Sequel: For Someone Like You

You Were Too Good to Be True

Comfortably Confused

Apparently, the guys took a detour. When we went backstage, no one was there, only one tech guy pacing, barking orders into his headset.

Alex and I stood there a minute equally confused, then she dragged me over to the couch and we plopped down onto it. We sat awkwardly through the other band’s check - that’s what we heard, at least - then finally Andy came through the back door.

“Hey, you guys. How was the show?” He sat down next to Alex, grinning dumbly.

“It was amazing! Plus, we got really close to the stage this time. Right at the barricade,” She answered, smiling back just as weirdly.

“Where are the other guys?” I asked him, eager to compliment Jimmy.

“They’re outside having some sort of meeting or something. I felt like sitting on the couch and texting my girlfriend instead.” He fidgeted, got out his phone, then gave us a half-smile, flipping it open and fiddling around with the keys.

The three of us complained about Michigan for a few more minutes - Andy with his eyes glued to his phone - until Brent, Jimmy, and Zach finally emerged from outside. Though there was obviously no room, Zach sat himself happily between Andy and Alex, shouting something about how tiring dancing is.

“I can imagine. You were graceful tonight, by the way,” Alex teased, snickering and poking his arm. Zach’s face grew dark for a moment, detecting her sarcasm. Probably not even a second later, he laughed and made a comment on her ‘Michael Jackson’ glove, teasing her back.

Jimmy took the time given to him by the two’s conversation to asses the room. He shrugged after a moment, then perched himself on the arm of the couch to sit next to me. My heart leapt a little, then I moved closer to him, hoping he’d say something to me. He didn’t, only put his hands on his lap, made slight eye contact with me, bit his lip, and looked away shyly.

Alex and Zach chirped excitedly at each other, and I zoned out. Brent must’ve gotten bored as I stared at the wall, and watched him walk out with an unamused look on his face. Andy left soon after, leaving the four of us alone.

My friend stared up at Jimmy for a moment, assessing him. Then she pushed Zach over playfully to make room for him, scooted closer to him, and patted the space she made between she and I. He quietly took the opportunity.

“Hey, you want to go for a walk, Alex?” Zach asked. I peered over at them to see that he had snaked his fingers in between hers.

“I’d love to,” She giggled, standing up and not letting go of his hand. “I love you, Devin! We’ll be back.”

“You too,” I called as Zach ran outside, dragging Alex with him, still babbling on about things I didn’t pay attention to.

“It’s just you and me, I guess,” Jimmy smiled awkwardly.

I shifted uneasily, a bit unsure of what to say. All I knew was there was an uncomfortably small amount of space between us and though Zach and Alex left, he hadn’t scooted over yet. “Yeah. Just us two.” I looked away to hide my face, but I could practically feel my ears turning red.

“I want to kiss you, but I’m not sure if I should...”

My eyes snapped over and up to scan his face, unsure of whether he was lying or not. He showed no signs of it, and I moved in even closer. “Why not?”

Jimmy stared at me, curious. His eyes flicked from mine to my lips, though his intentions were obvious, the look on his face told a different story. He looked plagued with guilt, almost as if something was hurting him. He hesitated for a few more moments, then he leaned in closer.

Our lips collided in an instant. Though it was against how I usually act, I let his tongue dance with mine the moment it begged for entry. His hand caught in my hair gently, and he began to pull me closer. I did the same, allowing my finger to flow trough his wet, blond... erm, wig.

He began to guide me to where he was rested on top of me, caressing my side as he began to pull my hair a bit harder. I let go of his, afraid of ripping his wig off. Then, I wrapped one of my legs around his.

He pulled himself away from me quickly. He practically fled to the opposite side of the couch, grimacing.

“Did I do something wrong?” I whined, surprised.

“No!” He shouted. “Of course not. It’s just...” He paused, biting his lip. “I can’t do this. Not to you. You don’t deserve it.”

I was offended. “You can’t do this because I don’t deserve you?”

“it’s not like that at all!” He shook his head, hid his face in his hands, and let out a painful sigh. “Some of the guys and I have this game we play. See how many girls per tour Zach and I can trick into... into...


“So that was all a game.”

“You’re different,” He blurted urgently, leaning in to look into my eyes. “I haven’t really felt anything like this since Chloe, and I couldn’t..”

You were going to use me, but...”

“The Truth is,” He tried scooching closer to me again. “I’d forfeit for you.”

“Would you just...” The way he was acting... just bizzare. Guys are weird. Then, something came to my attention. “Zach is in on that?”

“Yeah. He is. Why?” He looked at me, genuinely confused. Then something in his mind clicked. “You’re worried about Alex?”

“Uhm... duh.” I stood up, angry. Haven’t men done enough to us? I was about ready to find the guy and use the skills I learned from rugby that I never got to use. She deserved better.

“If anything, he’s...“ He paused. “He wouldn’t be in the van. They probably had to find a hotel or something.”

I shivered in disgust. “Come on, time to save my wife.”

“Your what?” He asked, but I didn’t answer. I opened the door to the outside and squinted from the sun.
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG.
summer is the worst time for my writing, omg.
i stared at the wands, omg.
dirty.