Status: super active :D

The Trouble We Could Get Into

Shotz

I sat in the hotel room alone, everyone else had gone down to the bar and for once I declined the offer. I sat staring out the window at the bright lights of New York City. I held my acoustic guitar in my arms, plucking away at the strings. I wasn't playing anything in particular, I just liked the sound. It soothed me, and boy did I need soothing. We were in NEW YORK. Before now, I'd never left Baltimore and now I was going to be travelling all over the world. I was excited to say the least, to be able to go to all these places was going to be amazing. And to do it all with my best friends? I don't think I could ask for more.

I was too caught up in my own thoughts to notice that someone had come in the room. I get snapped back to reality when I feel a hand on my shoulder.

“OH!” I gasp as I turn around to see Jack is standing behind me. “oh wow, you scared me.” my heart was pounding.

“You were daydreaming again, huh?” he said as he sat on the floor next to me.

“Just thinking about how amazing this all is, you know? I mean it must be even more surreal for you guys but I’m just overwhelmed by it all.” he wraps his arm around my shoulders and pulls me in close to him.

“It's better then anything I could've imagined.” I smile to myself. We sat quietly for a few minutes “Now, come on! The bar downstairs sucks so we're gonna hit a club” he announces “and you're not allowed to say no to this one! It's New York baby, and we are gonna tear it apart!” he pushed himself up off the floor. “Get yourself dressed and meet us in the lobby in 10 minutes!” he said before shooting out of the door.

I looked down at myself. I was dressed in my comfy old sweatpants and camisole. I pushed myself up off the floor and walked over to my suitcase. I rummaged through until I found the one dress I packed. It was a summer dress my mom insisted that I pack so I could 'look like a girl'. You would never guess I was twenty three years of age. The day I started packing my mom turned up at my apartment and insisted on helping me, ignoring my protests. I couldn't wear this dress. I searched my handbag for my phone and called Tasha.

“Sup?” she answered almost right away.

“I have nothing to go out in.” I stated.

“I have plenty, look in the wardrobe, I unpacked already. Shoes, dresses, bags the whole lot. Go crazy babe.” she said before hanging up. I smiled as I walked over to the huge wardrobe. I pulled the door open to find it was completely rammed with clothes, much like Tasha's wardrobe at home. I didn't realise just how much stuff she'd brought with her.

I could always count on my best friend for something pretty to wear. She always over packed, where ever she went. When we used to have sleepovers, back when we were fourteen years old, she used to bring three different sets of pyjamas and a few outfits to choose from the next day. Her overnight bag was always bursting with clothes.

I rummaged through and finally found a dress that wouldn't look too hideous on me. It was a black and red sleeveless, satin dress. I'd seen Tasha wear it before, and she looked awesome in it. I quickly slipped my old sweats off and slipped into the dress. It fit quite nicely. I stared at myself in the mirror, turning left and right to get a good glimpse from all angles. Once I was satisfied I grabbed a pair of matching heels and a small clutch bag. How did she manage to get all this on the bus? How did Flyzik let her?

I ran over to my own bags again, which now looked almost empty, compared to Tasha's whole wardrobe of stuff. I grabbed some lipstick and eye liner from my make up bag and quickly threw some on. My hair was slightly untidy, but I didn't have time to do much with it, so I scraped the hairbrush through it and slid my black hair band in. I looked almost gothic in all black and red, but I looked good. I threw my phone and purse and card key into the clutch before leaving the hotel room. I power walked to the elevator and waited impatiently. A short elevator ride later, I was in the lobby. Sure enough, there were my friends, already all dressed up, waiting for me. Matt noticed me first and smiled, waving me over.

“well, look at you!” he said. “you don't scrub up too badly, I suppose.”

“Gee, thanks Flyzik.” I replied, rolling my eyes. “where are we headed?”

“Some club called Shotz... cause the shots are cheap apparently.” Alex answered. “I love shots, SO LET'S GO, PEOPLE!”

***************

“NEW YORK” I down a shot. “NEW YORK.” and another “NEW YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORK!” and another. “I FUCKING LOVE THIS SONG!” I shout as I down yet another shot. I place the shot glass down on the already overcrowded table that's in the middle of all of us. I unsteadily get up and pull Flyzik up with me and over to the dance floor. He must be drunk, cause Matt did not do dancing. What we were doing probably couldn't be classed as dancing. Neither of us was particularly good, but who cares? We were having an awesome time.

“I can't” he laughed. “I can't dance anymore Kaycee!” he shouted, just loud enough for me to hear.

“WHY?” I asked, still dancing.

“I GOTTA PEE!” he said before shooting off towards the toilets. I laughed and danced my way back to the table and pulled up another dance partner. This time it was Zack.

“Oh come on! Kaycee, you know I don't dance, and unlike Matt, I am not drunk enough to forget that fact.”

“C'mon Zack please?! Or the creepy New York City men will hit on me and I don't want that!” I pleaded. And on cue, some guy started grinding on me. I turned around and stared at him.

“Hey sweet thing.” he leered at me. I scrunched my face in disgust.

“I am nowhere NEAR drunk enough honey, back off.” I said before turning around to face Zack again.

“Wow, that was blunt.” he stated

“The guy was old enough to be my father...” I replied before starting to dance again “Now dance with me before that happens again.” He gave in eventually, and danced with me until a siren started going off. I stopped dancing, everyone else was cheering.

“What's going on? What does that even mean?” I shouted. Zack shrugged his shoulders.

“It means all drinks are half price for rest of the night!” the woman who was dancing behind us told me.

“Sweet! HALF PRICE DRINKS GUYS!” I shouted over to the table. Jack and Alex got up and shot to the bar. I grabbed Zack's hand and pulled him with me as I made my way over to them. We ordered double the amount of drinks we needed and had to get one of the bar staff to come and clear our table to fit everything on again. I’m pretty sure whatever happens from here, nobody will remember.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey guys!
nice new chapter for you all to enjoy (at least... i hope you enjoy it haha). another sort of introductory chapter, getting to know our beloved characters :3

Kaycee's outfit!

We'd love it if more of you could subscribe/comment... we have a lot of silent readers :( we love hearing from you guys!
anywho, i hope you enjoy this, and let us know what you think!