Sequel: For Someone Like You

You Were Too Good to Be True

Glow

"Devin, are you seeing what I'm seeing?"

I didn't look away from the man, dumbfounded. I tried to speak, but all I could do was grunt.

"It's legitimately Zach Johnson over there! I can't see any more..."

I completely lost focus of what Alex was saying, hypnotized. I'd seen him before and I was going to see him tonight anyway, but still...

"What are you drooling over this time?" I heard Alex ask, then she followed the direction of my gaze and giggled. "No wonder you're so quiet. There's Jimmy."

"I like Jimmy..." I mumbled, then snapped myself back into reality. We stepped up to the line, four or five people in front of us. I sighed, fighting the urge to look back at the table Jimmy Gregerson had gotten up from in case he had returned.

"Hey, I like your shirt," I heard someone say from behind me. Before I looked up at who had said it, I checked to see what I was wearing.

Duh.

Alex and I were both wearing I See Stars shirts. We tried our best to wear our merch to shows we'd see. Like, every time I'd go to a Forever the Sickest Kids concert, I'd wear the shirt I'd got from fancorps and Alex would wear her DCMA It Boys! shirt every time they decided to stop in our area of Michigan. I looked up to thank the voice properly.

"Thanks. Are you a fan of -" I was shocked when I found that I was looking into the blue eyes that hid beneath Jimmy's long, yellow veil of hair.

"Yes I am, actually," He chuckled, amused by my reaction.

"Jimmy!" Alex smiled. "This is actually our stop before we head to the venue you're playing in tonight!"

"Really? But we're not even all there yet."

"Well, we drove for forever and we're early. We figured it was the best thing to do."

"I'm sorry to change the subject, but I swear I recognize you somehow. I'm trying to think, I've met so many people..."

"We volunteered and helped out with a show once, directed your signing...?" Alex looked astonished, not expecting him to have such a good memory.

"Oh yeah! You wouldn't let us get away from the booth without a hug!" Jimmy grinned widely, clapping his hands together once. "We're all about good hugs."

"You remember that?" I was amazed, not believing someone like him would remember me.

"Not much. I just remember hugs, you being cool, and her yelling at people passing by to check us out."

Alex blushed beneath her mask of false confidence, embarrassed that her tendency to get loud to be the reason he remembered her.

After a slightly awkward pause, Alex noticed that we were up to order and gladly accepted the inturruption. She let the zit-faced teenager behind the counter know we wanted fries and drinks as I gawked at Jimmy.

"So... What are your names?" Jimmy asked, trying to strike up a conversation.

"I'm Devin, but she calls me D. This is Alex," I answered, pointing at my friend, who was grabbing our food and empty cups.

"Dr. Pepper, right, D?" She asked, suddenly becoming shy.

"Yeah. And I'll take the food and find a seat."

"You should sit with us!" Jimmy offered, teeth shining subtly as he smiled. "It's just me and Zach, it would be cool. I mean, if you want..."

"Of course I do!" I tried hard to stifle my scream from excitement, but I still ended up shouting. Thankfully, he didn't really notice.

"Cool! We're over here." He pointe over to Zach. I acted like I didn't already know where they were sitting.

"Who's this?" Zach asked as he looked up at me, curious. "By the way... Nice shirt!"

I looked down without thinking again, then rolled my eyes at myself for the fact I did it again.

"Thanks for letting Devin and I sit by you," Alex spoke quieter than normal, trying to keep herself from being too eccentric. She set down our drinks, hovered over the three of us for a second, then took the spot across from Zach. "I always wanted to tell you; the kitchen sink approach to your music is something I really respect. I look up to you as a musician."

"Alex likes complimenting people," I explained.

"We're stoked to see you guys play again today." Alex inched closer to mender comfort.

"So, where are you two from?" Zach asked, prodding us for information.

"A small town in the middle of nowhere. Almost at the other side of the state." Alex answered, taking a bite of her fries.

"Sounds lonely."

"Tell me about it."

"Go to concerts like ours often?" 

What was this, an interview?

"I do lately, when I have money," I answered while Alex took a drink. "But Alex doesn't as much as she wants to."

