Sequel: For Someone Like You

You Were Too Good to Be True

Where the Sidewalk Ends

Jimmy and I walked down the sidewalk hand-in-hand. Though we were hurrying, we had enough time to talk.

I learned that he was pretty much a sad guy. And though he seemed so shy in videos and hardly spoke in interviews I’d seen, he was chatty. I got his phone number and I told him about my situation at home. He squeezed my hand tighter as I opened up, he must’ve sensed it was a weird thing for me. It made me blush.

We stopped walking for a moment, and in front of all the people in the crowded street, he bent down to look me in the eye, tell me I was special and that he was sorry for everything I’d been through, then kissed me sweetly. I stood for a few seconds, too blown away to move. Then, a thought crossed my mind.

I whipped out my phone to check for any texts from Alex. I got one from David, almost a hundred from twitter, and one from Alex and two missed calls from her. Her text said something about going back to the venue.

“Sounds like she’s already back,” I told Jimmy.

“Odd,” He scrunched his face slightly. “I thought it would take longer.”

We both turned around, not letting go of each other’s hands.

“So what happens after this?” Jimmy asked after a while, glancing over at me innocently.

“What do you mean?”

“Are we going to forget about today, or do we get closer?”

“Well, I’m definitely not going to forget you.”

He looked down at me with sad eyes. “I’m in a band, Devin. It’ll be hard.”

“I really don't care.”

“You’re back!” Alex appeared out of the venue, racing to hug me, looked at Jimmy’s hand in mine, then smiled. “Zach bought me ice cream.”

“Just that?” Jimmy asked hopefully.

“Well, I may or may not have gotten her number,” Zach raced up to Alex from behind us. “But it’s almost time for us to leave, so that’s all we could do.”

“You have to leave soon?” I asked Jimmy, frowning deeply.

“Damn it, I forgot.” He bit his lip and stared at his feet.

“Devin was complaining about you being gone for so long,” Zach raised an eyebrow at his friend.

“Well, we’re going to have to hang out when you get off of the tour,” Alex smiled at Jimmy. “A lot, apparently.”

“Yeah...” I giggled, holding his hand tighter.

The four of us talked with each other until Devin appeared out of nowhere, bitching loudly. None of us could take it for very long, so I had to kiss Jimmy goodbye and waved pitifully at the van with Alex.

I shoved my hands in my pockets as we walked back to my car, then felt a vibration. I checked my phone, recognizing the new number that Jimmy had typed in.

“lol Alex is a virgin? No wonder Zach lost interest”

I laughed loudly, grabbed Alex’s arm, and replayed the moments Jimmy and I shared in my head as Alex begged to know what was so funny.
♠ ♠ ♠
DONE! Sorry it ended so abruptly. but I decided to make this flow into the next story :)