he would always try his best. Never could he understand that other kids his age could read, write, count and much more and he couldn't. They all went to school I suppose. Frank went to school a few times, a few years ago. He doesn't remember it that well, he remembers being shouted at and hit because he didn't know his 4 times table. Mind you, he was only 7. Though, his mama never sent him back to school.

Frank closed over his book and placed it back in the box before lying back in his bed. He couldn't sleep; there was no point in trying. He was too scared and a lone. Frank sat up out of his bed and knelt beside his bed, placing his linked hands on the bed. To pray.

“Lord, please can you take care of mama while I'm not there. She will miss me, make sure that she is fine and tell her I'm okay. Amen,” Frank said as he stood up and looked out his window again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a while
It's the summer so I'll try and update more
Zoe xx