Is the 'I Love You' Worth It?

So That's What It Looks Like!

okay, disclaimer time. i worked on this for school ( and the teacher'll never know it was fan fic :wink: !) and changed it a little. okay, a lot. but i like the one i did for school better. so i'll post what i have of it. instead of her water breaking at home, she has to have it broken at the hospital. so consider this a alternative, uh, middle part. i hope it comes out cohesively. enjoy.

“Hey, hey, hey, hey,” he says, jabbing my arm.
“What Tre?” I bark, looking away from him. We’ve been at the hospital for three hours and I can feel the contractions now, not just as pressure, but pain. Bad pain.
“Nothing,” he says looking down at his hands. I know he’s just bored and tired and nervous, but I don’t think I can really put up with him being Tre right now.
“hey you two” nurse Abby says cheerfully entering into my room. “Lisea, I’m going to check and see how far dilated you are, okay?”
I nod and look over to Tre. He smiles nervously and I can tell he doesn’t want to be here for this and I know I don’t want him here for this. He hops off the stool and lingers at the foot of the bed.
Sensing the odd tension between us, nurse Abby says,
“Why don’t you go get Lisea something to drink, Tre?”
He nods and takes off out the door. Nurse Abby laughs.
“First time parents?”
I let out a sigh and nod. “Is it that obvious?”
She smiles. Tre comes hustling into the room right as nurse Abby is beginning the exam.
“I forgot mon-woah!” he reels back from the sight and runs hard into the door that latched behind him. Both Abby and I can’t help but laugh. Tre squeezes his eyes shut and gropes his way around on the floor, crying,
“I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” he finds the door and shoots out and past the windows sown the hall. if anything, he’s good for a laugh when you’re feeling shitty, even though this was obviously unintentional. Finishing up the exam, Abby asks, with a chuckle,
“How old is he?”
You wouldn’t believe how many times I get asked this.
“Oh, twenty-two. I know he acts younger than that,” I say slightly embarrassed.
“You’d be surprised how people act when they’re nervous,” nurse Abby says. “You’re only two centimeters.”
“Really?” I say disappointed. She nods, putting aside the tray of tools. I was thinking that I was already half way and that I should be out of here soon. Or at least soon enough before Tre can damage anything too seriously.
“What does he do for a living?” nurse Abby brings me out of my thoughts by pulling up Tre’s stool next to the bed. I laugh.
“He’s a musician. Drummer,” I say. You’d also be surprised at how many times I’ve been asked this as well. nurse Abby gives me a ‘well that explains it’ look, and we both laugh. I’m not quite sure what it is, but she just makes me so comfortable.
“I take it you’re not married,” she glances down at my hand for a ring. I laugh heartily. For some reason, I’m in a laughing mood, and I’m starting to think it’s because I’m rid of Tre for a few minutes. He’s such a handful, but I start to feel bad for thinking this way. I know he’s not being annoying on purpose.
“No,” I answer her question. “When it came down to it, I just really didn’t want to be pregnant at my wedding.”
nurse Abby laughs. I wonder if she’s always in the good of a mood.
“It’s understandable,” she says, turning at the sound of a knock at the door. Tre peers in the window anxiously.
“Should I let him in?” she asks, placing her hand on the bed. I nod, figuring he’ll just keep knocking until she does so. nurse Abby motions for him to come in and he swings the door open.
“I’m sorry, I really am!” he says entering the room. I shake my head to dismiss his apology. He takes the stool from Abby and pulls it up to the bed. Laying his upper body down on the bed, he pushes a bottle of water to me.
“It was the cheapest thing they had.”