Status: super active :D

The Trouble We Could Get Into

Turning Tables

I lay in Jack's bunk with the curtain pulled across so nobody would disturb me. I felt too ashamed of myself to hang out with everyone else. I had my headphones plugged into my ears, and my music up loud. I was listening to blink182, they seemed to be the only thing that could block out everything else. I was quite content with staying here for the rest of the short journey to the next show; that was until someone pulled the curtain open. I turned my head as the bunk was filled with light and Zack crouched down in front of me. He started talking but I couldn't hear him, I pulled my headphones out and faced him.

“What's up Zack?” I asked, coolly. I wasn't really in the mood to talk to him.

“Um,” he paused. “Can we talk?” he asked, scratching the back of his neck.

“I guess so, what do you want to talk about?” I replied, raising my eyebrow.

“Can we talk somewhere a little more private? Alex is in his bunk.” He pointed to the bunk above me.

“There isn't exactly a lot of room on the bus Zack... where do you want to go?” I stood up, leaving my iPod next to the pillow, intending fully on coming back.

“The back lounge? Everyone's watching a movie up front.” he walked down the narrow corridor between the bunks and opened the door to the empty back lounge. Zack sat in his usual place at the table under the small window. I sat opposite him, crossing my legs on the sofa. “Tasha said you were pissed at me last night.” he said quietly.

“I was drunk, I don't really remember a whole lot.” I admitted. “Tasha had to tell me what I got up to last night, most of which I am highly embarrassed about.” I said, running my fingers through my messy hair.

“You were pretty wild,” he smiled at me.

“From what I DO remember, you weren't so innocent yourself, Mr Merrick," I snapped quickly, a smirk planted on my face.

“That's kind've what I wanted to talk to you about, Kay,” he paused. “I had no idea that you liked me.” I looked up at him, and stared... who told him? Did I tell him last night when I was drunk?

“I.. I.. um” I didn't know what to say to him.

“Tasha told me... I didn't mean to upset you or anything. If I had any clue you were even interested in me, it wouldn't have happened...” Zack looked into my eyes. “I'm really sorry.”

“Don't worry about it.” I smiled at him. He then stood up and sat next to me, wrapping his arms around me and he pulling me into a strong hug. I nestled myself into his side contently - I loved hugging Zack - he was so strong. We sat like this for a little while before Zack did something I didn't expect. He kissed me. Not just a small peck, but a real kiss; the kiss I've wanted for so long.

We spent the rest of the trip in the back lounge, mostly talking, but every now and again Zack snuck a kiss in. During one of his sneaky kisses we were interrupted.

“Zachary Steven Merrick, you sly dog!” Jack bellowed. He rushed in, my iPod in his hand, and threw himself in between us. “I had no idea you guys were dating!”

“I, um, we...” I started

“We've been keeping it a secret 'til we worked it out properly.” Zack took over. I smiled but Jack didn't, he squinted his eyes at Zack.

“Then what the fuck were you playing at last night, bro? Who was that girl?” This time I stepped in, not wanting anything to happen between Jack and Zack.

“That was my fault.” I said, biting my lip, trying to think of something quick. “We were, um... playing a game. He said that he could get any girl in the bar and I bet that he couldn't so he did.” I mentally slapped myself for making the lamest excuse up in the history of lame excuses.

“You guys are stupid, you should've just come out with it! The others are gonna be so stoked!” he jumped up. “Flyzik said we're gonna be at the next stop in like, 20 minutes, so get your loved up asses out the front, we're playing N64!” He skipped out, but a second later came back. “This was in my bunk..” he said, throwing my iPod at me.

“Hey watch it!” I said as it flew past my face. Jack just laughed and walked out. I placed my iPod on the small table in front of me and scooted back over next to Zack. He took my hand and intertwined our fingers, placing his other hand on my thigh. He leaned in and kissed me softly.

“C'mon... we better go, he's gonna tell everyone anyway.” he whispered in my ear before pushing himself up from the sofa, not letting go of my hand, he pulled me up with him. We walked out of the back lounge just in time to hear Jack finishing telling everyone about Zack and I.

“...yeah, and now they're fucking! Isn't that awesome.” he finished, grinning like a fool at us. I dropped Zack's hand immediately.

“If you were talking about us, we're not fucking!” I stated, placing my hands on my hips. Jack just smirked at us. “Knock it off Jack.” I flopped myself down next to Tasha.

“Yes you are, you just told me!” he said accusingly, pointing to the back lounge. I glared at him as Zack sat down next to me.

“We're not fucking, Jack.” Zack sighed. “we're...sorting things out.”

“Yeah, underneath the sheets.” he muttered. I sighed and looked away from him, only to see Alex glaring at Zack, which confused me. He looked at me for a second before staring off into another direction.

Jack was still muttering about Zack and I's relationship and I'd had enough. I stood up without saying anything and walked out into the back lounge and grabbed my ipod, and plugged my headphones in. I closed my eyes again, and spent the rest of the journey alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is long overdue! sorry about that. hope you enjoy. comments, as always, are greatly appreciated ♥