"I just turned eighteen. My parents were super overprotective. They literally were afraid I'd die if I went to one." She half-smiled, like she always did when she was talking about something that bothered her.

"Well, I do try encouraging brutal pits," Zach grinned, a piece of cheese stuck in his teeth. It bugged me for a second, so to get myself to stop looking at him, I stole one of Alex's fries. "Little cereal bowl mosh pits don't look like they're any fun, but I don't think you could die from running into people...?"

"Her mom is just crazy." I shrugged.

"So, where are the other guys?" Alex asked, using the pause eating created as a way to change the subject.

"Devin's with his girlfriend, Brent and Jeff are both already at the venue, and Andy..." Zach paused, not sure of himself. "He's just somewhere being Andy."

Jimmy chuckled. "He's probably just sleeping in the van."

"That's what you think."

"Well, as long as he's not getting into trouble, right?" Alex asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm sure he's not. He's a good guy. I'm just kidding." Zach assured, grinning. The cheese was gone, this time I could appreciate his smile, even if his teeth were a little crooked.

We each started eating again, exchanged small talk, and got to know each other better. Then, Zach reached into the pocket of his leather jacket for an ancient-looking flip phone, checked it, then swore under his breath.

"It's almost time for us to set up," He sighed. "We should probably get over there."

"Already?" I whined innocently, looking at Jimmy for a reason for them to stay.

"Well, have fun setting up. We'll be at the doors soon!" Alex smiled at Zach, and I remember how she often would talk about how adorable he was when I'd play an I See Stars music video on my laptop.

"It's really cold out," Jimmy pointed, looking at Zach meekly under his bangs.

Zach stared at him for a minute, eyebrows scrunched, until something clicked in the man's head and he nodded knowingly. "You're too shy. I see what you're getting at, though." Zach drew in a deep breath, then slapped Jimmy's back. "He wants to know if you'd like to hang out with us before the show."

"That would kick ass!" Alex's face lit up, and she shot me a look. Since we knew eachother well, we had an understanding of one another. It was the "oh my god, Devin, can you believe our luck? Stay cool, bro. We can flail when they're onstage" look. It was much like the time Duck from the It Boys! attacked us with a random hug unexpectedly, or when she and I had run into Stephen and John Gomez from The Summer Set on a walk in the city months before.

"So... Do you want to hang with us, Devin?" Jimmy asked, stepping out of his seat. We did the same, and he towered over me. He looked down at me, patiently waiting for an answer.

"Y-yeah," I stuttered. I shook the feeling off - though my entire body was still quivering - then stood up straight and shot him a smile that I hoped was beautiful. "It would be amazing."

"Cool! Since you already seem to know where the building is, we'll meet you there?" Zach asked, not expecting an answer. He stood, lost in thought for a minute, then looked at us. "Come to the back door. We'll let the guys know you'll be coming."

Jimmy searched his hoodie's pockets for keys, then held them out. "One of our tech guys lives near here and let us borrow his truck."

I stood, confused at his random explanation. "Well that's bizarre."

He smiled, pleased with himself, then waved at us. Alex offered Zach a hug - he accepted happily - and I said goodbye to the both of them. I couldn't peel my eyes away from Jimmy as he left. As hard as I fought, I couldn't help but watch the way his...

"Zach is hott," Alex announced. "I was just staring at his ass."

I giggled at her honesty. "Yeah... I was looking at Jimmy..."

"Bro. He's into you."

"Yeah, I wish."

"Come on! The sooner we get over there, the sooner we get to see cute guys!" Alex tossed her fries into the trash and grabbed her drink, bouncing excitedly.

"Now you're the one in a rush?"

"Let's go! I'm excited. Dude. D. Can you believe it? I feel like I'm dreaming right now!"

"If we were in one of your dreams, your 'kick ass' answer would have been bleeped out and Zach would have been wearing a lot less," I made a face at her.

"That's true. Plus, I'd be dead by now."

"Alright. Let's go." I grabbed her by the arm. "By the way, you're crazy."

"And delicious."
♠ ♠ ♠
Typing on my iPod is serious business.
READERS PLEASE?
it would kick some asssss!
Btw
I changed "Zach" to "Jack" a lot while typing this.
And I have The Summer Set on the brain.
-.-